Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're a ratings and/or TV junkie like me, check out www.tvbythenumbers.com and www.deadline.com for all the upfront news and new scheduling. Deadline even has a few of the NBC pilot trailers up right now:

NBC:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/nbcs...y/#more-497591

Fox:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/fox-...medium=twitter

Almost Human looks dece I guess.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-13-2013 at 05:52 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nothing beats old simpsons.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Castle season finale tonight. Was dope. If you didn't like..."pound sand while drinking pig urine"

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

nothing beats old simpsons.
OMG, so classic

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Full trailer for S.H.I.E.L.D

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 05-14-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Full trailer for S.H.I.E.L.D

"There are two ways we can do this."
"Oh, is one of them the EASY way?"
"No."
".. oh."

Whedon? Yes. Ming-Na? Yes. Coulson lives? Yes. TV show based on comic books? Hell yes.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna lie...it doesn't call my attention.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SHIELD is going to be awesome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything Joss Whedon touches ends up great, so I guess I'll give it a shot.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Andy Samberg comedy looks pretty good also from the trailer. I'm a fan of his though so I'm a bit biased.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 05-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill check it out but that trailer didn't look like anything special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with the others above, that SHIELD trailer really didn't do anything for me. That being said, I'm definitely going to watch the show anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lonely Island needs their own show though. Imagine all 3 as cops.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
The Lonely Island needs their own show though. Imagine all 3 as cops.
Agreed. This clearly would have been the best thing to do. I hope Jorma and Akiva are at least writers for this one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Agreed. This clearly would have been the best thing to do. I hope Jorma and Akiva are at least writers for this one.
I'm guessing they will at least direct a few episodes.

I love Andre Braugher, so I will DVR it. Also, it's got hilarious Joe Lo Truglio and TERRY CREWS!

Even though it doesn't make sense, I hope there are some really intense dramatic scenes in the show.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Girl is such an awesome show. That and Parks are the two most consistently hilarious shows on TV.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Lonely Island had a pilot they shot for Fox a few years back, before the SNL stuff. It didn't get picked up, but you can find it on their website. It's pretty funny.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I'm guessing they will at least direct a few episodes.

I love Andre Braugher, so I will DVR it. Also, it's got hilarious Joe Lo Truglio and TERRY CREWS!
This pleases me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Lonely Island had a pilot they shot for Fox a few years back, before the SNL stuff. It didn't get picked up, but you can find it on their website. It's pretty funny.
Fox didn't pick up a funny show. Shocker.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
New Girl is such an awesome show. That and Parks are the two most consistently hilarious shows on TV.
Easily my two favorite comedies right now.

I'm sad both seasons are now finished :(
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Any Summer releases this year that I should keep an eye on?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Any Summer releases this year that I should keep an eye on?
I haven't seen anything that really jumped out at me, and I think we have roughly the same tastes in TV shows.

Suits/White Collar/Burn Notice/Falling Skies/etc are coming back, and I'll give that new USA show called Graceland a shot but I'm not all that excited about it.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does Whose Line start this summer? I will watch this.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I haven't seen anything that really jumped out at me, and I think we have roughly the same tastes in TV shows.

Suits/White Collar/Burn Notice/Falling Skies/etc are coming back, and I'll give that new USA show called Graceland a shot but I'm not all that excited about it.
Yeah I don't think we disagree on much TV wise. Graceland I'll check out cause of the USA connection but I haven't heard about anything else really.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

No Luke Cage

Quote:
Easily the most high profile new show coming to network TV this fall will be Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Joss Whedon is the co-creator and one of the executive producers on the series (and directed the pilot), along with Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeffrey Bell. Bell previously worked with Whedon on Angel, where Bell served as showrunner for the final two seasons.
At ABC's Upfront party last night, I spoke to Bell about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We talked about what the show will be week to week, the return of Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and all the rumors concerning the mysterious character played by J. August Richards in the pilot. There's been a lot of speculation Richards is playing Marvel's Luke Cage, but it seems that is not the case after all. So let the speculation... continue!

IGN TV: So how would you describe this show week-to-week? What kind of adventures will S.H.I.E.L.D. be having?

Jeffrey Bell: Well, we’re kind of hoping we’ll do kind of like we did on Angel: every week different. I mean, spy, action, monsters, alien, sci-fi -- it’s ABC, so romance. But tonally, big Marvel, aspirational heroes trying to help people -- not dark or cynical -- but changing every week. Hopefully with a lot of humor.

IGN: And I’ve got to ask about J. August Richards…

Bell: Killed it! He’s so good. He’s so good, because we were looking for this character M-- I almost said his name. It’s not the one people are talking about.

[Editor's Note: Yes, it kind of sounded like Bell was about to say a name beginning with an M... but maybe he just made a strong "HMM" sound when he stopped himself! Ah, so much to ponder.]

IGN: He’s not! So I’m going to say Luke Cage, and you’re going to say...

Bell: I’m going to say that’s an interesting Marvel character, but no. But he came in and killed it. Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor. It wasn’t like, “You know who…!”

J. August Richards in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

IGN: Should we assume it’s someone familiar if you read Marvel comics?

Bell: You know, not necessarily. I mean, we’re going to draw from it, but Marvel has its thing, and we’re also going to be expanding forward, and this world is different since The Avengers. So I think there will be people showing up, some from the Marvel Universe and some not. But to commit to anything more would be telling.

IGN: We know the focus is on people without powers. Will we see J, or other characters with powers, pretty frequently though?

Bell: J’s a guest star in it, and we talk about it like this: If you take all the Marvel movies, really only Captain America and the Hulk are the only real “superheroes” in all those movies. You’ve got an alien god, but in all those movies, there’s been, like, three [superheroes]. So if we trot out a superhero every week, it would be weird. But we’re saying the world is different and things are changing, so we will be finding other people -- so whether it’s science or whether it’s a result of [what happened in] New York or whether they're from somewhere else, we’re open to everything. Whatever makes cool stories.

IGN: Lastly, Coulson. I know you can’t say how he’s back, but is he changed at all? How has this experience affected him?

Bell: Great question! He’s great! Coulson is back, and that’s all I can say.