Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started it and it's amazing...

I never noticed how many people have been posting books from high school... I feel old.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to reading this, not a bad read.

My favorites are The Asian Saga (James Clavell-series) and the Foundation series (Asimov)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
I thought this was a pretty good read. About a 8th grade level.

Only the shallow know themselves.
ironic. i am currently reading one of your better works at the moment.

DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post

Just started it and it's amazing...

I never noticed how many people have been posting books from high school... I feel old.
Vonnegut is one of my many heroes. Cat's Cradle is another really good book by him

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

I am just starting to read it.
i want to read that badly.

I read Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan for 9th grade and my teacher had no clue who he was.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I read Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan for 9th grade and my teacher had no clue who he was.
High School English teachers were very incompetent.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
My favorite book is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. That's one great book.
Definitely is. Been a few years since I last read it, I probably won't get around to it again until the semester is over.

I'm currently reading Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places. I bought it during the lockout and never got around to reading most of it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these are what I'm reading. (Yes I know it's pretty geeky)

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Definitely is. Been a few years since I last read it, I probably won't get around to it again until the semester is over.

I'm currently reading Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places. I bought it during the lockout and never got around to reading most of it.
is Akim Aliu mentioned?

Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Thoug...3084074&sr=8-1

This book had a profound effect on me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished reading Wieland by Charles Brockden Brown.

Quite easily the best book written in 1798.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"American Gods" - Neil Gaiman. 2007 Hugo award winner. Gaiman's awesome.

Just read the Batman graphic novel, "The Long Halloween" as well. Another solid recommendation.

But seriously, pick up American Gods. There's no way you won't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read this one awhile back but it's still an excellent book

About the genocide in Rwanda, and also about how basically useless the UN is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're into fantasy novels, I recommend most R.A. Salvatore books(very few authors describe battle scenes better) and of course Dragonlance Chronicles and Dragonlance Legends by Weiss and Hickman, as well as the Dragonlance Heroes set of books. The Legend of Huma is particularly great IMO.

If you're into some mindless type reading, I though the Stephen King novel "Cell" was quite good.

And for more mindless(but very fun) entertainment, try the new Warhammer 40,000 series "the Horus Heresy" Extremely good books. I'm hooked on this series right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ANybody know a good biography?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

amazing book.just amazing.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Bright Lights Big City by Jay MciNerney

Old 11-05-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
If you're into fantasy novels, I recommend most R.A. Salvatore books(very few authors describe battle scenes better) and of course Dragonlance Chronicles and Dragonlance Legends by Weiss and Hickman, as well as the Dragonlance Heroes set of books. The Legend of Huma is particularly great IMO.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/The_legend_of_huma_novel_cover.jpg[/img
Man I used to read the Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms books all the time. I have The Legend of Huma & its sequel Kaz the Minotaur somewhere.

Its been taking me awile, but ive been working my way through this great book.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

The Count of Monte Cristo. And the movie is almost as good.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sperm Wars by Robin Baker
It is about human sexual psychology. It is a fascinating read.

33 Strategies of War

48 Laws of Power both by Robert Greene.
A Confederacy of Dunces John Kennedy Toole
The Prince by Machiavelli
Candide by Voltaire
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S Thompson
Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
ANybody know a good biography?
No one...?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
No one...?

When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi
by David Maraniss
Old 11-05-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

That's a great book

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

That's a great book
Yup, probably my favorite book of all time. The movie with Gregory Peck is also a classic.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post

When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi
by David Maraniss
Very nice... I'll check it out.