Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
I think that my main requirement in the MVP voting is whether or not the player's team is a championship contender, so Gilbert is out. Steve Nash should win it for his third time, the Suns are a lottery team without him, and (most importantly) a championship contender with him.
The suns are a playoff team without Nash. They still have Marion, Stoudemire, Bell, Barbosa and Diaw. With Thomas, Jones, Rose, Banks all off the bench Thats playoff caliber team IMO Not a championship caliber but defintley playoffs.
We got whipped by Chicago, Atlanta, and Seattle. Not really the mark of the playoff team. Plus we're 4-11 without Nash. Nash is having a better year than his last year, and the team is performing just as well with him in the line up. Right now, the only other person who has a legitimate shot of winning it is Dirk Nowitzki.
Yeah because you were used to having Nash. Im saying if this team started the season without Nash or didnt have Nash to begin with they would atleast be an 8th seed in the west. When your used to playing with the best PG in the league its going to take time to learn how to play without him.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
Quote:
Ok, First... The wizards were one of the worst teams in the league before we got Gilbert and since than we have done a 180. Second of all...He made it to the second round of the playoffs year before last. Third, I am far from a homer, In fact in this thread I believe I said Steve Nash should win the MVP. So again, you people need to get your facts straight before you go blabbing on about false statements.
You make it sound like Gilbert is the reason. Lebron is the only reason the Cavs are good. The Wizards had Jamison (once all star) Butler (all star) and Gilbert (all star), Eddie Jordan (an all star coach) and at one point larry Hughes (2nd in D-MVP voting), to go along with an ok supporting cast.

To say Gilbert turned that franchise around by himself is comical.
You just love spitting out facts that are not true. Caron Butler wasnt an allstar before this year nor did he play anywhere near aallstar caliber ball. Yes Jamison and Butler are great players but without Gilbert the wizards would NOT be a playoff team. You really do not know what your talking about. I am a longtime wizards fan. Ive been watching since the Rod Strickland days. Believe me, when we go Gilbert Arenas is when our transition to a playoff team began. To argue that the Wiz did not suck before we got Gilbert is "comical"
Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
BTW I like Chris Bosh for mvp, I really cant think of any player who is more valuable to their teams success right now.
steve nash? lebron james? kobe bryant? without shaq, dwayne wade?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
Believe me, when we go Gilbert Arenas is when our transition to a playoff team began
its easy to be a playoff team in the NBA. There are teams every year that arent even .500 and make it.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
BTW I like Chris Bosh for mvp, I really cant think of any player who is more valuable to their teams success right now.

this whole "valuable" thing pisses me off. The MVP should go to the best player of that year. If you go by who the most VALUABLE is it depends too much on the players around you, which you have no control over. If you put Caron Butler on the Grizzlies, he might be the most valuable to his team. Does that mean he should be the MVP? I dont think it should.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
The Toronto raptors are in 3rd place. Without Chris Bosh their team is easily a bottom 3 team in the league. Im starting to question you have any basketball knowledge beyond the big name players/teams.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Believe me, when we go Gilbert Arenas is when our transition to a playoff team began
its easy to be a playoff team in the NBA. There are teams every year that arent even .500 and make it.

well they are 8 games over 500 so i dont see the point.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Quote:
Quote:

this whole "valuable" thing pisses me off. The MVP should go to the best player of that year. If you go by who the most VALUABLE is it depends too much on the players around you, which you have no control over. If you put Caron Butler on the Grizzlies, he might be the most valuable to his team. Does that mean he should be the MVP? I dont think it should.
They should change the name to Best individual performer award than. The name is misleading.

If the Grizz had Caron they wouldnt be a playoff team. Bosh is on the 3rd place team and really without him his team is far below average.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Quote:
Quote:

They should change the name to Best individual performer award than. The name is misleading.

If the Grizz had Caron they wouldnt be a playoff team. Bosh is on the 3rd place team and really without him his team is far below average.

I'm not saying they would be a playoff team, im saying he might be the most valuable to his team.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
The Toronto raptors are in 3rd place. Without Chris Bosh their team is easily a bottom 3 team in the league. Im starting to question you have any basketball knowledge beyond the big name players/teams.
The Cavs had the worste record in the NBA when we drafted Lebron, the next year we almost made the playoffs.

Bosh isnt valuable like the other players are thats all im saying.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Steve Nash

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
The Cavs had the worste record in the NBA when we drafted Lebron, the next year we almost made the playoffs.

:roll:

The Raptors have Chris Bosh and TJ Ford. The rest of their players probably wouldn't start anywhere else. The Cavs have Ilgauskas, Hughes, Gooden, and possibly Marshall and Eric Snow as people who would start for other teams.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Nash. Nash may be the most important player to his team more than any other athlete. He deserves MVP. Who cares if he's won it back to back? He deserves it because he makes the players around him better.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28
It has to be Nash. Nash may be the most important player to his team more than any other athlete. He deserves MVP. Who cares if he's won it back to back? He deserves it because he makes the players around him better.
I wish Gilbert would win, but Nash deserves it. He makes the game look soooo easy. I mean soooooooooooooo easy. After you watch him, the next day you play and think "oh I saw this last night." never works. never.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:

:roll:

The Raptors have Chris Bosh and TJ Ford. The rest of their players probably wouldn't start anywhere else. The Cavs have Ilgauskas, Hughes, Gooden, and possibly Marshall and Eric Snow as people who would start for other teams.
The entire Raptors team (including Darrick Martin) have a better chance starting for another team over Ilgauskas, Snow & Marshall. Seriously, Bargnani, Calderon and Parker are way better than those guys. Bargnani and Calderon don't even start for us which tells you something about how good our players are.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
The entire Raptors team (including Darrick Martin) have a better chance starting for another team over Ilgauskas, Snow & Marshall. Seriously, Bargnani, Calderon and Parker are way better than those guys. Bargnani and Calderon don't even start for us which tells you something about how good our players are.
I think if you took Bosh off the Raptors, and Lebron off the Cavs, there is more talent on the Cavs (for this year... for the future we're definitely better). You disagree?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
I think if you took Bosh off the Raptors, and Lebron off the Cavs, there is more talent on the Cavs (for this year... for the future we're definitely better). You disagree?
I completely agree with you. Alot of you Raptors fans overrate Calderon too. Hes good but I cant think of more than maybe 5 teams where he would be a starter, if that.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually when Lebron isn't playing, the Cavs are like 9-2 or something.

And Calderon might be mediocre, but Mr. Ford is nasty.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow

I agree. The team is generally Ford and Bosh.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

TJ Ford is going to be one of the best PG's in the league sooner or later. I think Calderon is slightly better than mediocre but alot of Raptor fans seem to think he would be an allstar or something if he was starting.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

TJ Ford is going to be one of the best PG's in the league sooner or later. I think Calderon is slightly better than mediocre but alot of Raptor fans seem to think he would be an allstar or something if he was starting.
Calderon would do no better if he started. He benifits from coming off the bench. He's so well liked that everyone thinks he's better than he is.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you guys don't know much about Calderon. You underrate him and overlook him. That's what NBA teams do, and he makes them pay when he nails a deep jumper (never a 3 though) or drives to the bucket for an easy layup. He's good at leading an offense but I think he's better served as a backup. None of you can say our team is all Bosh and Ford because every game we have other contributors like Parker, Peterson, Bargnani, Garbo, etc. who pitch in with big-time games. Ford and Bosh just get all the recognition and the clutch baskets, but deservedly so. Just because all of our players were outcast by other teams doesn't make those teams right, it makes them stupid. Colangelo knows what he's doing and he's proven himself for years but nobody seems to follow in the trend of piecing together Europeans and role players instead of adding high-priced overachievers like Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Some of you guys don't know much about Calderon. You underrate him and overlook him. That's what NBA teams do, and he makes them pay when he nails a deep jumper (never a 3 though) or drives to the bucket for an easy layup. He's good at leading an offense but I think he's better served as a backup. None of you can say our team is all Bosh and Ford because every game we have other contributors like Parker, Peterson, Bargnani, Garbo, etc. who pitch in with big-time games. Ford and Bosh just get all the recognition and the clutch baskets, but deservedly so. Just because all of our players were outcast by other teams doesn't make those teams right, it makes them stupid. Colangelo knows what he's doing and he's proven himself for years but nobody seems to follow in the trend of piecing together Europeans and role players instead of adding high-priced overachievers like Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall.
That''s why they aren't big stars... because they're horribly inconsistent. Hughes and Marshall are much more consistent than our players, and in a 80+ game season, consistency is what matters most.