Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
genom

Do me a favor and go back and look at last weeks game, or the week prior. Now watch Vilma take on a fullback or a guard, and watch him get blown back by 5 yards EVERY time. Now watch Harris take on a fullback or a guard, he stands his ground and allows others to come up and make the hit. Or he disengages quick and helps out on the tackle. It is clear as day, watch the tape. Harris is much stronger than Vilma, and Vilma is clearly playing hesitant this year.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Genom is right...Vilma is not playing well in our system...And I would argue you need a NT and Vilma would be just as good but considering Grady Jackson is our stop gap measure for another year it would be a wast eof Vilmas talrnt why not get a pick for him before he can become a FA and leave bc he hates the 34 without a NT and big Ends to defend him.

Toast: Vilma has not been bloody brilliant hes just been bloddy (or bloodied) he gets pushed back and dominated every game. He needs to be moved bc we dont have and will not have the nT needed for him to be effective for prob 2 years. I would love to keep him if we were committed to running a 43 but were not

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no star MLB like vilma likes the 3-4 and i do feel like that could be one of the main reasons he may leave once his contract is up
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
Genom is right...Vilma is not playing well in our system...And I would argue you need a NT and Vilma would be just as good but considering Grady Jackson is our stop gap measure for another year it would be a wast eof Vilmas talrnt why not get a pick for him before he can become a FA and leave bc he hates the 34 without a NT and big Ends to defend him.

Toast: Vilma has not been bloody brilliant hes just been bloddy (or bloodied) he gets pushed back and dominated every game. He needs to be moved bc we dont have and will not have the nT needed for him to be effective for prob 2 years. I would love to keep him if we were committed to running a 43 but were not
Wow. Well, we'll see in the coming weeks how well whoever plays ILB in his place does, and we'll see who is right.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not secret that vilma isn't meant for this scheme, but the same could be said about multiple other players on the D. Hey, maybe thats why our D sux. Tell Mangini to wake the F up

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd just like to say that lately i'm beyong annoyed with the Jets and watching every game and what happens has pretty much killed any + emotions i might have had. IMO it all starts and ends with Mangini and his stupidity thus far.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why guys still get upset about Mia players going back to Miami to work out, almost all of them do it, and almost all of them come back to their teams in great shape and play well...Its been going on for some time, its not like their taking a fishing trip, or working out in their backyard, if you think about the athletes that came from the U and that all go back to work out, its probably as good of an environment as you can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch Harris kick ass this week. Ive been very impressed with him every chance he sees the field, and he's built for this scheme.

He should be in the starting lineup, I have no idea why he's bench to begin with.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-26-2007 at 09:38 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Watch Woodson kick ass this week. Ive been very impressed with him every chance he sees the field, and he's built for this scheme.

He should be in the starting lineup, I have no idea why he's bench to begin with.
Who exactly is Woodson? Do you mean David Harris or...?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Who exactly is Woodson? Do you mean David Harris or...?
Whoops, yeah I meant Harris. I always get his name confused with Woodson for some reason. I'll edit that now.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Well, it is official.

But Vilma, in a statement released through the team today, said, "I now look forward to supporting my teammates for the rest of the 2007 season and returning to the field with them in 2008."

I've read more and more quotes from "friends of vilma" saying he is extremely frustrated with playing in the 3-4. I hate the idea of trading him, i would honestly rather just try him at SS first, but I dont see that flying too well with him. He is only 25 and could be a top 5 mlb in a 4-3, so i dont see why we couldn't get a high first rounder for him, but that is just me being optomistic.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why not try and trade him straight up, why does it necessarily have to be for a pick? DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson are two big name players in a 4-3 reportedly on the block...not big needs, but we could use them. What about even Lance Briggs? I dnno I'm just speculating here though...

But again, as I said, the Jets got a first round draft pick for a disgruntled, injury prone player who was less talented and less productive than Vilma in John Abraham...I can guarantee we'd get the same kind of value if not better, for Vilma..

I'm sure the Bengals, Giants, even Broncos would throw a first rounder down for Vilma in a heart beat.

LAST THING: If we could somehow manage to get Chris Long AND Darren McFadden, from simply a potential perspective and given the way things are going this year, I would possibly take those two over Vilma. Very doubtful, just optimistic.

Jets will not take McFadden...

Last edited by nvot9 : 10-27-2007 at 01:34 PM.
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Why not try and trade him straight up, why does it necessarily have to be for a pick? DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson are two big name players in a 4-3 reportedly on the block...not big needs, but we could use them. What about even Lance Briggs? I dnno I'm just speculating here though...

But again, as I said, the Jets got a first round draft pick for a disgruntled, injury prone player who was less talented and less productive than Vilma in John Abraham...I can guarantee we'd get the same kind of value if not better, for Vilma..

I'm sure the Bengals, Giants, even Broncos would throw a first rounder down for Vilma in a heart beat.

LAST THING: If we could somehow manage to get Chris Long AND Darren McFadden, from simply a potential perspective and given the way things are going this year, I would possibly take those two over Vilma. Very doubtful, just optimistic.

Given the reason that Hall and Johnson are supposedly on the trading block (I personally don't think Cincy deals Ocho and gets rid of Marvin at the end of the season, Chad isn't the problem it's injurys and the fact that the team is unbelievably poorly coached) is that they're not team players, and we're trying to get rid of all of our guys that aren't team players this offseason, why would we trade for them? And Briggs is overrated IMO, plus I don't know what kind of fit he is for the scheme.

The only problem with trading him this offseason is he's having major knee surgery, and for a guy who's strength is speed and playing sideline to sideline that makes him a major question mark. Abraham was more of a guy who never played through lingering things, his injuries weren't as serious as this one. I think he ends up being devalued a tad because of that. That said I think the Bengals and Giants are definitely possible trade partners, as are Saints and Lions. We'll see what happens, but I definitely think he's gone after this season.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

this whole situation makes me really sad as a Jets fan, because Vilma was really one of every1's favorites and he's gone so downhill since Mangini. Its really sad cuz he's such a good kid and tries so hard, but is just in the wrong system. In this past offseason I was completely against trading him just because of who he is. But now, if we could get something for him and if Harris plays well, im not opposed. And if we did trade him, he would still be my favorite player.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow huge loss for a reeling Jets team. Is it officially time to go into tank mode?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Wow huge loss for a reeling Jets team. Is it officially time to go into tank mode?
It doesn't have to be, I think we can play our best and still lose every game...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a note. I believe David Harris has 7 total tackles today(4 solo, 3 assisted, I think. Could be 4 total as well) and the Bills are averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Just a note. I believe David Harris has 7 total tackles today(4 solo, 3 assisted, I think. Could be 4 total as well) and the Bills are averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.
Though I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that Lynch isn't playing, this is an interesting stat and I'm sure there's a definite relation there. Nice point.

Also, he's got 5 solo and 3 assisted at the half.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
genom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Wow. Well, we'll see in the coming weeks how well whoever plays ILB in his place does, and we'll see who is right.
How do you think Harris has played? Is there a noticeable difference?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Though I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that Lynch isn't playing, this is an interesting stat and I'm sure there's a definite relation there. Nice point.

Also, he's got 5 solo and 3 assisted at the half.
Yea, I saw that. I don't know, Lynch did have 7 carries before he got hurt and was only averaging 3.3 YPC(which is obviously better than 2.5 but still). I'm not saying that Harris is directly responsible for the 2.5 YPC by the way. Just that he's playing pretty well so far with 8 tackles in the first half, and the defense does seem to be playing better against the run at the very least.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 10-28-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Make that 11 tackles and a sack for Harris. With Lynch back in, the Bills are still averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.

Quote:

Old 10-28-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Make that 11 tackles and a sack for Harris. With Lynch back in, the Bills are still averaging 2.5 YPC on the ground.
He's been fantastic thus far. Not that I'm surprised, but he's been great. You have to figure Vilma is gone this offseason, but the whole situation has still been a little shady. I wonder if he's actually hurt, and I wonder what we'll get in exchange for him...
Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Harris is also making the defensive calls according to the announcers, since apparently Barton doesn't like to.

Quote:

Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

14 tackles and a sack now(9 solo, 5 assisted). Bills still averaging under 3 YPC(2.9)

Quote:

Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Ended up with 17 tackles(10 solo, 7 assisted) and a sack. Bills rushed for just over 3 YPC on the ground. But you guys lost, so I guess it really doesn't matter anyway.

Quote: