Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Go watch Peterson's highschool highlights and Scott's highschool highlights then compare.

IMO, Scott is shiftier, a bit faster, but not quite as powerful as Peterson. The thing I like about Scott is he has a lower center of gravity. Comparing anybody to Peterson is REALLY hard nowadays, but as far as highschool prospects, I really think they're both very much elite, with Chris Wells a miniscule notch below.
Yeah, okay I am gonna go do that. You're probably right.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I liked Wells too, but I'd make him the Steelers to the Pats and Cots.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Emanuel Moody going to UF not happening... This kid is the biggest mystery in the recruting world but I'd say he pulls the same thing every other kid in CA does and ends up at USC but im hoping for his sake he ends up at colorado because he'll be the featured guy no doubt about that
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost positive he will end up at Colorado with his cousin.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

This would definately be a big win for Dan Hawkins's squad but lets hope ur right i mean the guy hasnt given us any hints as well as Arthur Brown
Old 11-18-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He rated his visits to both UT and CU 9.5 out of 10. He'll announce his decision during the Army All-American game.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Im pretty sure UT dosent want to get another back cause the only one they offered was Jeremy Hills and thats why they didnt offer Jermie Calhoun correct me if im wrong
Old 11-19-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope he goes to Colorado

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
Im pretty sure UT dosent want to get another back cause the only one they offered was Jeremy Hills and thats why they didnt offer Jermie Calhoun correct me if im wrong
If a talent like Scott knocks on your door, you change your recruiting strategy.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
UT stopped recruiting Calhoun because he had major grade issues and with the recent off-field troubles we've been having, I don't think Mack wanted to take the chance.

But we wouldn't have offered Scott if we didn't want him. He just took an official visit 2 weeks ago and said he really enjoyed it.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

oh okay i just wanted someone to clarify tha for me because Jermie is no slouch hes legit because I was wondering why Jeremy Hills over him? besides the fact that his brother was a top recruit and was a steady player woulda been a superstar at TE if not for injuries had to end up at OT
Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Quote:
oh okay i just wanted someone to clarify tha for me because Jermie is no slouch hes legit because I was wondering why Jeremy Hills over him? besides the fact that his brother was a top recruit and was a steady player woulda been a superstar at TE if not for injuries had to end up at OT
Calhoun was supposedly really high on UT so many fans were suprised/disappointed we weren't picking up THE stud back in Texas. But if there is one thing we can trust Mack Brown with...its recruiting.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott is going to Colorado
his uncle (Josh Smith) is the starting WR for Colorado

he'd be smart not to go to USC, or else he wont play till he junior year
if he goes to CU he'll be an immediate starter he'll have an average offensive line, and with Cody Hawkins, he could be pretty good

Scott is 100X the runningback Hugh Charles, and seeing the success Charles has had..... Scott could benefit
Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colorado's win today all but sealed it for Scott.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty much
and there are reports saying he has already given Dan Hawkins a verbal commit
Old 11-23-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't surprise me. He could be the recruit to get Colorado back in the right direction.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Mack Brown just offered Chris Whaley (RB 2009) which is very strange since we're still in the running for Scott and the fact that we NEVER offer juniors before junior days.

Not sure if this is any indication on our status w/ Scott, but losing to A&M and CU's comeback win over Nebraska didn't help our chances that's for sure.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Rockrule40
Rookie

Rockrule40 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My friend has a class with Josh Smith and when they were working on a project Darrel Scott called, and they talked for 30 min. Josh Smith and Darrel Scott talk every day. Anyways they asked Josh if Darrel was coming and he said with out a doubt. I'm not sure if it really went down like that, but I liked hearing that.

I was pretty surprised to hear that he named Colorado his top school even after we got killed by Mizzou. A game where I stood right behind him in the student section, and the only time it looked like he was having a good time was in the 1st quarter. He did however like my "Chase Daniel Eats Boogers" sign.
Rockrule40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Darrel is going to colorado, Id put money on it.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

hes the kind of player that could bring colorado to the next level
Old 12-31-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Texas, but think Colorado. He's a very good RB. Top Tier RB.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Here's what Darrell talked about in his chat on Rivals.com today:

-He says he liked his visit to Texas, and they are in his top 3.
-He says that Jamal Charles decision on going pro or not will affect his decision.
-He will announce on signing day.
-He says winning a NC is not important. He can go to a different school and make history himself.
-A good offensive line will influence his decision.
-He wants to play in an offense that can get him 20-25 carries a game.
-He says his fastest 40 ever was a 4.32 and he prefers to shake/stiff arm people.
-Depth chart is a factor.
-He'd rather win a NC than the Heisman.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jamaal Charles is a team-first guy, he'll go pro. :D
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

And guess what, Jamal Charles has declared.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3177593
Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Darrell Scott, widely considered the top-rated running back in the country, said Wednesday that Texas was one of four teams he’s considering.

What could be the deciding factor on whether the 6-foot-0, 204-pound athlete becomes a Longhorn?

“Really, it’s whether or not Jamaal Charles comes back,” Scott told the Austin American-Statesman prior to the news about Charles declaring for the NFL draft. “It will be big if he leaves. I don’t want to sit out my freshman year. I’m trying to hop in and make some chaos somewhere.”

The rumors are Scott has been Colorado lean, with Texas, Florida and LSU rounding out his four.

But Scott said the weather in Boulder, Colo., could be a factor.

“Man, it’s brutal up there,” he said. “They need to get some indoor facilities. I know it gets cold in Austin, but they just move indoors when that happens. I’m a warm-weather guy, and I really don’t like the cold.”

Scott, who is in San Antonio for the All-American game, said he plans on announcing his commitment on signing day (Feb. 6).

----------------

Sounds like a *****. CU has a 4* back coming in anyway so it's not like we are hurting there. If he wants to be a ***** and complain about the weather he can go to Texas...he would fit in perfectly.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote