Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-27-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully he goes to CU it will be a shame if he goes to Texas

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rockrule40
Rookie

Rockrule40 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
if scott doesnt want to play for CU it is his problem....
Cody Hawkins is going to be a very good Qb, Josh Smith (his cousin) is going to be a very good WR

if we doesnt want to play in the cold, then hes a sissy imo
Josh Smith is his uncle not his cousin
Rockrule40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"DENVER - FOX 31 Sports has learned through a reliable source close to the Colorado football program that it’s “unlikely” the Buffs will land prized recruit Darrell Scott.

Scott, who is widely considered the top high school running back in the country, is expected to choose Texas over Colorado.

This source told me tonight, “I won’t be shocked if he comes to Colorado, but I’m not expecting it. This source added, “If Scott doesn’t want to be a Buff, that’s fine with us. We’ll move on.”

The Buffs have tried to make a late push to get Scott, but it appears that Scott has made up his mind to join the Longhorns.

Scott’s assistant football coach, Roger Sonsini recently said that Texas is in the lead.

If Colorado doesn’t get Scott, many recruiting services still consider the Buffs to have a top-25 recruiting class led by locals Jon Major and Curtis Cunningham."

Pulled that from myfoxcolorado.com

Nice....

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
"DENVER - FOX 31 Sports has learned through a reliable source close to the Colorado football program that it’s “unlikely” the Buffs will land prized recruit Darrell Scott.

Scott, who is widely considered the top high school running back in the country, is expected to choose Texas over Colorado.

This source told me tonight, “I won’t be shocked if he comes to Colorado, but I’m not expecting it. This source added, “If Scott doesn’t want to be a Buff, that’s fine with us. We’ll move on.”

The Buffs have tried to make a late push to get Scott, but it appears that Scott has made up his mind to join the Longhorns.

Scott’s assistant football coach, Roger Sonsini recently said that Texas is in the lead.

If Colorado doesn’t get Scott, many recruiting services still consider the Buffs to have a top-25 recruiting class led by locals Jon Major and Curtis Cunningham."

Pulled that from myfoxcolorado.com

Nice....
that sucks to hear as a long time buffs fan but if he goes to texas best to luck with him but there's still tomorrow to make up his mind hopefully his Uncle can convince him somehow to go to Boulder

Old 02-05-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

w/e....
Colorado already already has a pretty good recruiting class...and is on the rise

to bad though
Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats good news since I already recruited him on my dynasty to Texas so id hate to see that go to nothing ;)

No but this is good news, is he going to sign a LOI on signing day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Late word is that he is leaning towards CU. Not sure where he'll end up, but this type of anticipation isn't good for UT historically.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3270996.story

Article published today about Scott, talks about the schools who were calling and who he's feeling, he said "he's got his mind made up" about where he's going and I really dont see anything that could of swayed him back towards Colorado at the very end...But we shall see in a few hours

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Rivals & Scout are predicting Scott to go to CU
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I really thought JC going pro was the deciding factor in him going to UT. Maybe not?
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Reading his parents had alot to do with his late swing to Colorado and they want him to go there...If its on the parents CU is probably his call, these things keep going back and forth ill just wait on his announcement, but starting at Texas might be too tempting for him to pass up

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with jamaal charles gone, i would think that texas would be the easy choice, but family ties can be just as strong, UT had 4 RB in the NFL last year
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Its official, he picked Colorado :(

best of luck to him out there

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOO HOO.....

Scott is coming to Colorado

Cody Hawkins, Josh Smith, Darrel Scott...... that is gonna be nasty
Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

im so glad he decided to go 2 CU, watch out Big XII North here we come

Old 02-06-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to most of the CU games this year but i don't really follow high school prospects, but if he is as talented as he is touted to be, then I am excited.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
hornjbob

The Big XII and NCAA have received a grievance claim regarding Darrell Scott and are expected to report that enough information exists to warrant an investigation. For all the CU fans that want to believe this is just all a bunch of sour grapes, I'm sorry to report that there is a lot to this story. I can't go into detail, but there were improprieties at the hands of Alexis Scott. I won't make claims, b/c I don't know squat about Darrell Scott, but recordings were made of a key call between Bobby Kennedy & Alexis Scott, in which she pretty much asked him to beat the best offer they'd received from Colorado. ,I have not heard the call, but I have seen the initial transcripts. After Kennedy refused to do any illegal recruiting, she sent him a text message, "thanx for everything. MOM" Two days later Darrell committed to Colorado. It should be noted, he committed to Texas on 1/23 & again on 1/31. The Major Applewhite hire occurred a week before he 1st committed. This story is just getting started and will be national news soon, Where theres smoke theirs fire, The thing is a Coach at Darrells high school knows information that hes not suppose to say but has recently opened his mouth, Darrells mom quickly tried to have a meeting with him, She knows she might have ruined his career already, The offer was supposedly a bank job paying 6 figures in boulder
Old 02-08-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

wow i hadnt heard anything about that, will be interesting to see how that unfolds
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Here is a link to what he's talking about:
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/200...ruiting-story/
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda good to see Scott go to Colorado as a College FB fan...helps even out the distribution of power. The Buffs might actually balance out the Big 12 for a change now.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornjbob View Post
The Big XII and NCAA have received a grievance claim regarding Darrell Scott and are expected to report that enough information exists to warrant an investigation. For all the CU fans that want to believe this is just all a bunch of sour grapes, I'm sorry to report that there is a lot to this story. I can't go into detail, but there were improprieties at the hands of Alexis Scott. I won't make claims, b/c I don't know squat about Darrell Scott, but recordings were made of a key call between Bobby Kennedy & Alexis Scott, in which she pretty much asked him to beat the best offer they'd received from Colorado. ,I have not heard the call, but I have seen the initial transcripts. After Kennedy refused to do any illegal recruiting, she sent him a text message, "thanx for everything. MOM" Two days later Darrell committed to Colorado. It should be noted, he committed to Texas on 1/23 & again on 1/31. The Major Applewhite hire occurred a week before he 1st committed. This story is just getting started and will be national news soon, Where theres smoke theirs fire, The thing is a Coach at Darrells high school knows information that hes not suppose to say but has recently opened his mouth, Darrells mom quickly tried to have a meeting with him, She knows she might have ruined his career already, The offer was supposedly a bank job paying 6 figures in boulder
You would hope CU would be smart enough not to be involved in a recruiting scandal. Not with its past and what's going on with other schools recently. For CU's sake, I hope this is untrue.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornjbob View Post

Justin Timberlake said it the best way

"Cry me a river"
Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

BufFan, these rumors have been out there since Scott committed. I even heard these rumors the day before NSD by a few west coast people, so they are not something drummed up as sour grapes by just Horn fans.

It's easy to say these things happen everywhere, but Hawk may have picked the wrong time and place to let this one happen.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the world of college recruiting folks!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I'll believe it when i see it