Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 10-28-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bears should wait till the 2nd or 3rd round and draft a conservative, play manager QB, a guy who wont throw 4 picks but wont throw 4 td's, a guy who wont lose it for them. I think this is many bears fans idea too. Am i right?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, ideally a QB in the first would be perfect, but with needs in the secondary and on the OLine, we might as well just stick it out one more year with Orton or Griese.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind seeing how Orton does before we go draft a QB. Orton has all the physical tools, but lets see if he can play a game and how he has progressed since his rookie season. But also, the QB stock coming out next year isnt so hot I believe, so if we are to go QB, I would go this year when there are quite a bit of decent QBs that could end up being good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing how Orton does before we go draft a QB. Orton has all the physical tools, but lets see if he can play a game and how he has progressed since his rookie season. But also, the QB stock coming out next year isnt so hot I believe, so if we are to go QB, I would go this year when there are quite a bit of decent QBs that could end up being good
Well it's obviously very early, but Tebow, Longshore, and Caldwell could all be 1st rounders next year.

But I agree....it's weaker.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well it's obviously very early, but Tebow, Longshore, and Caldwell could all be 1st rounders next year.

But I agree....it's weaker.
this class is very strong, but I agree you could have a swing at Orton before drafting someone, definately a first round O-lineman wouldn't hurt

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
The bears should wait till the 2nd or 3rd round and draft a conservative, play manager QB, a guy who wont throw 4 picks but wont throw 4 td's, a guy who wont lose it for them. I think this is many bears fans idea too. Am i right?
isn't that matt ryan as opposed to andre' woodson?

*shrugs*

i think we are sick of the gunslingers, power passers. i want a power running game, and good defense. we don't need another brody croyle, tavaris jackson, we need trent edwards, john beck, or just as much, kyle orton...

or if we're real lucky, we'll get a tom brady.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

*shrugs*

i think we are sick of the gunslingers, power passers. i want a power running game, and good defense. we don't need another brody croyle, tavaris jackson, we need trent edwards, john beck, or just as much, kyle orton...

that requires insane amounts of luck...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

*shrugs*

As I was watching the Pats game, the announcers brought up some good points about todays game as oppsed to the game of the 70's 80's and 90's. A running game is good to have, but now a days, you have to have a good passing attack to have a good offense. Now while the running game will open up the PA pass, and eat up time, a good QB and passing game is a must have in the NFL. Im happy with a strong running game, and a stout defense, but they both would have to be amazing w/ playmakers *aka Baltimore, and Steelers*.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I agree that it's a passing game nowadays, that doesn't mean we need a QB with a cannon. I'd rather have a quarterback that is smart than a quarterback with an amazing arm anyday.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Eh....I don't want to overeact too much here.

I mean...I really liked Todd Johnson, and Chris Harris is an ok player, but would I love having them start either? Not really.

Babich clearly seems overwhelmed right now, so I don't question that. But I'm not upset about letting Rivera go as he was basically pimping himself out during the last two playoffs. And I don't recall too many people here damning the move at the time.

Clearly we need to draft some youth on the line, but I wouldn't take back the Olsen pick at all. After that there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about. Ugoh at #37 would have been nice, but the trade down was a smart move.

Wolfe was a terrible pick, no argument there.

My biggest beef this offseason was two things, which I questioned at the time.

The Darwin Walker trade and signing made no sense. Why are we paying a backup DT this much money? It still makes no sense to me at all.

The other move was making Lovie a top 5 paid coach. I understand it's a move they had to make to save face, but he's an average coach at best.
That Bazuin pick was a waste to. I was praying for Brandon Jackson during that pick.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
That Bazuin pick was a waste to. I was praying for Brandon Jackson during that pick.
If Alex Brown is no longer with the team after this season it's not that bad.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think you guys should take a QB round one this year. This team is built to win now u need to go back to what they did when orton was in there and run the ball and make sure ur QB doesnt kill u. I think they need to adress their oline and secondary in the draft and bring in a veteran QB or Orton who they know wont throw picks like griese and grossman do. And just power the football with benson. This team is on the older side IMO and bringing in your future at QB in round one wont help them for a year or two
Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i dont think you guys should take a QB round one this year. This team is built to win now u need to go back to what they did when orton was in there and run the ball and make sure ur QB doesnt kill u. I think they need to adress their oline and secondary in the draft and bring in a veteran QB or Orton who they know wont throw picks like griese and grossman do. And just power the football with benson. This team is on the older side IMO and bringing in your future at QB in round one wont help them for a year or two
I would totally agree with you detoit4life but my faith in cedric benson is about the same as rex grossman and I'm being dead serious. At this point I think any of the key positions in rnd one would sound fine to me. We're in need of some serious help. Safety, QB, O-Line, DT, RB, CB depth....i'm beginning to lose my breath here..lol
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I would totally agree with you detoit4life but my faith in cedric benson is about the same as rex grossman and I'm being dead serious. At this point I think any of the key positions in rnd one would sound fine to me. We're in need of some serious help. Safety, QB, O-Line, DT, RB, CB depth....i'm beginning to lose my breath here..lol

DT and CB can be had in later rounds. If we use a 1st day pick on one of those 2 positions I would personally kill JA. Dvorchek just needs to be healthy, and he was starting before he got hurt. Otherwise we have Harris, Walker, Adams and Garay. IMO not bad (but I didnt see the last game, and may have seen that adams did terrible?). I think a bad decision was to let Ian Scott go, he was a very underrated player. As for CB depth, we have 3 very good CBs in Vash Till and RMan, beyond them we have some rookies. I dont think that we are that bad off in those 2 areas at all.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
DT and CB can be had in later rounds. If we use a 1st day pick on one of those 2 positions I would personally kill JA. Dvorchek just needs to be healthy, and he was starting before he got hurt. Otherwise we have Harris, Walker, Adams and Garay. IMO not bad (but I didnt see the last game, and may have seen that adams did terrible?). I think a bad decision was to let Ian Scott go, he was a very underrated player. As for CB depth, we have 3 very good CBs in Vash Till and RMan, beyond them we have some rookies. I dont think that we are that bad off in those 2 areas at all.
Ian Scott was cut by the Eagles, that has to tell you something... Anyway, DT is more of a 5th or 6th round need, 4th round at the earliest. Depth isn't our problem, staying healthy is. Adams has looked good in the games he has played in this season and Walker is more of a backup UT and situational pass rusher at DT. We need Dvoracek to stay healthy, and have Garay and a late round draft pick compete for the 5th spot. I don't know what the purpose is of drafting a DT first day when we already have 4 capable starting DT's and the DT we draft would likely be inactive, unless you are counting on an injury to occur, which would be idiotic to do anyway.

And I don't know why this guy consistently says CB is a need, it isn't! We have Tillman, Vasher, and Manning Jr under contract for a while now, and McBride has looked good for a 7th round rookie, and from what I saw of Graham, he looks like he could contribute as well someday.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

As far as quarterbacks go, when looking for someone who won't kill you, I like all of the big three, none of whom will probably be available in the second assuming we go line first, Ainge, maybe Dixon (depends on how he closes out the year + Senior Bowl), and maybe a late Chad Henne, but not Henne where he's projected to be taken. Next year I actually like Boeckman in maybe late first day if we address other needs in the first day this year.

As of right now, whichever left tackle we can get plus Ainge would make me happy.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote