Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-22-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
"You can have opinions, that seems fair, but when you start throwing in false information such as this.....it makes you look bad."

that a nice way to put it.

"I agree but.....

Joe Thomas was a rookie
Eric Steinbach was in his first year with the team
Hank Fraley was in his 2nd
Ryan Tucker had never played RG in his life
Kevin Shaffer was allways a LT before training camp and moved to RT"

you didn't do you homework. Tucker played RG for the RAMS his rookie season when he moved there when their RG got hurt.

"Your only argument is experience, but after the first game of the season the Browns entire OL only gave up 7 sacks. thats less than .5 per game. "

we gave up 19 the whole season. you already know that. six or seven came in the first game. Charlie Frye got sacked five or six times and DA got sacked once. The browns OL allowed 19 sacks the whole season, only 12 or 13 for the last 15 weeks. i have NO CLUE where your seven came from.

"Jake Long dominated everyone he faced in college.......except Gholston. So if there is such a thing as "owned" Gholston did it.

Weather you like it or not, when people think of Long and GHolston head to head, this is the only thing that matters........."

thats right, i forgot, if a rare physical specieman beats someone around the corner that benched the same reps as long did but is a hell of a lot faster, that makes one sack in 2 games "owned." i dont watch michigan games, but i watch the OSU/MICH games, and Gholston never "owned" long. he never bullrushed him. never game him a move. just blew by him on one play in one game.

"you complain way to much like the average american wife.

Your not one of those posters that goes crazy over a spelling error are you?"

this was towards J05son because we criticized you on your "forum etiquette". you do know he was the top person on this board to be the moderator right? you probably didn't look that up.

these are all direct quotes from DawgBone. In all of them you are either wrong on your facts or almost ignorant in you post. YOU my friend, are not always right. i've stated in my last post, try posting JUST what you think instead of trying to ridicule others for their post. some of which you've only made a fool of yourself by not knowing what your talking about.

i've never claimed to know more or less than anyone on this website, but i know when someone is wrong about something. these are die hard browns fans on this site, and they support anything that can improve this team on ANY level. these are people that were here BEFORE the 10-6 season.

i've only supported freddy's thought process on that schmitt guy because of his logic and his report ability to fill 2 roles. and regardless of where this guy lands, he'll probably be on the practice squad for a full year. plus, I'd have to say from everyone that posts in the browns part of this forum, Freddy probably knows the most about the draft prospects that could wind up in Cleveland.

your good at putting up to date information for the browns on this website, and i think i've even given you +rep before for your posts on that stuff. maybe, however, you should just stick to that copy and past stuff since all your other posts are either false information or subtly accusing someone else of being wrong and you being right.
What do you mean im not allways right? Do you know that I was a moderator an online website 9 years ago? Honestly! Your lucky, I almost numbchucked your ass.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"You can have opinions, that seems fair, but when you start throwing in false information such as this.....it makes you look bad."

that a nice way to put it.

"I agree but.....

Joe Thomas was a rookie
Eric Steinbach was in his first year with the team
Hank Fraley was in his 2nd
Ryan Tucker had never played RG in his life
Kevin Shaffer was allways a LT before training camp and moved to RT"

you didn't do you homework. Tucker played RG for the RAMS his rookie season when he moved there when their RG got hurt.

"Your only argument is experience, but after the first game of the season the Browns entire OL only gave up 7 sacks. thats less than .5 per game. "

we gave up 19 the whole season. you already know that. six or seven came in the first game. Charlie Frye got sacked five or six times and DA got sacked once. The browns OL allowed 19 sacks the whole season, only 12 or 13 for the last 15 weeks. i have NO CLUE where your seven came from.

"Jake Long dominated everyone he faced in college.......except Gholston. So if there is such a thing as "owned" Gholston did it.

Weather you like it or not, when people think of Long and GHolston head to head, this is the only thing that matters........."

thats right, i forgot, if a rare physical specieman beats someone around the corner that benched the same reps as long did but is a hell of a lot faster, that makes one sack in 2 games "owned." i dont watch michigan games, but i watch the OSU/MICH games, and Gholston never "owned" long. he never bullrushed him. never game him a move. just blew by him on one play in one game.

"you complain way to much like the average american wife.

Your not one of those posters that goes crazy over a spelling error are you?"

this was towards J05son because we criticized you on your "forum etiquette". you do know he was the top person on this board to be the moderator right? you probably didn't look that up.

these are all direct quotes from DawgBone. In all of them you are either wrong on your facts or almost ignorant in you post. YOU my friend, are not always right. i've stated in my last post, try posting JUST what you think instead of trying to ridicule others for their post. some of which you've only made a fool of yourself by not knowing what your talking about.

i've never claimed to know more or less than anyone on this website, but i know when someone is wrong about something. these are die hard browns fans on this site, and they support anything that can improve this team on ANY level. these are people that were here BEFORE the 10-6 season.

i've only supported freddy's thought process on that schmitt guy because of his logic and his report ability to fill 2 roles. and regardless of where this guy lands, he'll probably be on the practice squad for a full year. plus, I'd have to say from everyone that posts in the browns part of this forum, Freddy probably knows the most about the draft prospects that could wind up in Cleveland.

your good at putting up to date information for the browns on this website, and i think i've even given you +rep before for your posts on that stuff. maybe, however, you should just stick to that copy and past stuff since all your other posts are either false information or subtly accusing someone else of being wrong and you being right.
It's alright, I give him neg rep whenever I can...I had him in the red today but some idiot got him in the green...After I spread some rep around he'll be back in the red.

p.s. I wasn't top for moderator I was just nominated for Team Leader along with DChess and maybe BT. DChess is to mean and I'm not active enough and I don't know why BT wasn't chosen...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Does anyone know if we are still interested in Fabian Washington? I had heard this when the DeAngelo Hall rumors started. I'd like that trade, but I'd rather us give up a 5th this year and a 5th next year instead of our 4th rounder this year.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Does anyone know if we are still interested in Fabian Washington? I had heard this when the DeAngelo Hall rumors started. I'd like that trade, but I'd rather us give up a 5th this year and a 5th next year instead of our 4th rounder this year.
from what i know, there is still interest. It all depends on what Oakland wants for him.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Ruken

yea we neeed corner depth but I doubt we would be willing to give up many picks for him we need some this year
Old 03-23-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
yea we neeed corner depth but I doubt we would be willing to give up many picks for him we need some this year
The fact that we offered Benny Sapp a contract means were probably not going to give Oakland what they would want for Washington. Sapp would be a nickle CB, and not as good as Washington, but they would both most likely come in to play nickle so were directing towards a cheaper Sapp now.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
It's alright, I give him neg rep whenever I can...I had him in the red today but some idiot got him in the green...After I spread some rep around he'll be back in the red.

p.s. I wasn't top for moderator I was just nominated for Team Leader along with DChess and maybe BT. DChess is to mean and I'm not active enough and I don't know why BT wasn't chosen...
Makes you wonder why you didnt get it now right? I mean trying to spread negative rep is against board rules. But someone like you probably didnt even read them im guessing?

PS im reporting you with this quote because I dont think this is the reason Scott gave us the priviledge to rep people. And if I continue to get negative merited reps from you, then Im sure Scott will take action.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Makes you wonder why you didnt get it now right? I mean trying to spread negative rep is against board rules. But someone like you probably didnt even read them im guessing?

PS im reporting you with this quote because I dont think this is the reason Scott gave us the priviledge to rep people. And if I continue to get negative merited reps from you, then Im sure Scott will take action.
He doesn't mean spread around negative rep. You can't rep someone multiple times until you rep other people, positive or negative. Also if you want something done then you go to a mod. Not scott.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
He doesn't mean spread around negative rep. You can't rep someone multiple times until you rep other people, positive or negative. Also if you want something done then you go to a mod. Not scott.
Na it would be childish for me to report him. I just want him to get rid of vendetas he obviously has. But whatever he choses, just do it in a professional way.

While were in the Browns discussion thread I wanted to bring something up for our QB controversy that has nothing to do with actually throwing the ball.

Does anyone think the fact than Quinn has mass jersey sales and allready 3 nationally televised commersials will effect things in the near future? I mean fans want him, the media wants him etc....

I just have a feeling that this game is a buisness when it boils down to it, and Quinn brings it more than DA does off the field. If the competition is still close, wouldnt you go with the guy that not only cost less in the future, but produces the organization more money? He is so much more marketable than Anderson is. If you go to the Browns official web page or NFL.com they dont even sell DA jerseys, but the Quinn jerseys sell very well.

ALSO: Here are the top 10 plays of the years from the Browns. The official links are from clevelandbrowns.com main page.

on the cleveland browns official website, they had the top 10 plays of the year voted on by the fans. See the results.

Read it
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8286

or

Watch it
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/multi...er.php?id=4741
and
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/multi...er.php?id=4782

sorry if this was allready posted.

Also does anyone remember the article that quoted Kellen Winslow last offseason (2006-07) saying were in the process of designing a new uniform for the 09 Browns. He mentioned that the players were involved in the changes and they might add something simular to what the Broncos have. We were a team that just finishes 4-12 and had some horrible seasons leading up to 2007. There was a huge online petetion from fans asking to keep our traditional and historic uni's as apposed to new ones to help jump start a slumping franchise. I think that after a 10-6 season and hopefully a 2008 season that will build upon that, we have eliminated the chances of getting redesigned uni's in the near future.

original article with quotes from Kellen...
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/4212

AND FINALLY: Here is the scouting report from Scott of the MLB the Browns most recently are reported to have interest in in the draft....
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...bryankehl.html

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-23-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

I just need to chime in with something.

If people are really getting worked up about "rep" on a message board.....perhaps your priorities aren't exactly in order.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dawg View Post
I just need to chime in with something.

If people are really getting worked up about "rep" on a message board.....perhaps your priorities aren't exactly in order.
I dont think anyone really cares much about rep. But we do care about pride and reputation reflects that. When someone is throwing neg. rep around just to piss someone off then it is irresposible and they will be reported (especially after they admited it in a post) to management. Its just imature and theres no room for it with Browns fans. Maybe in a Steelers board.

and to clear it up

NEGATIVE REP = a bad or misinformed post. It lets someone know how respected a posters opinions or factual information are. If I see someone posting supposed factual information, but has 6 red bars, I will most likely discredit it until someone else backs it. And when posters throw neg. rep out to be a dick, it can ruin a very helpful asset this board has.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think anyone really cares much about rep. But we do care about pride and reputation reflects that. When someone is throwing neg. rep around just to piss someone off then it is irresposible and they will be reported (especially after they admited it in a post) to management. Its just imature and theres no room for it with Browns fans. Maybe in a Steelers board.

and to clear it up

NEGATIVE REP = a bad or misinformed post. It lets someone know how respected a posters opinions or factual information are. If I see someone posting supposed factual information, but has 6 red bars, I will most likely discredit it until someone else backs it. And when posters throw neg. rep out to be a dick, it can ruin a very helpful asset this board has.
When you cry about rep is when you get rep raped. I'm new here, your beyond new, I don't expect you to know but you can report me, P-L or Jbond are the admins and there are lots of mods... It's my rep I can do whatever I want with it.

When people cry about their rep like you are [and how HinesWardjr did] they get repraped and get negged by the high ranking members. Jbond repraped draftking from 4green to 2 red bars.

M.O.T.H. negged MoS weekly [in MoS's words].

Feel free to report me or neg rep me, like you said rep is rep but you sure feel the need to complain about it. One neg rep from DChess/Jbond and I'll bet you I'll be in the red.

P.S. rep doesn't always indicate quality posts...

Plus if you want reasoning for my neg reps to you then you can look at the start when you made 3 threads a day. You've stopped that but just belittle every person that posts and how they are wrong. We go from one troll to another every month in the Browns thread. From T-bra to KyleOrton to you. Congratulations on being the next ignorant dick that thinks he knows all and lays into the other members with their profound wisdom and know all and come to gloat on a message board. Guess you didn't make it as a scout or person "in the know". If you think you know football so well, go speak to toonster and you'll stfu and stop ripping people and saying everything they mention or hope we draft is incorrect and stupid.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone
What do you mean im not allways right? Do you know that I was a moderator an online website 9 years ago? Honestly! Your lucky, I almost numbchucked your ass.
Your last line as stupid as it sounds [and quote from a movie] is still threatening and can be an infraction. JSimmsy has an Infraction for a very similar quote...

Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

delete. double post

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-23-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

delete. same double post.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-23-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

[quote=DawgBone;966237]"Plus if you want reasoning for my neg reps to you then you can look at the start when you made 3 threads a day."

jO5son - I made 4 threads total, far from 3 a day.

Thread#1 - title
Shaun Rogers to Cleveland
do you honestly have a problem with this thread?
Thread#2 - title
Stallworth possibly a Brown soon
This thread is dedicated to the signing of Donte Stallworth because it was known he would sign with Cleveland but no links yet. I dont think anyone should argue the merit of this thread aswell.
Thread#3 - title
Red Hadnot visit
I agree this thread should have never been made, but he ended up signing. It was a mistake by me, but not one I should get harrassed about by you.
Thread#4 -title
Lito Sheppard trade
You can rip this trade rumor thread all you want, but then I will have to bring this thread you created back in your face.....

Trade Down News: (thread created by j05son)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...e=5&order=desc

AND dont ever critisize me for making threads when you created these two 2 days apart from each other.....care to explain?

INTERVIEW WITH ROB CHUDZINSKI
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=9478

Offical Browns Media and Interview thread...
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=9559

Is an "Interview with Chud" not a qualification for going in an "official browns media and interview thread" you also created within 2 days? So after doing research you should be the last person critisizing me over this kind of thing.

And since this is the "Browns discussion board" I would love to get back on topic by posting this solid article written today that gives Phil Savage props on his hard work.....
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...= 21848&rfi=6

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-24-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

[quote=DawgBone;966355]
Quote:
"Plus if you want reasoning for my neg reps to you then you can look at the start when you made 3 threads a day."

jO5son - I made 4 threads total, far from 3 a day.

Thread#1 - title
Shaun Rogers to Cleveland
do you honestly have a problem with this thread?
Thread#2 - title
Stallworth possibly a Brown soon
This thread is dedicated to the signing of Donte Stallworth because it was known he would sign with Cleveland but no links yet. I dont think anyone should argue the merit of this thread aswell.
Thread#3 - title
Red Hadnot visit
I agree this thread should have never been made, but he ended up signing. It was a mistake by me, but not one I should get harrassed about by you.
Thread#4 -title
Lito Sheppard trade
You can rip this trade rumor thread all you want, but then I will have to bring this thread you created back in your face.....

Trade Down News: (thread created by j05son)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...e=5&order=desc

AND dont ever critisize me for making threads when you created these two 2 days apart from each other.....care to explain?

INTERVIEW WITH ROB CHUDZINSKI
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=9478

Offical Browns Media and Interview thread...
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...e=3&order=desc

Is an "Interview with Chud" not a qualification for going in an "official browns media and interview thread" you also created within 2 days? So after doing research you should be the last person critisizing me over this kind of thing.

And since this is the "Browns discussion board" I would love to get back on topic by posting this solid article written today that gives Phil Savage props on his hard work.....
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...= 21848&rfi=6
Triple post for the win, not knowing the difference between a double post and a triple for the win, and not checking the time stamps for the win...Keep going DawgBone, keep going...

Last edited by j05son : 03-23-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

[quote=j05son;966479]
Quote:

Triple post for the win, not knowing the difference between a double post and a triple for the win, and not checking the time stamps for the win...Keep going DawgBone, keep going...
No I just went to edit my original post and it kept recreating it, computer error that I did my best to fix, dont dodge the main point. I think I deserve an explanation after having to deal with your rant. At least man up about it. Did you find my 3 threads a day?

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-24-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

solid Q&A with Tony Grossi from todays Cleveland Plain Dealer.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...our_cleve.html
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Ruken

Ok how about this whole thing is dropped and we get back to talking about the browns?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
twotondawg

I would just like to say that Jake Long has, in fact, been bull rushed by Vernon Gholston. It wasnt a sack but it was dang impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

I watch that vid and a smile is immediately on my face. Hope it does the same for everybody else. Muck Fichigan.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quentin Groves was brought in for a visit by the browns. Also, Shawn Crable's name has been thrown around alot in Berea.

the "insiders" seem to think that b/c of savages natural desire to pull triggers on trades, it wouldn't be surprising that if one of the potential LB's fell that savage do what he does best.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Quentin Groves was brought in for a visit by the browns. Also, Shawn Crable's name has been thrown around alot in Berea.

the "insiders" seem to think that b/c of savages natural desire to pull triggers on trades, it wouldn't be surprising that if one of the potential LB's fell that savage do what he does best.
Groves is my favorite OLB prospect. He had an off year because of a leg/foot injury. I think if he falls the slightest bit we should invest something in him.

Im still willing to trade DA on draft day for two of ATL's round2 picks and maybe a 3rd or 4rth.

We could trade the two RD2's for a later RD1 and draft Groves. Leaving us with a 3rd.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-24-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
barry
Rookie

barry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i didn't know groves was hurt. i've read rumors of minnesota offering their #1 pick for DA. if savage is really that high on groves, then i could see DA going to minnesota if groves is still on the board at #17 - which is a very real possibility given that long, gholston, merling & harvey are arguably ranked above groves.

IIRC crable is projected as a 2nd day pick at this point. if he or davis (ucla) are still available in the 4th round i'd like to see us grab one of those two, assuming we don't draft someone else higher. davis probably needs more work on his pass coverage though.
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

Quote:
Groves is my favorite OLB prospect. He had an off year because of a leg/foot injury. I think if he falls the slightest bit we should invest something in him.

Im still willing to trade DA on draft day for two of ATL's round2 picks and maybe a 3rd or 4rth.

We could trade the two RD2's for a later RD1 and draft Groves. Leaving us with a 3rd.
i like Groves alot too. he's the prototypical SAM LB in a 3-4 with great measurables and workouts.

P.S. ATL has no interest in DA at all. thats according to Adam Caplan, Barry McBride, John Taylor.. all the other "insiders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
i didn't know groves was hurt. i've read rumors of minnesota offering their #1 pick for DA. if savage is really that high on groves, then i could see DA going to minnesota if groves is still on the board at #17 - which is a very real possibility given that long, gholston, merling & harvey are arguably ranked above groves.

IIRC crable is projected as a 2nd day pick at this point. if he or davis (ucla) are still available in the 4th round i'd like to see us grab one of those two, assuming we don't draft someone else higher. davis probably needs more work on his pass coverage though.
minny is the one team that, according to my sources, hasn't lost interest in DA. BUT, people are still so sold on the fact that DA will get delt that they are still overlooking that fact that Savage has said that DA will be the starter next year. i know as well as everyone what savage does and what savage says and vary, but nothing will happen till draft day, possibly not till draft day of '09.

P.S. Crable is projected to go between rounds 2-3.

here the whole list of players that i know of that have come in for visits
RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina
WR Mario Urrutia, Louisville
DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
LB Beau Bell UNLV
LB Stanford Keglar, Purdue
S Josh Barrett Arizona State
CB Charles Godfrey, Iowa
*CB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky

*doesn't count against the 20 players allowing b/c of attendance of a local high school.

here's the links for this site for the more under the radar players.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco.../coryboyd.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...iourrutia.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ordkeglar.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...esgodfrey.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...aunmolden.html

Last edited by JSimmsy21 : 03-25-2008 at 12:43 PM.
JSimmsy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
i like Groves alot too. he's the prototypical SAM LB in a 3-4 with great measurables and workouts.

P.S. ATL has no interest in DA at all. thats according to Adam Caplan, Barry McBride, John Taylor.. all the other "insiders"

minny is the one team that, according to my sources, hasn't lost interest in DA. BUT, people are still so sold on the fact that DA will get delt that they are still overlooking that fact that Savage has said that DA will be the starter next year. i know as well as everyone what savage does and what savage says and vary, but nothing will happen till draft day, possibly not till draft day of '09.

P.S. Crable is projected to go between rounds 2-3.

here the whole list of players that i know of that have come in for visits
RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina
WR Mario Urrutia, Louisville
DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
LB Beau Bell UNLV
LB Stanford Keglar, Purdue
S Josh Barrett Arizona State
CB Charles Godfrey, Iowa
*CB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky

*doesn't count against the 20 players allowing b/c of attendance of a local high school.

here's the links for this site for the more under the radar players.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco.../coryboyd.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...iourrutia.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ordkeglar.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...esgodfrey.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...aunmolden.html

Nice work. I have allways thought ATL has to many needs to go after a QB right now. But the Vikings are a QB away from a playoff run. They have the great D and great run game. They got a WR the desperatly needed to tag with Sidney Rice. Everyone knows about the left side of their OL. They need a QB and maybe a TE to make a run.

Chris Speilmans brother is the GM of the Viks that makes all the calls and Chris has allready leaked some info. Even if it didnt happen yet or at all Chris should at least have a clue that it was discussed.

Ive heard very solid rumors that Minnesota offered their RD1 #17 for DA allready but Savage wasnt so quick to pull the trigger. Shortly after, we resigned DA, to a very tradeable contract that doesnt see a pay out until late April.

This sets up a trade for around draft time.

Phil is a smart guy and has looked at every scenario his cards can be played. If he made a trade for the #17 right now, the player he wants (there might only be one or two) might not last until pick 17. If and when a trade happens it wont be until the #17 pick comes up on draft day IMO so Phil can weight the options.

Back to the rumor......It was said that the Viks offered the #17, but Phil is sticking to his demand of an early to mid RD1 and RD3. The Viks werent willing to give their RD3 as of now.

It has also been said that numerous teams have offered their later RD1 picks for DA, but Phil doesnt think a later RD1 will get the player he wants and other teams would then use the pick to trade even higher in the draft (possibly giving DA to Baltimore).

I think with the evidence we have, Phil hasnt got what he wants but clearly wants something. Until all the pro days and personal workouts for the top rated QB's are through the teams interested in DA will not be clear on where they stand at the QB position. Phil also understood this and thats why he made DA's contract payout start late April. Phil is clearly willing to go into the 08 season with stability at the QB position for us Browns, but it should seem clear hes willing to take another risk after all the others he has taken in the last 2 years.

At the same time if a trade never happens DA will be the starter in 2008 and that is why Phil is saying such things in recent interviews. Even if he wants to attempt a trade, the worste thing he could do is make it look like there is a QB controversy. That would hurt DA's value.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-25-2008 at 01:43 PM.