Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 09-24-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Romeo Crennel once again proved why he is such a worthless tool. Althought I agree with the decision to start Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn this week the way Romeo refuses to give any reason as to why is pathetic because he simply doesn't ever have a reason. He can't make decisions. He's a worthless brain dead bafoon who is just a tool. A panel of Browns front office made this decision because Romeo doesn't know how, so it's time that front office stepped up and replaced the man with a real head coach that has balls and brains unlike this fat gutless chump.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Romeo Crennel once again proved why he is such a worthless tool. Althought I agree with the decision to start Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn this week the way Romeo refuses to give any reason as to why is pathetic because he simply doesn't ever have a reason. He can't make decisions. He's a worthless brain dead bafoon who is just a tool. A panel of Browns front office made this decision because Romeo doesn't know how, so it's time that front office stepped up and replaced the man with a real head coach that has balls and brains unlike this fat gutless chump.

You know if you could get off your ridiculous assessment of our coaches, people might actually take you seriously.
You haven't a clue about how our front office works or how good/bad a HC Crennel is. You don't win 10 games in the NFL if you cannot coach and with our defensive personnel, 10 wins was a real surprise to me and indicates that Crennel gets the most out of our personnel.
Your clamoring for miracles all the time is just stupid. We are not a complete football team as our defense certainly isn't complete and our schedule is brutal this season and so far a number of players are not having good seasons and we have minimal depth to replace starters who are injured. Sure Crennel may have to go if he cannot turn the team around and start winning a few games but he is a far cry from your ridiculous description. Your not reaching anybody when you cannot get beyond calling people names instead of critiquing their bad decisions.
I can tell that you have never coached in any type of league because otherwise you'd know that sometimes you have to stick with a player through hard times so when he comes out of it, he will be a lot tougher the next time something goes badly. That's how you build a player's confidence, if you just yank players every time they play badly, they will never develop into solid starters who have confidence in how they play. But you wouldn't understand that since you obviously think your right about everything.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Most out of his players? That is such hog wash. There is more talent on this team than they have shown for the last 4 years, yes even last year winning 10 games. A legit coach would have won more with that pathetic schedule. We have guys who can play that are not even seeing enough reps because he has his favorites.

His idea's are about a joke too. He says he's not blitzing to protect his young corners? Are you kidding me. The best protection they could ever have is a blitz. He's so worried about them getting beat deep he just lets them get destroyed underneath for 5-12 yards everytime.

He sounds like someone who rides the short bus anytime a reporter has an intellegent question. He gets all flusters and says well ya see then his fat lips mumble all over each other and he can never come up with a legit answer. He answers with a lower level of intellegence than the few local high school coaches I get to interview.

My view on Romeo Crennel has nothing to do with why people don't take me seriously. I talk plenty of football with plenty of football guys who know more about the sport than anyone on this board will ever know. People on this board don't take me seriously because I use this board as a place to vent. Ever dumb play, play call, transaction, interview, and anything else that annoys me about the Browns I get it out here. I can't do it where I work because its unprofessional, and although I'm sure some of the people I would with would get a kick out of it I would lose credibility. I can't take it out by yelling at the television like a lot of fans do because I have 2 little kids who are going to hear me. I have to do the mature thing there so they don't think its the right thing to do, and I leave the immature thing(ranting about it) for here where I don't care what anyone thinks. Everyone is intitled to some form of uncensored, no guidelines, get it all out venting and this message board is my place. Heck take out my name calling and cursing and you have Bruce Drennen who has a much better job than me and I'm sure off the air he's done his share of cusing and name calling.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good ole bruce drennen. He's not in jail anymore is he?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
good ole bruce drennen. He's not in jail anymore is he?
Obviously not being that he has his own sports talk show. I don't know if you're trying to say anything because you seem pretty nice compared to that other guy, but not paying taxes and venting on a message board really don't go hand in hand. I'm pretty sure I'm safe with the law.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i was just joking around. Don't get to see too much bruce drennen in south carolina except when I get the MLB extra innings free preview on directv the first couple weeks of baseball season when I watch the indians games broadcasted on STO.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

good news: we won
bad news: we suck. anderson sucks.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
good news: we won
bad news: we suck. anderson sucks.

even worse news: we plaed like garbage beating a garbage team with its backup QB and that is going to allow Anderson and Crennel to keep their jobs.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Ruken

Give DA a break ok yea he has played absolutley terrible but the rest of the team has done nothing to help him. We won a game and now have a bye its a good time to get healthy and ready to go. Im hoping DA gets back on track I guess we'll see in two mondays
Old 09-29-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You know, I would love to come over here and say, "Great Game", but it wasn't. It was a pathetic showing by Ohio's two NFL teams. At least you guys won, but if we came out on top, I wouldn't be any more happy about it than I was going into the game due to the way these teams played yesterday.

Good luck the rest of the way and we will see you guys in Cleveland. Hopefully one of these teams can figure out what the hell they are doing...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
Give DA a break ok yea he has played absolutley terrible but the rest of the team has done nothing to help him. We won a game and now have a bye its a good time to get healthy and ready to go. Im hoping DA gets back on track I guess we'll see in two mondays
it's not all on DA, the WRs have been not too good and the offensive line is not as good as last year for a couple reasons...mostly injuries but they aren't being physical enough and Fraley is getting to be too far over the hill. If the rest of the offense would step up it would help a lot but Anderson is making bad decisions, bad reads, and his deficiencies in the short passing game are getting worse and not better. I think he can turn it around, but the remaining schedule won't help that.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to think positive. We weren't a serious playoff team and winning 7 or 8 games wasn't going to be much help in the draft. We now stand an excellent chance to get a real impact player for our defense which should pay off come next season.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I like to think positive. We weren't a serious playoff team and winning 7 or 8 games wasn't going to be much help in the draft. We now stand an excellent chance to get a real impact player for our defense which should pay off come next season.
Funny, you are the ONLY Browns fans I have seen to make that comment. Most were thinking the Browns would be right there with the Steelers.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Funny, you are the ONLY Browns fans I have seen to make that comment. Most were thinking the Browns would be right there with the Steelers.
C>H probably thinks the same thing.

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was starting the next game.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
C>H probably thinks the same thing.

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was starting the next game.
Well I did actually think we were a playoff team, but only because I think Pittsburgh is overrated. They get every break in the book. I counted on us being an 8-8 team and beating Pittsburgh for the Division...only reason a playoff team. But yes I was saying 6-8 wins this year, not the 10-12 like everyone else.

I took soo many neg rep hits for that too. Well I'm the one laughing now because I'd rather be right than have gobs of rep.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

If our offense wasn't so terrible to start this year we probably would've been a playoff team, but now I don't think we'll win more than 5 or 6. Bad formula to start the season on offense: Stallworth and Jurevicius out, injuries on the offensive line, Anderson making mistakes he didn't even make last year when he played poorly, etc. We are a set of linebackers away on defense I think though.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

top 10 defense guys............

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
it'd be better if our O didnt blow.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

we're a good set of linebackers away from that ranking not being a fluke. We're close, but the offensive setbacks don't help.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good set of linebackers = another outside rush guy? Andra Davis, Leon, D'Qwell isn't amazing but it's good. Then Kamerion is good and Alex...is a 7th round pick playing well but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a mainstay.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Good set of linebackers = another outside rush guy? Andra Davis, Leon, D'Qwell isn't amazing but it's good. Then Kamerion is good and Alex...is a 7th round pick playing well but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a mainstay.
outside rushers in a 3-4 cant do anything if the NT and MLB's don't get a push, and right now only Rogers is doing anything. Jackson knows where the play is going, but he cannot get off blockers. Davis is slow. Williams is the most aggressive and the best at getting of blockers. good in coverage, but inconsistent.

i honestly think williams will be the best as he gains more experience. jackson just doesnt fit our system. and davis....well...we all know. he's good spot duty, but shouldn't be a starter.

its really hard to gage wimbley. his outside move really does work, almost every time. but 2 things have to happen.
(1) the secondary needs to cover better, longer.
(2) there needs to be more push in the middle.
Hall is promising. thats all. but he's shown a good burst, outside and bull rush move. especially for someone being as "lanky" as he is. should only get better with experience and 10-15 lbs. muscle.

we sorely need a ray lewis/james farrior type player. this upcoming draft thus far my draft board so far goes
1.Rey Mauluga
2.Tyson Jackson
3. Benie Wells

that is not considering what number draft pick and who all might declare.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
good set of LBs = two good ILBs and 2 good OLBs. Hall/Wimbley should be the weakside tandem not the starting left and right outside linebackers. No pass rush. We should have Wimbley on one side and a guy who can get 10 sacks on the other and Hall as the backup. Beau Bell might be one of the answers at ILB, but we need a difference maker and someone who can blitz up the middle at the other spot. Our defense would be pretty good if we had Dallas' linebackers.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
good set of LBs = two good ILBs and 2 good OLBs. Hall/Wimbley should be the weakside tandem not the starting left and right outside linebackers. No pass rush. We should have Wimbley on one side and a guy who can get 10 sacks on the other and Hall as the backup. Beau Bell might be one of the answers at ILB, but we need a difference maker and someone who can blitz up the middle at the other spot. Our defense would be pretty good if we had Dallas' linebackers.
When do Beau Bell and Martin Rucker get back from their injuries?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I think they're practicing now, they should be back sometime soon. The missed time will hurt more than anything, it doesn't seem like they'll be a big part of the offense/defense until towards the end of the season at least. I wish we'd at least get Bell in there on defense asap, we need to see what he can do right now for next year's evaluations of the roster.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
HUGH!

browns monday night game next. I am so excited.