Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 10-08-2008, 05:10 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

I think people need to start looking at HOW DA completes his passes, starting last season. Most of the times he makes a borderline terrible throw and Edwards or Winslow bail him out with a circus catch. The sheer amount of circus catches these two have put up last season is beyond imagination. One could have seen already last season, that he isn't the "real deal".....
The kid has an awesome arm and throws frozen ropes over 35 or more yards. The thing he lacks is accuracy and it begins to show, now that the receiving corps is depleted. Guys like steptoe will not draw any coverages, because defenses know that he won't come down with one of DAs throws that only elite receivers can catch.....

He is a good QB and i always love Big Armed QBs, but one has to question if DAs accuracy is on the NFL level......
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
I think people need to start looking at HOW DA completes his passes, starting last season. Most of the times he makes a borderline terrible throw and Edwards or Winslow bail him out with a circus catch. The sheer amount of circus catches these two have put up last season is beyond imagination. One could have seen already last season, that he isn't the "real deal".....
The kid has an awesome arm and throws frozen ropes over 35 or more yards. The thing he lacks is accuracy and it begins to show, now that the receiving corps is depleted. Guys like steptoe will not draw any coverages, because defenses know that he won't come down with one of DAs throws that only elite receivers can catch.....

He is a good QB and i always love Big Armed QBs, but one has to question if DAs accuracy is on the NFL level......
i've been saying that about DA's accuracy for some time now. but i was on the optimistic end of it untill recently. my beleif before about DA's poor second half of last year was that D's started to focus on him, and that was reason the JLew exploded in the later part of the season.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CherryGarcia510
Rookie

CherryGarcia510 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If DA plays like garbage on national tv monday during the 1st half, do you guys think Romeo has the balls to throw in Brady to start the 3rd?

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig
CherryGarcia510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heck yes, he almost did it two weeks ago after DA looked awful against Cincinnati. DA is on thin ice right now, our offense is last in the league.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see everyone picking on DA. Face it the whole offense has under performed this year. I think the early success last year went to their heads and they weren't ready mentally or physically when the season started.
I think the team is disappointed in what they have seen of Quinn in practice and if DA fails, we could be looking for a starting QB all over again and face it, they aren't usually productive for about 3 or 4 years. So if DA is indeed over the hill, we could be looking at another 3 or 4 years to get back to 10 wins.
We should all be praying that DA returns to form or we could be practically back to square one as a team Not a pretty picture IMO.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Are your butts lubed and ready for tonight? Mines all ready to go and I'll assume the position just before kickoff.

As ugly as things got against the most overrated team in the NFL(Dallas) how ugly to things get tonight on prime time in front of the whole country?

Heres to next year:

Sign:
Igor Olshansky DE
Lance Moore WR

Draft:
1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB Texas
2. Charles Scott RB LSU
*trade up*3. Xavier Fulton OT Illinois
6. Clay Matthews ULB USC

Brady Quinn provides better QB play
Scott and Harrison keep Lewis fresh
Stallworth healthy
Moore is better than Steptoe
Rucker ready to contribute
Hadnot moves back to Center
Tucker move back into the starting RG spot
Kevin Shaffer stays at RT while Fulton develops a year or two.
=better running attack & air attack = better offense = keeps out UNDERRATED defense off the field more

Igor Olshansky replaced Robaire(Achilles+Age+320=Slim change to be back)
Shaun Rogers do what Shaun Rogers do
Corey Smith a year under his belt in the 34
Wimbley, Hall and Rak much younger fresh and athletic legs and improve pass rush greatly
Bell will finally contribue and Jackson, Williams have played well minus some coverage flaws
Wright, Pool, Jones, McDonald are all playing well considering out pathetic pass rush and poor coaching(15 yard cushions)

All of this adds up to one thing...Playoffs
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many picks do you guys have in this draft?

All but your 3rd rounder?

I'm looking at the browns and honestly you have a good team.. atleast the structure of a good team..

And I might make some suggestions. If you're interested.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't remember exactly but I know we traded the third and at least another 2nd day pick (5th rounder if i'm not mistaken). We have a 1st and 2nd though and that's what's important (especially considering our 3rd round recent draft history).
Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IAC, are you a Lions fan or a browns fan? im confused?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
IAC, are you a Lions fan or a browns fan? im confused?
He's a fan of several teams, based on the places he lived in.

^^^short version.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

I'm looking at the browns and honestly you have a good team.. atleast the structure of a good team..

Dallas has our 3rd
Philadelphia has our 5th
Miami has our 7th

so our draft picks are...

1st
2nd
4th
6th

The 5th rounder was just plain stupid to give up on Savage's part. Moving up in round 6 for a 5th rounder is bad let alone Paul Hubbard knowingly being a huge project and on top of those two bad reasons not to do so he didn't even make the team...a team that is severely lacking at reciever right now mind you. Lnace Legget out performed him for crying out loud. The 3rd and 7th rounders were okay though as Rucker was a steal and hopefully he shows it in time. Travis Daniels was severely needed depth and he's waaaay better than Cousin so Crennel needs to get his old timer loving ego incheck and get Daniels on the field more than Cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
These stupid mistakes are getting old. Illegal formations and false starts are all mental as well as not being able to get organized after a 70 yard play. It is pathetic and a reflection of leadership and decipline...decipline a head coach is suppose to enforce.

Derek Anderson still can't throw under 20 yards to save his life.
Quote:
Forget firing this idiot just put a bullet in his head for his complete lack of discipline and lack of holding people accountable. This is a joke. Its been a joke for the last 3-4 years.
Quote:
Lets see we're blitzing the dog piss out of them all night and it's worked all night. So we go to this rush 3 and 4 guys and they drive right down the field. Idiots!
Quote:
With the offense finally waking up and the defense playing well all year we can still turn it around and make a run the playoffs. Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati aren't that great.
---Edited by j05son---
Please use the edit key if your going to post multiple times one after another, it could lead to an infraction and doing so is just courteous to the other posters.

Quote:
11. Do not make posts for the sole or hidden purpose of building post counts

a) So that cute little "Count to 100" thread you wanted to start? Don't bother.
b) Almost every user here has built their post count in a meaningful way, and almost every one of them will tell you how unimportant the number is.
c) Don't create a thread simply to say you're at 500, 1000, 5000, whatever posts. Again, it's ridiculous. I don't care. No one cares.

Last edited by j05son : 10-14-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
With the offense finally waking up and the defense playing well all year we can still turn it around and make a run the playoffs. Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati aren't that great.
Wow, you were so quick to dismiss this team, crucify DA and Crennel. Now look, one game, and so quick to jump back on the bandwagon.

Remember, never as good as you are on your best day, never as bad as on your worst.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

We have 1, 2, 4, 6.

We traded the third rounder to Dallas for the right to pick Rucker in the 4th round of last year.

We traded the 5th to Philly for the right to pick Hubbard in the 6th round of last year.

We traded the 7th to Miami for Daniels.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Wow, you were so quick to dismiss this team, crucify DA and Crennel. Now look, one game, and so quick to jump back on the bandwagon.

Remember, never as good as you are on your best day, never as bad as on your worst.
Still don't like Romeo's lack of leadership, discipline, and accountability

Still don't like Derek Anderson's inaccuracy and inability to be effective under the slightest of pass rush.

I had the team going 7-9 with a loss to the Giants. Forgive me for expecting the best team in the NFL to destroy us last night. Its not like we've showed a single glimpse of hope in the previous 4 games. With the upset win lastnight I still don't see this team winning more than 8, but 8-8 is a record that could win the division(Pittsburgh's lucky breaks will end sometime and week 17 is crucial).
Old 10-14-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win guys. I believe it was I who said a couple weeks ago that Eric Wright was one of the premiere corners in the NFL. The kid was absolutely shut down last night in addition to his pick 6. I would anticipate that the Browns would line him up across Moss next weekend?

Anyway, big ups on the win. Browns have always been my favorite AFC team so its nice when you guys come beat an NFC East rival.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

that game was righteous, almost everyone had a good night. it's fun beating the best team in the NFL on mnf at home. special shoutout to DA, Edwards, Tucker, wright, mcdonald, rogers, and the harrison, although many more played just as well as those few.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Stallworth do anything in your offense? I have him in FF and I haven't been able to catch any Browns games I just see his crappy stat line and injury every week.

BTW Browns are my 2nd favorite team. Go Corey Williams, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow!

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
barry
Rookie

barry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
that game was righteous, almost everyone had a good night. it's fun beating the best team in the NFL on mnf at home. special shoutout to DA, Edwards, Tucker, wright, mcdonald, rogers, and the harrison, although many more played just as well as those few.
it'd be nice to be able to say the difference was either:

1) manning had a bad game (not looking off toomer on that pick is a rookie kind of mistake) OR

2) burress showed some rust and ran some bad routes OR (on the plus side)

3) tucker's defensive scheme changing fronts AND showing more blitzes really confused manning OR

4) not having winslow made our offense a lot less predictable - let's face it, winslow can't (or won't) block his way out of a wet paper bag - whenever there's a double TE set, everybody knows winslow is going to get the pass while the other TE blocks. heiden and dinkins combined for 6 competions, 81 yds & a TD while edwards did the heavy lifting.

while in reality it was probably some combination which included factors we had no control over. but we should look at:

- the number of offensive penalties, which i would ascribe to: coordinating the motion in chud's complicated scheme and hadnot and ryan tucker not playing together on the line. time & reps *should* address that.

- we won without winslow (and the giants won last year's SB without shockey). as talented as KW2 is, is he better off as a slot receiver?

- harrison was in for maybe 5-6 plays but touched the ball 4 times. he must have still have some serious deficiencies in picking up the blitz, but all wright does is chip a guy and wait in the flat as a dump off option.

- exactly how much credit should go to tucker's defensive scheme which held the giants to 14 points?
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think people really get how much the Browns dominated by just watching, although they looked great...looking at the stats post game I really was impressed. No punts, no turnovers, no turnovers on downs on offense, no sacks is ridiculous. They ran for 150 yards and passed for 300 more, as balanced as you can get. Whereas the defense forced 2 punts, 3 picks and a turnover on downs.

The offensive line was completely dominant.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Ryan Tucker is easily our best offensive lineman. He was last season too. I actually read an article someone wrote about it too. Don't get it twisted just because Joe Thomas was #3 overall and a great rookie, or Eric Steinbach is a prove pro bowl guard Ryan Tucker is the real deal. I wish he wasn't so far up there in age.

Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald have played like studs all year and with Pool back healthy soon to be Sean Jones back as well I really don't get why all the Browns fans in the world and mocksters keep giving the Browns a round 1 corner. We need a NICKLE corner. You don't draft a NICKLE corner in the first. Daven Holly would actually be a huge upgrade over Terry Cusions.

Our defense has been great all year, but the offense has had them trapped on the field for far too long making it harder to get stops as the game goes on. I think Beau Bell can be the thumper we need to complete the ILB rotation. I don't like D'Qwell's physical game or even coverage skills but he knows where to be and at least slows offensive guys down(more than a lot of defenders in the league can say)

I do have 2 negative things to say though

1) Romeo Crennel is a horrible leader and disciplinarian. He needs to start holding these plays accountable for their stupidity and lack of concentration starting with practice and even games. Rex Hadnot jumps then sit him for series. If Romeo can eliminate our mental errors by being and enforcer instead of 'players coach' aka a push over we'll win a lot of games and he'll have a job for a long time.

2) Kamerion Wimbley is going to be our future situational pass rusher. He's horrible against the run. Seems he's always out of position. Not very great in coverage and not even a great pass rushing threat. Romeo wanted to harp on Alex Hall for blown assignments against the run the last few weeks, but he's easily been our best run stopping linebacker since preseason(Willie's been out). We need to draft a 34 OLB regardless as you always need at least 3 good ones and Willie is retiring so I'm just hear to warn you ahead of time the 34 OLB we do draft and Alex Hall, not Wimbley will be our starting backers and Wimbley the 3rd rusher.

Actually I don't think thats too negative as both fixable and everyone knows we need another 34 OLB so if Wimbley is the 3rd guy then we're that much better.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

wimbley is a better rusher than hall, but hall gets in on 3rd downs and gets less attention/no double teams and doesn't have to go against left tackle like wimbley. at this point we're doing the best we can with our personnel at OLB, we need another good pass rusher out there and I think that will help out kamerion. He's not shawne merriman or demarcus ware where he can get 10 sacks, he needs another great pass rusher across from him so his deficiencies can be made up for.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
wimbley is a better rusher than hall, but hall gets in on 3rd downs and gets less attention/no double teams and doesn't have to go against left tackle like wimbley. at this point we're doing the best we can with our personnel at OLB, we need another good pass rusher out there and I think that will help out kamerion. He's not shawne merriman or demarcus ware where he can get 10 sacks, he needs another great pass rusher across from him so his deficiencies can be made up for.
Say what you want, but when it comes down to it Wimbley will be the lesser player to Alex Hall in the long run. Alex Hall has developed more and faster in 1/4 of season than Wimbley has in 2 1/4 seasons.

I don't fall in love with individual players like most fans. I love the TEAM The Cleveland Browns I don't care about Braylon, Brady, Wimbley, Wright or Winslow. I want the best TEAM on the field and when we draft another OLB the best on the field will not include Wimbley as a starter.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still don't like Romeo's lack of leadership, discipline, and accountability

Still don't like Derek Anderson's inaccuracy and inability to be effective under the slightest of pass rush.

I had the team going 7-9 with a loss to the Giants. Forgive me for expecting the best team in the NFL to destroy us last night. Its not like we've showed a single glimpse of hope in the previous 4 games. With the upset win lastnight I still don't see this team winning more than 8, but 8-8 is a record that could win the division(Pittsburgh's lucky breaks will end sometime and week 17 is crucial).
Your dreaming with those win totals. Our schedule is downright scary and there aren't too many sure wins on it.
As for the Giants' win, it was a trap game for them. They though we would be a pushover and we were fired up to beat them. Games like this often lead to upsets but do not indicate that our team can maintain that kind of play. Washington and Jacksonville will be studying film on the Giants' game and won't be taking us for granted when we play them on the road in our next 2 games. They are almost sure losses. Just take a look at the rest of our schedule there are very few easy games and six of our toughest are away.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Your dreaming with those win totals. Our schedule is downright scary and there aren't too many sure wins on it.
As for the Giants' win, it was a trap game for them. They though we would be a pushover and we were fired up to beat them. Games like this often lead to upsets but do not indicate that our team can maintain that kind of play. Washington and Jacksonville will be studying film on the Giants' game and won't be taking us for granted when we play them on the road in our next 2 games. They are almost sure losses. Just take a look at the rest of our schedule there are very few easy games and six of our toughest are away.
Its a two way street buddy. You say there are no easy wins, but then you act like its an easy win for any team playing the Browns...infact you already have Jacksonville and Washington marked down as two easy wins for them. Hypocritical and Pessimistic?

I believe we can come out of the next two weeks 1-1 leaving us a 3-4

Buffalo, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Philadelphia are all very winnable games and Tennessee & Indianapolis can very easily slip up just like the Giants. Obviously we won't win all 9 of those games or all 7 of the winnable games, but to think we can't win 5 of the 7 winnable games or 5 of the 9 total is a very poor attitude to have. We have a good football team we just came out of the gates slow and mental errors and lack of coaching have killed us. Chud was playing too close to the vest the first 4 games and now that the team is backed into a corner he's been forced to open up the game plan again.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Washington, maybe. Jacksonville hasn't been that much better than us this yer.