Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another great game. [/sarcasm]

I don't know if it was the play calling or Derek Anderson, but that consecutive streak of I don't know how many 3 and outs is unacceptable in this level.

The running game was absent [I know it was Baltimore, but more absent then it should have been].

Edwards drops 2 more this game, one will score or put us in the redzone to score.

Our front 7 allows so many screens, and medium level runs that gives Baltimore better and better field positioning. I'm sick of seeing 3rd and 8 for our offense, and 2nd and 3 all day from theirs.

I think we have a promising secondary, but McDonald got burnt early, Wright made a few mistakes that were VERY costly and I don't know if Jones even had a tackle.

Hey, at least Cribbs played well =[

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For someone so big and credited or being so bruising watching Jamal Lewis his entire career I can say he is an awful goal line back. He has never hit a hole hard in his life and is more content with chopping and shuffling his feet 5 yards deep like he's about to juke someone out. Honestly Harrison and Wright I think would be better options. They always give Jamal credit for "softening" defenses but to me he is far too indecisive and despite his size he isn't nearly as punishing as we are made to believe. Unlike a guy like Stephen Davis who always fell forward 4 yards or so Jamal Lewis goes down way to easy. He is content with just running into a pile, chopping his feet in place, and sitting down. Obviously I am not a Browns fan but that is just the way I see it. Would like to know your guys input on it. I think Cleveland would benefit greatly by drafting a stud RB like Knowshon Moreno or obviously ideally home kid Chris Wells to grow with Brady Quinn or sign someone via free agency.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per NFL Live Brady Quinn is gonna start Thursday against Denver.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Per NFL Live Brady Quinn is gonna start Thursday against Denver.
What a great day. Brady gets the nod and Jurevicius will be back for '09.

What a day.

=]

Old 11-04-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Brady looks good against Denver for his confidence. No Champ Bailey and a pretty lousy Broncos defensive unit should be ripe for the picking if Braylon and Kellen show up.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did you guys like the way quinn was playing, I was a huge fan of him in college. I really liked him in the bit of the game i saw. But I am biased of course.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quinn looked great. I've never seen a Browns or Buckeyes QB in my lifetime of watching football throw better short passes. I like how he made things happen when there was nothing there - big difference between he and Anderson other than the whole accuracy thing.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any reason you guys are still starting McDonald?? He has looked pathetic to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

he's looked really good at times too. We would be better off putting him at nickel. I think he'd be a very above average nickelback. You need three good corners in today's NFL anymore, and we only have 2 good enough to start.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he's looked really good at times too. We would be better off putting him at nickel. I think he'd be a very above average nickelback. You need three good corners in today's NFL anymore, and we only have 2 good enough to start.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

As of right now, I am all for Jenkins, i think we need LBers but we need McDonald to be a nickel and Jenkins may be the best corner to come out in [insert number] years. I am more excited about the offseason then the rest of the regular season. How sad.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

we will probably be picking in the sweet spot of the first round for getting linebackers, runningbacks, or cornerbacks too. If you need a tackle, quarterback, or elite WR usually that's top 5 or top 10. We'll be somewhere between 8th and 14th probably and that's where great linebackers get picked.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe it has to be an OLB who can rush the passer. A CB would be #2 but I wouldn't touch Jenkins unless it was in the 11 to 14 range.
I don't think we can exclude RB either. Lewis is slowing up noticably and could be useless next year. A MLB like Maualuga wouldn't hurt.

1) OLB - need a pass rusher
2) RB - cannot afford to let Lewis age without a replacement in hand
3) CB - cannot fix everything at once and effective RB's are easier to find in round 2
4) WR - just not as important as the other 3 positions
Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

yeah, I'd add to that probably an enforcer at ILB too. Secondary concerns might be a long term future replacement at right guard and center as well as DE, but there isn't any hurry to find those this offseason at all really.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, I'd add to that probably an enforcer at ILB too. Secondary concerns might be a long term future replacement at right guard and center as well as DE, but there isn't any hurry to find those this offseason at all really.
I agree, we need a really tough guy in the middle but a pass rusher must come 1st.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://cowher09.com/index.html

sign it!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

=[

new coach means new staff.

new staff means new playbooks.

=[

Romeo isn't the problem man. It's the team. The last thing I can say that Romeo has done that was like WTF?! was the Pittsburgh game.

It's like our HS basketball team. We were bad but it wasn't Costello's fault. It was the team's fault. Costello was just the scapegoat.

We all know Romeo came in this with nothing and there's still a lot of question marks on this team still. We aren't in a place where we can be considered a favorite.

We have a QB with 1 full game under his belt currently, a RB that has a lot of tread on tire who is doing much worse than advertised [remember TC and preseason when they said Jamal was in the best shape of his life] it's not really working for him. Braylon can't catch a cold, Stallworth stepped on a crack and broke his back before every game, JJ is on his 7th knee surgery, Steptoe [seriously?]. Winslow has been more of a distraction than anything else. We've had injuries and shuffling along the O-Line and it's not been as consistent as we would want it to be.

Defensively, our D-Line seems to be doing much much better. Rogers is definitely a beast and I love how many knock downs Williams gets. We just need another presence somewhere in LB that can get after the QB. Wimbley was suppose to be that double digit sack machine, now it looks like we should've grabbed Ngata instead. Secondary we have 2 young and raw corners who have been playing above what anyone really thought they would. Jones imo has been the let down. It was Jones who wasn't lined up properly against that 90something yard 1 play TD against Denver.

The season seriously isn't because of Romeo. It's that we over performed last season and were marketed something that didn't go as planned.

Look at all the holes we've mentioned, RB, WR, DL depth, OLB [sack machine], OLB [stout run stopper for strong side], ILB [the enforcer type], a starting CB [move McDonald to nickel], etc...

That's way to many holes for a team to be competitive. It's not all on Romeo. There's only so much he can do. Against Pitt I agree he had some questionable calls [I even tried defending him] but this season isn't because of him.

You don't come into a team that has x amount of original players [btw, most of them seem to be on special teams] and can win at this level of play.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
=[

new coach means new staff.

new staff means new playbooks.

=[

Romeo isn't the problem man. It's the team. The last thing I can say that Romeo has done that was like WTF?! was the Pittsburgh game.

It's like our HS basketball team. We were bad but it wasn't Costello's fault. It was the team's fault. Costello was just the scapegoat.

We all know Romeo came in this with nothing and there's still a lot of question marks on this team still. We aren't in a place where we can be considered a favorite.

We have a QB with 1 full game under his belt currently, a RB that has a lot of tread on tire who is doing much worse than advertised [remember TC and preseason when they said Jamal was in the best shape of his life] it's not really working for him. Braylon can't catch a cold, Stallworth stepped on a crack and broke his back before every game, JJ is on his 7th knee surgery, Steptoe [seriously?]. Winslow has been more of a distraction than anything else. We've had injuries and shuffling along the O-Line and it's not been as consistent as we would want it to be.

Defensively, our D-Line seems to be doing much much better. Rogers is definitely a beast and I love how many knock downs Williams gets. We just need another presence somewhere in LB that can get after the QB. Wimbley was suppose to be that double digit sack machine, now it looks like we should've grabbed Ngata instead. Secondary we have 2 young and raw corners who have been playing above what anyone really thought they would. Jones imo has been the let down. It was Jones who wasn't lined up properly against that 90something yard 1 play TD against Denver.

The season seriously isn't because of Romeo. It's that we over performed last season and were marketed something that didn't go as planned.

Look at all the holes we've mentioned, RB, WR, DL depth, OLB [sack machine], OLB [stout run stopper for strong side], ILB [the enforcer type], a starting CB [move McDonald to nickel], etc...

That's way to many holes for a team to be competitive. It's not all on Romeo. There's only so much he can do. Against Pitt I agree he had some questionable calls [I even tried defending him] but this season isn't because of him.

You don't come into a team that has x amount of original players [btw, most of them seem to be on special teams] and can win at this level of play.

I agree 1000%. We are still a draft or 2 away from having a real shot at the SB.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Every week we get outcoached, I'm tired of it. It's not all Romeo's fault we are bad but he's part of the problem. Bring in a new coach, a motivator who knows Xs and Os and can be a hard ass on guys like Braylon and Winslow. No more fluff, all the good coaches aren't player's coaches, they're guys like Parcells, Bellicheck, Coughlin, etc. Even if we brought in a no good coach was exactly the same as Crennel but had a clue how to do clock management we'd be better off.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I want an enforcer at MLB more and more every game I watch.

7 guys around Lynch and he scores a TD.

How about Davis and Williams missing tackles within the 2 min warning allowing Buffalo to move further and further down the field.

I am impressed with Brady Quinn's thus far.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Browns fan, but everytime I see Jerome Harrison I'm impressed. Why doesn't he get more touches?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not a Browns fan, but everytime I see Jerome Harrison I'm impressed. Why doesn't he get more touches?
He can't pick up the blitz or block to save his life. He's a better runner then Wright is, but Wright does all the little things you need when your RB doesn't get the carry.

EDIT:

Love the win, maybe this will quite you Romeo haters. How about that Romeo clock management...

Also, not Quinn's best to finish out that last drive, but so far, I'm impressed with what he's shown. Definitely a good decision to make the switch.

Last edited by j05son : 11-17-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: preventing a double post.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I really like is that Brady Quinn hasn't turned it over yet (Even though he was quite close twice tonight.)
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

clock management was lousy, we left them nearly 2 minutes to get a field goal, we should've run it once so our FG wasn't 56 yards and so there was only about minute left instead of 2. THat was almost the washington game all over for a second. The squib kick gave them the ball near midfield so after that one pass it was basically a win for Buffalo. Crennel got really lucky that Lindell missed a manageable field goal to save his butt. We won in spite of his mistakes, no doubt about that.

I love how everyone all week in Brownsland was crying for more Harrison, and while we didn't really get much more Jerome than usual, we got a few huge plays from him. I'd like to see him get 10 touches a game - he's not an everydown guy and he won't do much between the tackles, but he can get some yards in a hurry.

Quinn's stats weren't good, but he looked pretty good out there against a tough D on a cold, windy night. Let's beat Houston at home and get closer to .500.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I want an enforcer at MLB more and more every game I watch.

7 guys around Lynch and he scores a TD.

How about Davis and Williams missing tackles within the 2 min warning allowing Buffalo to move further and further down the field.

I am impressed with Brady Quinn's thus far.
same here. my stomach twists in knots every time i see Dra hit the wrong hole and make no effort to backtrack. i really thought this would have been Williams year, but he's regressed. Big time.

i was almost on the Orakpo bandwagon for a while, and liking jasper brinkley in like the 3rd or 4th, but i'm all over Maualuga again.

Quinn did OK, at best. he was very poised in the pocket despite Buffalo bringing the house that many times. he actually avoided a few sacks by moving around, something we're not used to seeing. his throws outside the numbers were terrible. And there's that little problem with Beasy dropping everything. that doesn't help at all. but overall for a night as cold as it was, he did ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm still wondering why he isn't starting. or at least getting as many carries as Lewis. Harrison had 80 yards to three carries. Even if you take away the 72 yarder, thats a four YPC average. Which is better than Lewis.

Quote:
He can't pick up the blitz or block to save his life. He's a better runner then Wright is, but Wright does all the little things you need when your RB doesn't get the carry.

EDIT:

Love the win, maybe this will quite you Romeo haters. How about that Romeo clock management...

Also, not Quinn's best to finish out that last drive, but so far, I'm impressed with what he's shown. Definitely a good decision to make the switch.
thats what Wright is for, but last night he did a pretty lousy job of blocking. i don't understand why we never once ran a screen pass! they blitz, we beat it. isn't that common football knowledge??

I'm still a Romeo hater. Keylime is right, our last drive for the 56 yarder shouldn't have played out like that. Buffalo only had one time out. even if we didn't get the first, it would have taken a lot of extra time off the clock.

Keylime- we had to kick that last squib. they were killing us on returns all night. if they returned that kick, it would have been game over.

side note i'm bring up the Cowher moving to Cleveland rumor again. i was talking to one of my friends the other day. Well her parents, whom live in Strongsville, informed her that Cowher was looking at buying a house two houses down from them. as of now there was no sale. Food for thought, take it for what its worth.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

when you're up by only three with nearly 2 minutes left you give it to them near their own 45 you must be crazy. If you don't think your coverage team can stop them from moving it up near the 40 yard line you might as well kick it Out of bounds. They would have been better off kicking it deep and taking their chances, too much time on the clock and they only were moving the ball with their runningbacks. One pass they were in FG range. We are extremely lucky to be 4-6 and not 3-7 after that.