Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
I'll be rooting for the Eagles for one reason. Mcnabb takes way too much crap all the time and he deserves a championship.

Anyways, I read about the interview a couple minutes ago. And you are correct, I would be expecting him to be hired pretty much as soon as Baltimore loses.
I used to think the same thing towards McNabb. Ever since he made that comment about black QB's take more heat that whites do, though, I lost a lot of respect for him. He just got an excuse for everything.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Flippityskip91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
I used to think the same thing towards McNabb. Ever since he made that comment about black QB's take more heat that whites do, though, I lost a lot of respect for him. He just got an excuse for everything.
Ah well, I don't really care about that whole black/white thing. I mean, if that's an issue to him then that's really too bad. Still think he deserves to win the big one before he's done.
Flippityskip91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we added Bryan Cox as our DLine coach... we appear to be headed for a psychotic defensive coaching staff with Ryan and Cox so far.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
so we added Bryan Cox as our DLine coach... we appear to be headed for a psychotic defensive coaching staff with Ryan and Cox so far.
I feel like I should know who that is but I'm drawing a blank. Would you care to refresh my seemingly nonexistant memory?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
I feel like I should know who that is but I'm drawing a blank. Would you care to refresh my seemingly nonexistant memory?
Bryan Cox is most famous for flicking everyone off in Ralph Wilson stadium with both hands.

He received a good number of fines throughout his NFL career.

He was a Bill Belichick player. He wasn't flashy... he just liked to hit people.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 AM    (permalink
CantStopGregJones
Rookie

CantStopGregJones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is hands down the best coaching staff Cleveland has had since coming back into the leauge. We've always had garbage coordinators and even more pathetic position coaches...now its changing hahaha
CantStopGregJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
This is hands down the best coaching staff Cleveland has had since coming back into the leauge. We've always had garbage coordinators and even more pathetic position coaches...now its changing hahaha
Agreed. No hiring has really struck me as bad. Now lets hope they don't screw it up with a bad GM.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key is all the experience. Mangini is coming off a head coaching job and is bringing a lot of his people with him in new york and from his new england days. I like the Rob Ryan hire a lot, he and Eric are gonna turn around the defense IMO.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Just read something from the canton repository, via rotoworld, about Mangini. It basically said that he's Napolean, he's ostracized Rogers, and everyone in Cleveland in miserable. That's the basic run-down. I don't know if it's true obviously, but I'll just say I hope it's not. The last thing we need is for our best player to get pissed.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

First, the guy who wrote it is a Ravens reporter I'm told

Second, how can anyone make any lasting judgements already as at least 90% of the players are on vacation or whatever
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Quote:
First, the guy who wrote it is a Ravens reporter I'm told

Second, how can anyone make any lasting judgements already as at least 90% of the players are on vacation or whatever
So pretty much it's just bad press trying to spread dissent among fans? Very well could be. I was just putting it up here because I don't know what anyone else has heard on here.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

I suppose if he's right, as long as Mangini doesn't try to invade Russia, especially in winter, the Browns should do just fine
Old 02-03-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Quote:
I suppose if he's right, as long as Mangini doesn't try to invade Russia, especially in winter, the Browns should do just fine
We have enough trouble invading opposing teams backfields. I don't really think we'd get close to Russia if we tried. I'm sure it'll turn out okay
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the NFL subforum encase some of you missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Browns | Four players waived
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:55:47 -0800

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have waived QB Bruce Gradkowski, P Mike Dragosavich, PK Jason Reda and OT Eric Young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Browns | Three players contracts' terminated
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:10:40 -0800

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of QB Ken Dorsey, LB Antwan Peek and CB Terry Cousin.
I hope we bring Dorsey back.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello fellow Browns fans-new member.

I will say-Rogers will not find 2 coaches more in his corner than Rac and Tucker. I kind of feared that a new hard ass coach would send Shaun back to his under achieving days-hope that's not true.

j05son- I hope we bring Dorsey back.

You're joking. Or you mean as coach?

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have waived QB Bruce Gradkowski, P Mike Dragosavich, PK Jason Reda and OT Eric Young.

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have terminated the contract of QB Ken Dorsey, LB Antwan Peek and CB Terry Cousin.

So far so good. No complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

I don't really think there's much of a chance that Dorsey comes back. He was here as a mentor for Quinn while Chud was around because he knew that offense inside out. There's no telling how well he'd know Daboll's offense.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill. He shouldn't be a big price tag either. Why not have a third string QB that your starter admires/befriends and have them going over playbooks and all. The OC might have changed and the playbook, but I will bet the preparation won't.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Flippityskip91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill. He shouldn't be a big price tag either. Why not have a third string QB that your starter admires/befriends and have them going over playbooks and all. The OC might have changed and the playbook, but I will bet the preparation won't.
This is true, and your 3rd string QB should never really end up on the field. However, with everything going around about Mangini being some ultimate disciplinarian, I don't know that he's going to care about who's friends with who.

Personally I think it would be beneficial to Quinn because the two of them have shown that they work well together...and Dorsey has always been an asset when it comes to preparation. Nonetheless, I still don't think it's likely he'll be back.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by j05son
Dorsey is a third string quarterback. There isn't much that's required of him. He's a mentor to Quinn and can bring a lot to the table in his intangibles that he can't bring to the field in terms of ability or skill.

Even 3rd string have to be able to play(certainly in practice)-Dorsey proved he's not capable of that. As far as mentoring and intangibles-Brady's now in his 3rd season so all of that is over rated-preparation is/always been a strong suit reportedly about Quinn. Personally I think Dorsey's embarrassing play helped contribute to Savage's firing-that he was paying a guy as bad as Dorsey(play wise) to be on the Browns.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 02-10-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A big part of this offseason I think will be trying to find a competent backup QB, one that will at least allow the Browns to function if Quinn goes down. Assuming DA is traded of course.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
A big part of this offseason I think will be trying to find a competent backup QB, one that will at least allow the Browns to function if Quinn goes down. Assuming DA is traded of course.
I cannot fathom a scenario where Anderon stays.

If for no other reason, the offense Daboll wants to run hass no place for a QB like Anderson. It's based on timing and accuracy; 2 area in which Derek has displayed almost no ability
Old 02-13-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supply and demand are in our favor regarding DA too. Only Stafford and Sanchez are viewed as franchise QB prospects, and only starting QBs available via trade are Cassel and Anderson. Cassel's price is probably a 1st and a 3rd, but DA can be had for a 2nd or two 3rd rounders it looks like.....and lots of teams need a QB: Carolina, Kansas City, St.Louis, Detroit, Minnesota, NYJets, San Francisco, Seattle, etc.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Anderson could still fetch a 1st rounder. Just too many teams who are contenders but lack a QB. A bidding war can only bring in more value for him.
The Jets in particular look like they'd be very interested. Of course, it could be embarrassing if Anderson leads them to the playoffs while we still have problems winning 6 or 7 games.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i believe the current asking price for DA is a 2nd or two 3rds.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Picture this: Maby I'm an optimist but DA and an 010' 1st or 2nd or 09' 2nd for Peppers looks doable. Panthers OC Davidson has coached DA and Derek knows Davidson's offense. DA could have more success with a run heavy offense and Carolina is going NOWHERE with Delhome. DA wouldn't necessarily have to put up Pro Bowl numbers in the Panther offense. OLB is Browns #1 need and might pay a steep price to get an elite player. Have no idea about the cost/money analysis but.....

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.