Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Not fluid enough to be a thumping ILB?
He still has to change direction and move laterally like a LB.

On a different note-why aren't we taking a look at Javon Walker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
He still has to change direction and move laterally like a LB.

On a different note-why aren't we taking a look at Javon Walker?
On top of the knee injury, the guy's life completely changed the night Darrent Williams died. He may have lost whatever it was that made him special that night.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised Holmgren is not interested in even taking a look. For the league minimum, that's low risk, possible high reward at our weakest position.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Ha, both of you guys have totally different reasons for why he didn't make it. I tend to lean towards scheme. Who knows.
well it's really the same. You can know a defense inside and out and still struggle adapting to the speed of the NFL game and the size of NFL Olinemen. It's not easy to figure out how to play ILB and OLB in an NFL defense after playing DE and even DT all your career before. I think Veikune understands the concepts and philosophy of the defense. He's a smart kid who excelled when the staff grilled him on the Xs and Os of their defense, but he's not an elite athlete and he is going from Hawaii and the WAC to the NFL and changing positions.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd rather go for Coles, Owens, or Curtis than Walker. Walker seems to have taken a nose dive after the Williams murder as mentioned. Not sure getting a veteran like that will help us that much in the long term. We'd have to get rid of either Stuckey or Mitchell if we sign a veteran and I think I'd rather take the lumps and keep the young guys on the roster for now. We should add a true #1 next offseason.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Veikune's problem is that he isn't good enough. "Redshirt" year or not, a second round pick on a crappy team should at least play some.

Keylime, I'd like to ask you something... Did yo really just say that you'd rather have Chansi ******* Stuckey than a fairly credible receiver like Kevin Curtis?

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Last edited by The Dude Abides : 05-05-2010 at 09:05 AM.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he said he would rather keep stuckey than go after Walker.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather keep Chansi Stuckey than go after Kevin Curtis.

I think he's a decent player, but we didn't have a quarterback who could throw last season so who would know?

Go with the young kids... see who can sink or swim
Old 05-05-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I'd rather keep Chansi Stuckey than go after Kevin Curtis.

I think he's a decent player, but we didn't have a quarterback who could throw last season so who would know?

Go with the young kids... see who can sink or swim
Stuckey isn't even all that young anymore. He's 27 in early October, in his fourth year and has 62 career receptions. He has already had chances to sink or swim... and he sunk like a stone.

Curtis is 32 (I had no idea he was that old, I pegged at 29 or so) and the other free agent options are old as well, but they might suck less. I'm all for building young and blah, blah, blah but my god there is a limit. I kinda like to WATCH the Browns, but our WR's are unwatchably bad

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Last edited by The Dude Abides : 05-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Well what i said is that if we sign a veteran we might be better for it this season, but next season we wouldn't know exactly what we have in some of the young guys like Robiskie, Mitchell, or Stuckey b/c the veteran would be stealing their minutes. If we don't sign a veteran then that means Robiskie or whoever gets to see the field a lot more and we'll know what we have going into next offseason - so we would know if we need to just bring in one new receiver in 2011 or several. I think signing a veteran would mean Mitchell likely gone to the practice squad where he becomes fair game for other teams. I would much rather keep him on the active roster and let him develop than sign a veteran for one year.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...matt_roth.html

Roth asks to be traded. Sweet dude, he's represented by Rosenhaus just like Elam and Vickers.

We need him pretty bad, but how about some thanks for picking your ass off the waiver wire you *****.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw this too. Is he just trying to get a contract or does he really hate it here that much?

I mean come on, he was given away by the Dolphins. We signed him and made him a starter. He can't even stick it out for a full season?

He has no leverage at this point though. Good luck with that trade Matt.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Matt Roth,

Thank you for giving the people who gave you a chance to get your career on track the middle finger. And don't worry, you will get what's coming to you with that piss poor attitude.

Sincerely,

Browns fan going through Cleveland Sports
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roth is going no where. Heckert already announced it but we all should have already knew that. He has no leverage, he's a Brown next season.

Also, I want to go on record that LBJ will remain in Cleveland as well.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Roth and his agent are playing the game... it is what it is. I don't think it's going to do him much good and if Heckert signs him to a long term deal, it better be loaded with incentives that keep Roth working hard since there were concerns he wasn't playing when he probably could have in Miami

I do hope the Jackson, Roth, and Vickers deals do not impact negotiations with the rookie class though
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines is now the most active poster in the Browns forum. So sad :(
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Browns are implementing a package of plays for their athletic quarterback Seneca Wallace called the Cyclone.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...d-for-big-year

Daboll under more pressure than any other assistant this season? Yup. The odds Holmgren is the HC in 2011-12? I'd say pretty good.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

The bleacher report is written by... anyone who feels like it, so it's not a source whatsoever, however Josh Cribbs mentioned the Cyclone package at the last OTA when a reporter couldn't piece together where the Cyclone and Flash package names came from.

As for Holmgren, A. I doubt it and B. I certainly hope not

I do agree about Brian Daboll though
Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
* Eric Mangini's hesitance to name Jake Delhomme his starting quarterback for the opening of camp.
Dust of the team board. If I may get into the mind of Mangini for a moment.

It's early and there's really no reason to name a starter now but...is it any wonder Gini is reluctant to name a starter. My guess is this will carry on into training camp. First Gini has a questionable history with assessing his QB's-Pennington/Clemens-Quinn/Anderson and second, he needs to win now or at least show marked improvement to keep his job-which means...

Lining up the same offense late in the year that ran the ball and focused on Cribbs is doubtful to be successful to start this year. Our opponents have had an off season to gameplan against this. Opening up the passing game with a focus on the TE's and a scrambling/running QB could be just the counterpunch the offense needs. And a running QB would ensure a dominant run game this season.

But if Heckert/Holmgren's plan is to draft a franchise QB early in the 11' draft, than I'll expect to see Delhomme the starter for most of the year and a new head coach. Imo drafting for the secondary this year, while needed, was also to take advantage of what Mangini knows best, before he's out the door.

Basically I'm making a case for Wallace as the starter. But still big board would be

1.QB J.Johnson[cause we won't have the #1 pk & Locker]
2.WR Green
3.OLB/DE Quinn

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 06-16-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Much depends on what you are willing to believe...

If you believe Jake Delhomme's assertion that much of his struggles last year were due to the fact that he was not healthy, then he should bounce back this year as he says he is now healthy

Mangini has a questionable history of assessing QBs? More like he's had **** at quarterback save Favre

I have no idea what Mangini needs to do to keep Holmgren happy, but I don't think Mangini is going anywhere just yet and I think he's a good coach that should be better since he's able to focus more as a coach this year and the players notice and appreciate the difference.

As for Cribbs... what was to figure out? The Browns could not throw... at all. Dead last in passing. In fact, the Browns ran for more yards than they passed; the only team to do that. If what they did last year won't work, it's because the Browns aren't playing the Chiefs, Raiders, Jags, and a Steeler team that quit.

I do think the running game is going to be good... instead of the corpse of Jamal Lewis, the Browns have Jerome Harrison, Montario Hardesty, Peyton Hillis, and we'll see what James Davis can do running behind Mack in his 2nd year and Vickers.

And if Delhomme can provide even competent QB play, the Browns passing game will be substantially better and I expect Massaquoi to have a nice year. Plus, everyone is praising how much better Robiskie is this year, which would be an enormous help

I will be very surprised if this team doesn't start out 2-0, but after that, it's going to be a rough going... hopefully starting out 2-0 will give this team some confidence going forward and like last year, Mangini can get them to win a game or two they had no business winning

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 06-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steinbach has been getting some time at LT as Joe's primary backup if anything were to happen to him. There have been a lot of rotations on the right side seeing which set is going to work the best:

Luavao at RG, Pashos at RT
Luavao at RG, St. Clair at RT
Womack at RG, Pashos at RT
Pashos at RG, St. Clair at RT

Have been seen the most. Also, Robiskie is being called the MVP of OTA's and Minicamp.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other OLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41625
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41665
Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Steinbach has been getting some time at LT as Joe's primary backup if anything were to happen to him. There have been a lot of rotations on the right side seeing which set is going to work the best:

Luavao at RG, Pashos at RT
Luavao at RG, St. Clair at RT
Womack at RG, Pashos at RT
Pashos at RG, St. Clair at RT

Have been seen the most. Also, Robiskie is being called the MVP of OTA's and Minicamp.
Anything that has St. Clair on the field is a failure... he is awful. He doesn't have a kick slide. He blocks down on everything, no matter what
Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Anything that has St. Clair on the field is a failure... he is awful. He doesn't have a kick slide. He blocks down on everything, no matter what
I agree, I was just copypasta what sites have been saying regarding our ota's, minycamp. I think Pashos is a starter, he's not getting paid that much to sit on the bench. I always thought Womack got a bad rep last year; that is was more St. Clair than him. Who knows, I'm excited to see Luavao as well.