Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
I agree, I was just copypasta what sites have been saying regarding our ota's, minycamp. I think Pashos is a starter, he's not getting paid that much to sit on the bench. I always thought Womack got a bad rep last year; that is was more St. Clair than him. Who knows, I'm excited to see Luavao as well.
Womack was surprisingly solid at right tackle when the Browns had to use him and Fraley as our right side.

I agree that he probably did get a bad wrap because St. Clair was awful.

I am very concerned about Pashos's ability to kick out and stop outside linebackers rushing the passer, but he and Womack should get a tremendous push in the run game
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd best MLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41689
Old 07-03-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41769
Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Best K is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41798
Old 07-10-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

What role will Cribbs have this season? Is he going to get more touches on offense? Will he be playing WR full time?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad made this for one of my relative's new kids and thought you guys would appreciate it. I would have made a new thread but this thread isn't getting any action so I thought I would add something...

Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
What role will Cribbs have this season? Is he going to get more touches on offense? Will he be playing WR full time?
He's never developed into a worthwhile wide receiver and while I suppose it could happen, it's incredibly unlikely.

Cribbs will be used much like he was last year as a wildcat QB, but there are also packages that will have he and Seneca Wallace on the field at the same time, so it remains to be seen how many touches he will get on offense, but that's the primary way he will get them.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's now Mr.Cleveland Sports too. Big off-field role.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
He's going to be used similarly to how he was used last year. Cleveland will be running a lot of elements from Holmgren's WCO with wildcat and a new package called cyclone that will feature both Cribbs and Wallace on the field. He will also be on special teams but with a more limited role since he should be lining up offensively a bit more.

New offense is being dubbed the North Coast Offense. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
My dad made this for one of my relative's new kids and thought you guys would appreciate it. I would have made a new thread but this thread isn't getting any action so I thought I would add something...
xd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
he's now Mr.Cleveland Sports too. Big off-field role.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cribbs gets more touches and proves to be a greater game-changer than he was last season he could change the NFL game. This type could become a staple and every team will covet one.

I'm drawing a blank on any other NFL player, present or past-who like Cribbs,
does not have a true position but is the key player of the teams offense....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 07-14-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Tom Matti of the Colts was this type of player
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'know, come to think of it, it's already started. Bush, Harvin, Tebow, McCluster are all similar types w/o a true position. I suppose it's not that uncommon either it's just that Cribbs is more effective at it than most-and he was glaring on a talent derived squad.

And going back not quite as far as Matti, our own Metcalf for a time was the biggest playmaker on the team without a position of his own.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Y'know, come to think of it, it's already started. Bush, Harvin, Tebow, McCluster are all similar types w/o a true position. I suppose it's not that uncommon either it's just that Cribbs is more effective at it than most-and he was glaring on a talent derived squad.

And going back not quite as far as Matti, our own Metcalf for a time was the biggest playmaker on the team without a position of his own.
No, Metcalf had a position... he was a halfback. He SHOULD have been a guy you put all over the field like the guys you mentioned, but that didn't happen here. And then when we traded him to Atlanta, they made him a slot receiver and he had 100+ catches for them that season.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

2010 Pre-Camp predictions?

I read a position analysis of the Browns recently and felt like throwing in my take.

UNIT-BY-UNIT ANALYSIS

QUARTERBACKS: Starter -- Jake Delhomme. Backups -- Seneca Wallace, Brett Ratliff, Colt McCoy.

Delhomme didn’t have just one bad season in Carolina. He’s been the weak link for that squad for quite awhile. He’s the most accomplished QB on the roster so it’s understandable that he’s expected to start but I have little doubt Seneca is the better QB. At this stage Wallace would give the team a better chance to win games this year.

It serves the team no good playing an aged vet like Delhomme rather than seeing what Seneca can do as a starting QB. If you figure that Colt is a career back up-which I do-then a first round QB is a lock next year with so many good ones potentially available (preferably Jarrod Johnson). This team will have to surprise to come up with any wins in the division this year. Seneca as the starter would give the appearance of having a wildcat look on every play. If he’s in over his head and is truly a career back up you always have the teary eyed vet to fall back on.

RUNNING BACKS: Starter -- Jerome Harrison. Backups -- Montario Hardesty, Peyton Hillis, James Davis, Chris Jennings, FB Lawrence Vickers.

With the generous help of the O line and Vickers I fully expect Harrison to start where he left off last season. He is like a slower Brian Westbrook. At some point Hardesty will be the starting back but not this year. He’ll have to show his timed speed in games to beat out Jennings and Davis and lock down the complimentary role to Harrison.

TIGHT ENDS: Starter -- Ben Watson. Backups -- Robert Royal, Evan Moore, Joel Gamble.

I’ve read our TE position is weak this season but I don’t see it. Watson is coming off an injury plagued year. If not for playing with two likely hof WR’s for the last few(umm… probably not Welker) I think he would have made more of a name for himself by now. He’ll get double the looks he normally got in NE. Royal is a solid run blocking TE. Moore will push Watson for playing time and should be a factor week to week-and a big factor if I’m wrong about Watson.

WIDE RECEIVERS: Starters -- Mohamed Massaquoi, Brian Robiskie. Backups -- Josh Cribbs, Chansi Stuckey, Bobby Engram, Jake Allen, Johnathan Haggerty, Carlton Mitchell, Syndric Steptoe.

The scariest unit on the team. I don’t want to think what could happen here if the injury bug hits this position. Mohmass has the look of a guy who can develop into a #1. Robiskie should get plenty opportunities to test his strength and toughness (his weakness as a rookie imo) playing against Brown and Haden in camp but I’ll believe it when I see it. The surprise guy here I think will be Cribbs-after thrust into the starting role early last season I think he’ll be much more prepared to be a factor at this position. Odd man out will be Stuckey-beaten out by old man Engram.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Starters -- LT Joe Thomas, LG Eric Steinbach, C Alex Mack, RG Floyd Womack, RT Tony Pashos. Backups -- RT John St. Clair, G Shawn Lauvao, G/C Billy Yates, OL Joel Reindeers, G Pat Murray, OT Scott Kooistra, OL Paul Fanaika, OL Casey Bender.

Clearly the strength of the team. Pro bowl play from Mack and a solid right side could allow us to dictate to our opponents and open up big plays in the passing game-plus keep the d fresh and allow Ryan to blitzkrieg likes he wants too and force big plays.

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN: Starters -- LDE Kenyon Coleman, NT Shaun Rogers, RDE Robaire Smith. Backups -- NT Ahtyba Rubin, NT Brian Schaefering, DE Derrick Robinson, NT Titus Adams, DL Kwaku Danso, DE Clifton Geathers, DT Swanson Miller, DL C.J. Mosley, DL Brian Sanford.

I actually like this unit a lot this season. Rubin will be the defensive breakout player and get some pro bowl attention. Schaefring could push his way into a starting role at DE. Rogers, when healthy, will play like his occasional dominant self. Coleman, Smith, Geathers will all contribute well.

LINEBACKERS: Starters -- WLB David Bowens, ILB Scott Fujita, MLB D'Qwell Jackson. SLB Matt Roth. Backups -- OLB Marcus Benard, ILB Eric Barton, ILB Titus Brown, ILB Blake Costanzo, OLB Chris Gocong, ILB Kaluka Maiava, ILB David Veikune, LB Jason Trusnik.

This is a mess. One of the top priorities in the 11’ draft will be to get some speed into this position. On a positive note this unit is filled with tough physical guys who can plug a hole. How well the blitzes are executed will be huge since everyone will be coming from everywhere and there aren’t any top notch pass rushers. I say Roth probably leads the team in sacks.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: Starters -- LCB Eric Wright, RCB Sheldon Brown, FS D.J. Ward, SS Abe Elam. Backups -- CB Joe Haden, CB Brandon McDonald, CB/S Mike Adams, SS Larry Asante, S Nick Sorensen, CB Coye Francies, S Ray Ventrone, CB Gerard Lawson, DB Chris Chancellor, DB Chris Roberson, CB DeAngelo Smith.

Mangini coached one of the most physical secondaries in the league while he was at NE. This is probably what they were going for but I think this unit will struggle mightily if the rookies get on the field. Not for lack of talent but rookies DBs get broken in. I won’t be surprised if Asante starts before Ward either. But a starting unit of Wright-Brown-Elam(Asante)-Adams looks superior to last year’s. I’m looking forward to seeing weekly smackdowns eventually.

SPECIAL TEAMS: K Phil Dawson, P Dave Zastudil, P Reggie Hodges, LS Ryan Pontbriand, PR Josh Cribbs, KR Cribbs.

It’s going to be interesting to see how opponents will deal with the greatest kick off returner of all time this season.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 09-21-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd start Wallace over Delhomme too. Dude sucks.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delhomme may not be that great, though I expect him to be much better than he was last year which was about as bad as can be....but we sure are a lot better off at QB than we were last year with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, yikes. Guys couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. Seneca Wallace impressed my everytime he was called upon in Seattle, so if Jake stinks early we can fall back on a guy who won't be bad. Our accuracy in the passing game should go way up this year regardless.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm getting a little concerned at Pashos setbacks-St.Claire starting again would be a serious liability.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn L has been working with the first team a bit at RG, hasn't he?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

If healthy, Pashos is definitely our right tackle. And I'm excited to see Lauvao in preseason.

Unfortunately, our players are starting to drop like flies. Jackson is probably done as a Brown. Hopefully Maiava and Veikune can do something or we'll be looking at inside linebacker in the draft... again.

If Wright's injury isn't serious, it could be a blessing in disguise to get Haden more reps.

Marcus Benard is dinged up. Incredibly frustrating
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Heading into the last meaningful preseason game for the starters I must say I'm surprised about Jake. I figured Wallace would be making a push about now.

And it's really enjoyable to sit back and watch DA and Quinn look like hot garbage and not have to root for them.

Ward is looking enough like that other #43 I might change my sig. Whether Colt's cut or not I'd like to think QB will be the top priority next draft.

Wallace's chemistry with Cribbs is one of the most intriguing things I've seen so far on offense. I'm half expecting to see QB by committee from Mangini and not sure what to make of that.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Is Harrison making "business decisions" out there running the ball?

He's not happy about the contract situation or the drafting of ,what was at the time, a potential franchise back. Maby it's simply about less touches but he seems to be lacking the abandon he regularly runs with. Is sharing carries with Hillis a consequence of this or just a function of the new offense? Or simply the run game as a unit just not getting it done?

It's certainly not unheard of for players to make business decisions when they're not happy contractually or otherwise. (Ricky-Moss-Chad-Jlew, come to mind)

The critical mistakes by the QB's in the first two emphasizes the need for a true difference maker at the position that ought to addressed in the first round in April but I'd still rather roll with Wallace than Jake for now.

A Vincent Jackson deal seems like an ideal trade for this squad trying to put building blocks in place...just sayin.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Jerome Harrison became a ***** in the offseason. He's hesitant and he fumbles.

Peyton Hillis is a monster when he can hold onto the ball.

It's time to go get a franchise QB. The team is in a decent position for a new signal caller and it's a good draft to get one.

Vincent Jackson? I just don't know... he's pretty good, but I hesitate to give up the pick or picks needed to get him and at the moment and we have no one to get him the ball right now. And AJ Smith is a dick
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Well my guy certainly didn't look like a 1st round pick last night. Might have to change my sig after back to back lackluster showings.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Well my guy certainly didn't look like a 1st round pick last night. Might have to change my sig after back to back lackluster showings.
He's a project with a lot of tools... need to fix his throwing motion and work on him with his footwork, specifically shortening it up.

I like the fact that when Johnson scrambles in the pocket, he's still looking for someone to throw the ball, but we need a franchise QB instead of a project.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mangini said Colt McCoy might very well make his first career start against Pittsburgh on Sunday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...5699&sport=NFL

Thoughts?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote