Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

if u hate this topic so much, why u post on it in the first place, plus ur not to smart casue my way was no incoming freshman on the list and o ya...henne is not a first round guy, not a 4th round either, somewhere in the middle, but yes hart, long and manni are firsts
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by linebackerU
if u hate this topic so much, why u post on it in the first place, plus ur not to smart casue my way was no incoming freshman on the list and o ya...henne is not a first round guy, not a 4th round either, somewhere in the middle, but yes hart, long and manni are firsts
Irony.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

how can you say ryan mallet is a first round pick when he hasnt even taken a single snap at the college level yet? thats a bit presumptuous

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

thats why i didnt put freshman in my lineup, you dont know how theyll react to the college game
Old 02-13-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
how can you say ryan mallet is a first round pick when he hasnt even taken a single snap at the college level yet? thats a bit presumptuous
well, it's kind of a double edged sword because we are all proclaiming sanchez to be a consensus overall in a couple years (me included) yet hasnt done anything to justify it.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha geez how could you USC guys forget about S Josh Pinkard, who is on scotts top 5 safetys for next year...
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
haha geez how could you USC guys forget about S Josh Pinkard, who is on scotts top 5 safetys for next year...
that defense is stacked, the only liability may be the corners.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

yea pinkard slipped throw my list..and u can justify sanchez becasue he is in college and coaches have commented on his actual ability not theoretical ability like mallet
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i actually DONT think Hart is a first round pick

Old 02-13-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
i actually DONT think Hart is a first round pick
Me either, I was just putting people down that are decent like that other guy.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

the only reason he wouldnt be is if slaton/d-mac and other top rbs shoot so far ahead of him, hart is a good back
Old 02-13-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

at least sanchez has competed against college level talent...i have seen him at practices, scrimages against USC's first team and a couple times in games this season...i know what you are getting at and you are right to an extent but i havent seen mallet play against any kind of college level competition. signing day way like last week and we are already calling him a first round pick? seems a bit early

Old 02-13-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

definately
Old 02-13-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
at least sanchez has competed against college level talent...i have seen him at practices, scrimages against USC's first team and a couple times in games this season...i know what you are getting at and you are right to an extent but i havent seen mallet play against any kind of college level competition. signing day way like last week and we are already calling him a first round pick? seems a bit early
Mallet has been in Michigan for a month and he played the AA game vs College talent.

Also the talent in the AA > the talent Sanchez passes on most the time. :D
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

hart is a good back but i think he is on the smaller side for the NFL. he will be drafted but will go later. he is definately talented though but mcfadden and slaton will go before him

Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebackerU

sanchez, p.turner, v.hazelton, sam baker, l. jackson, s.ellis, manulaga/cushing...taylor mays
Let me help you:
sanchez (cant beat out a 2nd rounder), p.turner(slow and done nothing), v.hazelton(has yet to play), sam baker(1), l. jackson(no), s.ellis(no), manulaga/cushing(probably/doubtful)...taylor mays(so overrated and soft no.)

I think that adds up to 1.
dude u are rediculous

Sanchez=First rounder and is better than booty- booty is a senior which gets more respect.

Pat Turner= First round- Same height as Jarret and just as fast, and Jarrett is going to be a first round pick right?

Vidal Hazelton= Not sure but clone of Jarrett and Turner

Sam Baker= Definate 1st rounder

L Jackson= Yes hes a first rounder, he will prolly be the best DE in the country next year.

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

Cushing= Possible 1st round

Taylor Mays= Soft? he was a true freshmen playing on a national powerhouse

and since u then put freshmen on ur list here we go tough guy

Everson griffen= Future first round pick and dont say he isnt

Marc Tyler= Future first round pick if he gets to play along with the other 6 potential first round backs we have

Chris Galippo= Future first round pick- best linebacker in the country this year and might possibly start next year.

Joe McKnight= Future first round pick- u remember a guy named Reggie? well this guy is just like him

we got more but ill stop here :D
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

ya-the pac 10 gets those atheltic safties and corners like its no one bussiness
Old 02-13-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

sanchez hasnt really played against any real teams besides a bit against stanford and then against oregon

Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
hart is a good back but i think he is on the smaller side for the NFL. he will be drafted but will go later. he is definately talented though but mcfadden and slaton will go before him
first, yeah that's true bout sanchez.

But with hart, i see him as a maurice drew. They both dont have ideal size but both are hard workers.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

true dat

hart will have to put on a lot more weight if he is going to play like maurice jones drew

Old 02-13-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
snuff

Mike Hart is a lot slower than Maurice Drew....
Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true dat

hart will have to put on a lot more weight if he is going to play like maurice jones drew
Gain more weight and shave a couple miliseconds off his 40.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

harts not oging 1st round he's short and slow he's got power and vision going for him along with heart and work ethic but i see him going 3rd round at best.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we wait until Patrick Turner does something relevant before we declare him as a 1st Round pick. We've been hearing for two years now that he's going to be better than Jarrett and he hasn't done anything. I know he's been buried a bit on the depth chart, but let's wait until he does something first.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When USC puts guys in the NFL like the early 2000 Miami teams, and the guys produce like them, then lets call them a factory....