Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD
When USC puts guys in the NFL like the early 2000 Miami teams, and the guys produce like them, then lets call them a factory....
I don't think in the past few years that USC has produced more NFL players than the likes of Ohio State, Miami or Georgia. They're still a step behind.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21
Quote:
When USC puts guys in the NFL like the early 2000 Miami teams, and the guys produce like them, then lets call them a factory....
I don't think in the past few years that USC has produced more NFL players than the likes of Ohio State, Miami or Georgia. They're still a step behind.
They are a couple steps behind. They had a nice run last year in the draft but I only see one 1st rounder this year. Miami has hit a dry spell though.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21
Quote:
They are a couple steps behind. They had a nice run last year in the draft but I only see one 1st rounder this year. Miami has hit a dry spell though.
They'll rebound next year and if Shannon gets things working again they're always be there. Ohio State had 5 last year, will have atleast 1, maybe 2 this year (Pitcock). Next year tOSU could have 2-3 also. Georgia didn't have any last year but could have maybe one or two this year and some more next year. Texas has also been sending out a lot of first rounders and could have one or two this year (Ross/Griffen) and more next year (Okam etc.).

USC is not quite an NFL factory.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
terman
Rookie

terman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's a shame that these future USC teams won't have the coaching of the 04 Trojans. They would be simply beastly.
terman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Mr Spoons
Veteran

Mr Spoons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just confused why someone called "LinebackerU" is touting USC. I mean, I'm all for non-homerism and all, but shouldn't he be fanfaring Nittany Lions with that username? :? :P
Mr Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

so according to u, you should only be allowed to write about spoons
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also quite a few of the guys USC has put in the league the past few seasons haven't exactly produced as expected.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linebackerU
so according to u, you should only be allowed to write about spoons
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Also quite a few of the guys USC has put in the league the past few seasons haven't exactly produced as expected.
Outside of this past years rookies you really only have Palmer, Polamalu and Tatupu that have been playing well in the pros from the recent drafts. Can't think of anyone else unless you start going back to Junior Seau and Willie McGinest who are of another era.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
I bleed green

USC has put 35 current players in the NFL, Florida 37, Michigan 41, Tennessee 43, Ohio St. 46, FSU 47, Miami 52...so not quite.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how long did you spend looking all that up?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
I bleed green

About 5 minutes? ESPN has them listed by college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players
Old 02-16-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah i see.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
USC has put 35 current players in the NFL, Florida 37, Michigan 41, Tennessee 43, Ohio St. 46, FSU 47, Miami 52...so not quite.
Notre Dame also has 35. And are putting quite a bunch in next year. My guess is they have 7 drafted this year as well.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
I bleed green

I only checked the schools that I listed (I wasn't going to look at every single college) so I'm sure there's other schools other than the ones I listed that have put more players in the NFL than USC as well.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
most of the players out of USC have come around recently... thus USC is BECOMING an NFL pipeline... it's still nothing like the Miami teams of the 00s...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

aren't there a lot of people from ole miss?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: USC: factory for the nfl

Quote:
j.d. booty qb - late round pick/free agent
:?:

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Man_Law_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:

sanchez, p.turner, v.hazelton, sam baker, l. jackson, s.ellis, manulaga/cushing...taylor mays
Let me help you:
sanchez (cant beat out a 2nd rounder), p.turner(slow and done nothing), v.hazelton(has yet to play), sam baker(1), l. jackson(no), s.ellis(no), manulaga/cushing(probably/doubtful)...taylor mays(so overrated and soft no.)

I think that adds up to 1.
dude u are rediculous

Sanchez=First rounder and is better than booty- booty is a senior which gets more respect.

Pat Turner= First round- Same height as Jarret and just as fast, and Jarrett is going to be a first round pick right?

Vidal Hazelton= Not sure but clone of Jarrett and Turner

Sam Baker= Definate 1st rounder

L Jackson= Yes hes a first rounder, he will prolly be the best DE in the country next year.

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

Cushing= Possible 1st round

Taylor Mays= Soft? he was a true freshmen playing on a national powerhouse

and since u then put freshmen on ur list here we go tough guy

Everson griffen= Future first round pick and dont say he isnt

Marc Tyler= Future first round pick if he gets to play along with the other 6 potential first round backs we have

Chris Galippo= Future first round pick- best linebacker in the country this year and might possibly start next year.

Joe McKnight= Future first round pick- u remember a guy named Reggie? well this guy is just like him

we got more but ill stop here :D
i agree cuhing is definetly a top 25 pick if he declares next year when he switches back to OLB
Old 02-19-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:

sanchez, p.turner, v.hazelton, sam baker, l. jackson, s.ellis, manulaga/cushing...taylor mays
Let me help you:
sanchez (cant beat out a 2nd rounder), p.turner(slow and done nothing), v.hazelton(has yet to play), sam baker(1), l. jackson(no), s.ellis(no), manulaga/cushing(probably/doubtful)...taylor mays(so overrated and soft no.)

I think that adds up to 1.
dude u are rediculous

Sanchez=First rounder and is better than booty- booty is a senior which gets more respect.

Pat Turner= First round- Same height as Jarret and just as fast, and Jarrett is going to be a first round pick right?

Vidal Hazelton= Not sure but clone of Jarrett and Turner

Sam Baker= Definate 1st rounder

L Jackson= Yes hes a first rounder, he will prolly be the best DE in the country next year.

Ellis= 2nd round

Manuluga First round!

Cushing= Possible 1st round

Taylor Mays= Soft? he was a true freshmen playing on a national powerhouse

and since u then put freshmen on ur list here we go tough guy

Everson griffen= Future first round pick and dont say he isnt

Marc Tyler= Future first round pick if he gets to play along with the other 6 potential first round backs we have

Chris Galippo= Future first round pick- best linebacker in the country this year and might possibly start next year.

Joe McKnight= Future first round pick- u remember a guy named Reggie? well this guy is just like him

we got more but ill stop here :D
i agree cuhing is definetly a top 25 pick if he declares next year when he switches back to OLB
Yeah that guy is rediculous.....and if he comes down to it he can play the OLB in a 3-4 cuz they played him at D end this year.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Daniel Adams

I promise all of you that from following Marc Tyler's entire high school career, that dude is a 1st round pick. He's a monster at HB. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his power and field vision.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Adams
I promise all of you that from following Marc Tyler's entire high school career, that dude is a 1st round pick. He's a monster at HB. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his power and field vision.

If he can come back to the same form after that nasty leg injury.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is cool to see how many players from USC have a good chance at the NFL.

It's also nice how USC is getting them prepared and all by starting their paid football careers early.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
It is cool to see how many players from USC have a good chance at the NFL.

It's also nice how USC is getting them prepared and all by starting their paid football careers early.
are u a notre dame fan or somethin?
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

david booty will be at least a second rounder
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote