Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-08-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they get him some O-line help, maybe he could produce. I guess being his first season where he is the work horse, with crap around him, qb and o-line, has made him look like crap. I think he is a back that needs to split carries, some backs have gotten it done with swiss cheese for o-line. But then again look at Edge James in AZ, with O-line help if he still does crap, then he has to go.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I think there is a 60% chance he's gone next year if he continues to play the way he has been.

The OL is indeed terrible though.
he ain't going anywhere. His cap hit would still hurt this team a ton. Something like 5 million I think.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DaSuperfan
Rookie

DaSuperfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We could draft another RB this year but the problem isn't the RB's, it's the person choosing these players. JA has a terrible eye for talent on the offensive side of the ball. He hasn't drafted one good offensive player outside of Greg Olsen, who looks like a keeper. The only other player on offense that he's drafted that has been worth anything is Berrian. But Berrian has played like crap this year, he hasn't been catching the ball and he looks lazy running his routes, not to mention that he doesn't really like to block.

So in all reality, if we ever want a good offense, JA has to step aside and let someone who knows how to evaluate talent on offense make the decisions. (which will never happen, so we should just hope for another GM)
DaSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything less than 25 carries and 100 yards against the Raiders this weekend, and I'd be really concerned with Benson.

btw I love Olsen. What a great pick at #31. The next Tony Gonzalez imo.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What we need is a great young offensive mind to be our OC.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post

So in all reality, if we ever want a good offense, JA has to step aside and let someone who knows how to evaluate talent on offense make the decisions. (which will never happen, so we should just hope for another GM)

But IMO JA has done a GREAT job. His eye for defensive talent is top notch, and if it means that we wont have a top 10 offense in the NFL...so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what its worth, from a guy who's a Giants fan, and a Benson owner in Fantasy football, Benson reminds me of Ron Dayne.

Slow off the ball, not great vision, and for a guy who's supposed to be a pounder, he doesn't do alot of pounding.

However, I don't think he's as bad as people are painting him just yet. Give him a fair shake. In all likelihood, he'll be decent in a 1,2 RBC punch. I just don't think he'll be the workhorse he was supposed to be.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he needs to split the carriers, but also he can't be working with a crap line. Even the Edge James can't do anything with crap line look at him now.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a longhorn fan, so I need to give my two cents...

I thought Benson was over hyped coming out of college, however I did think he was a sure-fire solid NFL running back.

I would say he has been disappointing. Not horrible, and it is not all his fault. But if his attitude was better, I would feel sorry for him.

As it stands now, he needs to shut the heck up.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson's stats say he played terrible, and he did at times today, well yesterday, but overall he did alright. The offensive line was terrible, and he had a couple good runs. Benson's problems are fixable, if we sure up the offensive line and get a compentent number 2 running back. None of this Garrett Wolfe **** get the midget outta here, and let AP slide back to 3 and special teams.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

His stats where similar to White, White had 30 carries for 100 yards. Wolfe had 1 carry. White and Benson are similar, White has 4 ypc, but thats a bit inflated because of his few 100 yrd games. Benson has like 3, true dat that White is doing better on the goaline.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if JA wants to do his pick in Benson some justice, he should draft OL at least 2wice in the 1st three rounds. Benson has been bad, but he shows flashes every once in a while getting those 9 yarders. Even if he doesnt pan out, we will still have some young guys on the OL as the base. Its a win win

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
But IMO JA has done a GREAT job. His eye for defensive talent is top notch, and if it means that we wont have a top 10 offense in the NFL...so be it.
Yes but if it means your offense, which isn't brilliant to begin with, is just getting worse over the years... And I hate to mention it, but your defense isn't playing that well either.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah, bear d is going down hill.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
His stats where similar to White, White had 30 carries for 100 yards. Wolfe had 1 carry. White and Benson are similar, White has 4 ypc, but thats a bit inflated because of his few 100 yrd games. Benson has like 3, true dat that White is doing better on the goaline.
How are White's stats inflated because he had a few 100 yard games?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Before, I was gung ho for ditching Benson. Now I am rethinking my thought process. Benson is a runner much like Alexander and LJ, needs a good line. When they have a good line, they not only are good, but they excel at a very high level. I think we need to give Benson that chance.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Before, I was gung ho for ditching Benson. Now I am rethinking my thought process. Benson is a runner much like Alexander and LJ, needs a good line. When they have a good line, they not only are good, but they excel at a very high level. I think we need to give Benson that chance.
How have you came to that conclusion? Has Benson ever been successful in the NFL?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Yes but if it means your offense, which isn't brilliant to begin with, is just getting worse over the years... And I hate to mention it, but your defense isn't playing that well either.
The offense is getting worse because the offensive line is getting worse. Struggling against the Raiders? Run the red flags.

The Bears definitely need to address offensive line in this upcoming Draft, as some posters have wisely noted already.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah, bear d is going down hill.
Actually our defense has improved considerably over the last 3 games. We've dealt with some issues this season but by and large the defense is young and talented. I'm not sure what 2008 will hold for the Bears, but I'm fairly certain we'll be back in the top 10 of defenses.

Offense may require another serious overhaul again though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
How have you came to that conclusion? Has Benson ever been successful in the NFL?
The same way you came to the Orton is garbage conclusion ;)

Last year he had some sucsess when the offensive line was playing well. You can also attribute that to the 1-2 punch, and an existing passing attack, but he still didnt play atrocious. According to Fox Sports, he was averaging 4.1ypc last year. Not amazing, but its around the average. Thats when the line is playing good in his second year.

And I came to that conclusion after I read it somewhere *dont ask me where*. I like the comparison, I am not saying that he is LJ or Alexander, but he has shown that he can get a good 5-10yrd run when there is a hole, a la offensive line. Like I said, build the line, see how he does, its a win win

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The same way you came to the Orton is garbage conclusion ;)

Last year he had some sucsess when the offensive line was playing well. You can also attribute that to the 1-2 punch, and an existing passing attack, but he still didnt play atrocious. According to Fox Sports, he was averaging 4.1ypc last year. Not amazing, but its around the average. Thats when the line is playing good in his second year.

And I came to that conclusion after I read it somewhere *dont ask me where*. I like the comparison, I am not saying that he is LJ or Alexander, but he has shown that he can get a good 5-10yrd run when there is a hole, a la offensive line. Like I said, build the line, see how he does, its a win win
I agree that runningback is far from the Bears main issue. I'm probably just thinking of Benson as the 5th overall pick instead of a runningback who could be solid but unspectacular. It's sometimes hard to separate a players draft position and what can be expected out of them a few years later.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

O-line and Qb.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are going to bring him back for one more year. That said, I do expect them to add a back, whether it be through FA or the draft. Considering our glaring OT/QB concerns, along with other potential concerns at S and WR, amongst others, I think we'll look FA hard. Just not sure if we have the room to sign Burner, but we'll have to wait and see. Can't think of who else is a FA RB right now.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they already have that scat back (garrett wolfe) that can compliment bensons game and bring some energy and change of pace to this bears O. why arent they using him more often?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think they are going to bring him back for one more year. That said, I do expect them to add a back, whether it be through FA or the draft. Considering our glaring OT/QB concerns, along with other potential concerns at S and WR, amongst others, I think we'll look FA hard. Just not sure if we have the room to sign Burner, but we'll have to wait and see. Can't think of who else is a FA RB right now.
A few of the big names:

Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor
Chris Brown
Julius Jones

Julius Jones could be an interesting experiment in Chicago.