Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-13-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hate to see the Bears with Johnathan Stewart... I'll tell you that...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'd hate to see the Bears with Johnathan Stewart... I'll tell you that...
Any team that gets Jonathan Stewart is gonna get a good one...

however for us, we have much bigger needs.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
DaSuperfan
Rookie

DaSuperfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Felix Jones is considered as a top 10 talent by some. I don't know what you are talking about, this junior RB class is loaded with great talent and a lot of them are already considered to be possible first rounders.
Top 10 talent? I haven't read that anywhere. I've seen some people put Jones in at the end of the first round, but haven't seen him ranked as a top 10 talent in the 2008 draft.

All I'm saying is we should consider Felix Jones if we're looking for a RB. That's all I'm saying. I don't know where he's ranked right now, but we should be drafting somewhere in the middle of the first round. If we really wanted a RB, and he's as good as you say he is, he should be a definite possibility then.
DaSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would absolutely love Rashard Mendenhall in the 2nd. I've been saying it for a while the kid is a freaking stud who's style screams NFL.

He would fit very nice into the offense - especially if he was a 3rd down back to start. He catches the ball very well out of the backfield & is a very good route runner.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow am I reading this right? Jamal Lewis? The guy sucks & is one of the worst RBs in the league.. Easily worse than Benson.. I couldn't imagine Lewis running behind this OL - he would probably barely gain 500 yards in 16 games.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an NU fan (Go Cats, Sutton rocks!), the Illini are pretty much my mortal enemy. However, I really like Mendenhall. I haven't watched him much, but I have seen some and liked what I saw. If he declares this year (which would be idiotic by him, IMO), I wouldn't mind him in the second at all. I say it would be stupid for him to come out because the Illini do have a shot at a big ten title next year, and I think Mendenhall could use another year and rise his stock. I think he can be a top 15 pick next year.

Since you have watched him a lot more then me, how's his blocking? I am tired of seeing Peterson and Benson having no idea how to pick up a blitz and when they do go for a block they do with no technique what-so-ever and lunge and fall on their face.

Also, who would you compare Mendenhall to? I want to say Thomas Jones. Similar body type, both good receivers, and both have good vision.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

One guy the Bears might think of picking up in the 3rd round might be Justin Forsett. The guy backed up Lynch and got 999 yds with a 7.6 ypc. If you saw the game against USC you know what I mean, 145 rushing yards with 5.3 ypc and 45 more yards in receptions. He ran ALL OVER that USC def.

He is a big play threat but can be an every down back if he get 5-10 more pounds. A compact runner that can break tackles and is shifty. Plus he is a hard nosed runner who will just hit the hole hard. Maybe his north/south running style will make Benson think twice about being so tentative.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
Felix Jones should be considered in the 2nd round at some point if he was available. The only RB I'd consider in the 1st round would be Darren McFadden, but we'll win too many games to even get a chance at him.
I think this guy "could" do well in the pro's however he suffers from the same problem Caddilac Williams did. Not enough carries and he's not the largest player around. Can he take a full load? If so I'd be willing to pull the trigger. He's definatelly one hell of a back.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I think this guy "could" do well in the pro's however he suffers from the same problem Caddilac Williams did. Not enough carries and he's not the largest player around. Can he take a full load? If so I'd be willing to pull the trigger. He's definatelly one hell of a back.
We wouldn't be given him the full load. Benson's going to get more than half a season, and a season with an actual offensive line before he gets the shaft.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our needs at OL, QB, S, even WR are far too pressing to afford drafting a RB in the 1st round, let alone round 2. We'd be much better off looking at trades/free agency for RBs and stick to OL, S, and QB (no particular order) in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. I'd say we must address QB, S, OL. Which leaves a spare pick that'll be determined by value. We could go OL again, DT depending on value, LB, WR, or RB again all depending on value.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
As an NU fan (Go Cats, Sutton rocks!), the Illini are pretty much my mortal enemy. However, I really like Mendenhall. I haven't watched him much, but I have seen some and liked what I saw. If he declares this year (which would be idiotic by him, IMO), I wouldn't mind him in the second at all. I say it would be stupid for him to come out because the Illini do have a shot at a big ten title next year, and I think Mendenhall could use another year and rise his stock. I think he can be a top 15 pick next year.

Since you have watched him a lot more then me, how's his blocking? I am tired of seeing Peterson and Benson having no idea how to pick up a blitz and when they do go for a block they do with no technique what-so-ever and lunge and fall on their face.

Also, who would you compare Mendenhall to? I want to say Thomas Jones. Similar body type, both good receivers, and both have good vision.
I see Travis Henry honestly.. I know the measurables are a little off, because Mendenhall is a few inches taller, but that's who I see in Mendenhall. I'm not sure how good Henry is out of the backfield catching the ball, but Mendenhall is very good. But as a pure runner I see Travis Henry - some will probably disagree with that, but that's who I see.

As for his blocking he's really not back there much, because of the option & the offense, but when he is he has shown he knows how to pick up a blitz. He recognizes a blitz better than he is a blocker right now, but the kid is tough as nails and could definitely improve.

Here's some runs vs Wisconsin:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 11-14-2007 at 04:12 PM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendenhall really reminds me of Clinton Portis... his running style, his quickness, his vision, his body type, all similar to Portis in my opinion. If he comes out this year i could see a similar draft position as well, early round 2.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Mendenhall really reminds me of Clinton Portis... his running style, his quickness, his vision, his body type, all similar to Portis in my opinion. If he comes out this year i could see a similar draft position as well, early round 2.
I wouldn't mind us using a top 3 pick on a rb. If many of these junior backs decide to go pro it could become very interesting.

Darren McFadden - Arkansas
Jonathan Stewart - Oregon
Kevin Smith - UCF
Jamaal Charles - Texas
Rashard Mendenhall - Illinois
Steve Slaton - West Virginia
Javon Ringer - Michigan State
Felix Jones - Arkansas
Ian Johnson - Boise State

If many of these guys decide to go pro this year it can add a lot of strength to a weak rb core this year. We'll see how this turns out.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 AM    (permalink
DMBZeppelin

If the Bears got Darren McFadden, I think I would weep tears of Joy.

What they should have done though is hired scouts who could have told them Benson sucked. Then traded Briggs to the Redskins for the No. 6 pick, and drafted Adrian Peterson since he went 7th to the Vikes. Keep a super star away from a division rival, and fix your biggest problem.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post

What they should have done though is hired scouts who could have told them Benson sucked. Then traded Briggs to the Redskins for the No. 6 pick, and drafted Adrian Peterson since he went 7th to the Vikes. Keep a super star away from a division rival, and fix your biggest problem.
Haha, I have thought about that, but we did have Benson who had showed some promise. And if DMC was avaliable, I would be tempted to take him, but there are quite a few RBs in this draft that we could pair up w/ Benson for a 1-2 punch. Right now my ideal 1st 3 rounds would be something like:
1: OL *Unless Woodson, Ryan or Philips (and DMC ;) ) are avaliable)
2: QB
3: S
3: OL/WR/RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post

Running back is not our biggest problem.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the O-line and qb.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I have to say is this if both Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Stewart are gone when we draft or we don't take one of them with our pick, I will be pissed. I wanted Marshawn Lynch or Greg Olsen last year and we didn't get one of them and now if one of these guys don't come to us I will snap.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm following the game on ESPN Gamecast because the game isn't airing on the east coast but Benson has 4 runs for 66 yards and a 43 yarder.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
All I have to say is this if both Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Stewart are gone when we draft or we don't take one of them with our pick, I will be pissed. I wanted Marshawn Lynch or Greg Olsen last year and we didn't get one of them and now if one of these guys don't come to us I will snap.
I thought the Bear did draft Olsen, maybe you should look at Bears roster or follow their first round pick
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a Packers fan. Why he's making random comments I'm not sure.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought the Bear did draft Olsen, maybe you should look at Bears roster or follow their first round pick
He's a Packer fan, hence the name PACKman.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

ohhh yeha didn't see that, I thought he was talking about Benson, and he knew that benson sucked from last year.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um Benson didn't suck last year. Maybe you should just stop posting in this thread and save yourself.

Cedric has a ton of talent, and I still think he can put up big numbers. He just needs to run with more purpose, and well an OL would help too.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote