Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-26-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cameron Worrell is back... honestly, is there any stopping us now?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Manning gets a bad rap because of the Minnesota game where AP dominated us. We needed the ball back, and Manning decided to go for the strip instead of the tackle. He is certainly no outstanding tackler, but he isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

As for AA, god he was brutal. Steltz getting ran over yesterday was shades of AA pretty much all of last year. At least AA has a hot wife though.
Wasn't Manning the one who blew the play against Reggie Wayne in the SB? I could have remembered it was him and not Chris Harris. The year he played he consistently took bad angles as the last line of defense. RB's would simply cut and he'd be out of the play. His coverage was piss poor as well. I will say he's doing much better now and there may be some hope he turns his career around but his first years war far from decent.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
Wasn't Manning the one who blew the play against Reggie Wayne in the SB? I could have remembered it was him and not Chris Harris. The year he played he consistently took bad angles as the last line of defense. RB's would simply cut and he'd be out of the play. His coverage was piss poor as well. I will say he's doing much better now and there may be some hope he turns his career around but his first years war far from decent.
I never said it was though... I'm just saying Manning is a lot better then people give him credit for, right now.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I never said it was though... I'm just saying Manning is a lot better then people give him credit for, right now.
ahh ok. Sorry about that. I don't think its that people don't give him credit..its just that it's hard to forget what he'd continually f up on the previous years that stick in the back of peoples minds. Especially the brain lapse that sparked the Colts run in the Superbowl. *ugh*

I think he's coming along much better than expected though. Special teams has helped him a ton. He did come from a D-II school so maybe it's just taking him longer than people thought he'd need to perform at a top level in the pro's. I will say I'm impressed with his progress.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
ahh ok. Sorry about that. I don't think its that people don't give him credit..its just that it's hard to forget what he'd continually f up on the previous years that stick in the back of peoples minds. Especially the brain lapse that sparked the Colts run in the Superbowl. *ugh*

I think he's coming along much better than expected though. Special teams has helped him a ton. He did come from a D-II school so maybe it's just taking him longer than people thought he'd need to perform at a top level in the pro's. I will say I'm impressed with his progress.
Can I retract this statement please? lmaoo...I've just seen the Superbowl play all over again and he's fugging up the one thing he's proven to do really well this season. lmaooo
Old 12-28-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I don't know why he's playing FS... He should stay strictly at nickel back. I blame that on the coaching staff. I think everyone and their dogs have realized that Manning is no good at safety.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was either Manning starting or Steltz starting. I would have preferred Steltz, but I'm not sure there's a right decision there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It was either Manning starting or Steltz starting. I would have preferred Steltz, but I'm not sure there's a right decision there.
Well...we should know that Manning isn't very good starting at S. With Steltz, at least he could have been better. We also could have seen what we had in him to see how big of priority FS is going into the offseason.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well...we should know that Manning isn't very good starting at S. With Steltz, at least he could have been better. We also could have seen what we had in him to see how big of priority FS is going into the offseason.
Are there any FA's other than Dawkins?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there any FA's other than Dawkins?
I can't think of anyone good off the top of my head. Whatshisface with the name for the Rams. OJ....dunno if he's actually any good or just very lucky with receiver's hands.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh well. I predicted us to win 4 games this year, so 9-7 isn't so bad. I'll be fine if everyone comes back next year. But I expect that everyone will be on notice that missing the playoffs again is unacceptable.

Should be an interesting offseason.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god damn it. **** Nick Roach. **** Tommie Harris. **** Danieal Manning. **** this defense. **** the bears. **** the coaches for not using Forte in the 2nd qrt. jesus christ everyone die

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Oh well. I predicted us to win 4 games this year, so 9-7 isn't so bad. I'll be fine if everyone comes back next year. But I expect that everyone will be on notice that missing the playoffs again is unacceptable.

Should be an interesting offseason.
You can say that again. How many of you believe Babich will be back? I for one hope we shake things up defensively. Sad to say our defense has just fallen off the tracks a majority of the season. I expect the offense to be subpar but the defense has been a total letdown.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Steltz did play a lot, and even started the game at FS, but it wasn't pretty.

And FS is a huge need. Our secondary getting torn apart isn't all on the DE's, we got crap safeties. I would say SS could be a need as well, but one step at a time. Payne might not be able to cover a lick, but at least he can tackle.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Okay, I'd say primary needs are: FS, DE, NT, OG, and RT (in no order)

Secondary needs are: WR, SAM, FB

And additional areas needing work: Change of pace RB, DB Depth

Well, next year is gonna tell us a lot about the immediate future of this Bears team.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know why u think Payne is horrible at coverage. i mean he isnt great but he is at least average

Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

NT is not as big of a need as WR. No way in hell. Our run defense is fine.

And no quarterback? Unless Caleb Hanie is the next great thing I'd definately consider that over a fullback or another linebacker.

Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i dont know why u think Payne is horrible at coverage. i mean he isnt great but he is at least average
He is pretty bad. But, for now, we have much bigger needs to fix.

pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Steltz did play a lot, and even started the game at FS, but it wasn't pretty.

And FS is a huge need. Our secondary getting torn apart isn't all on the DE's, we got crap safeties. I would say SS could be a need as well, but one step at a time. Payne might not be able to cover a lick, but at least he can tackle.
A lot of it starts up front. A good pass rush will make mediocre db's look great. Our inability to generate a decent pass rush all season has exposed a lot of secondary players. Now I'm not saying all the blame comes from up front but if Shaub has forever and a day to pick apart the secondary its going to be a given. I'm on board for Everett Brown if he's avail. I just hope we can bring in a WR to aid this patchwork core we have sofar. Maybe let Orton spend the entire offseason throwing deep balls because its clear his accuracy beyond 15 yd's is downright pathetic.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i dont think he is bad at all given the fact that ******* babich moves him into the box on 3 and 10 he cant cover anything downfield at the line. i really cant recall a lot of mistakes payne made

Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:

And no quarterback? Unless Caleb Hanie is the next great thing I'd definately consider that over a fullback or another linebacker.
FB is never a high round pick so I wouldnt sweat it too much bearsfan. You can get solid FB's in the later rnds generally. I'm hoping we package something to Seattle for Leonard Weaver. I know this may be a pipe dream but they literally have 4 FB's on their roster.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I would be just fine with Payne as our SS, which is why I don't want Mike Brown back.

Smokey is obviously right though, we don't have a single FS on our roster.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
FB is never a high round pick so I wouldnt sweat it too much bearsfan. You can get solid FB's in the later rnds generally. I'm hoping we package something to Seattle for Leonard Weaver. I know this may be a pipe dream but they literally have 4 FB's on their roster.
I don't want to spend a draft pick on a fullback. Ever.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
lol even a 5th? lol I was really hoping we used a late rounder last year on Owen Schmidt. Apparently Seattlle struck gold with him because they plan on having him their new starter over Weaver.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

21 total TDs to 12 INTs and just a hair under 3000 yards is about the best QB season in Bears history other than Kramer's one MVPish year...all with a horrible OL, WR corps, and an ankle injury that had him hobbling around for over a month.

If we had a normal Bears defense with Orton's QB play, we'd be Super Bowl favorites.

A veteran backup like a Jeff Garcia would be fine.

Quote:
By all means, let's just keep getting McKies when other teams are getting McClains and Hillises.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote