Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 AM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
So you think we're gonna cut Anthony Adams and trade Mark Anderson? Why?
Honestly, I've got no other reason than a feeling...

Adams will be odd man out with Izzy playing both DE and DT... I think he's gonna play more DT this year.

Anderson is a heck of a situational pass rusher. I think Brown and Wale are gonna start. My feeling is Anderson is gonna call for a trade thinking he'll start somewhere else. He'll rock the boat and we'll send him off for a draft pick..
Old 05-02-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGrayisKing View Post
Honestly, I've got no other reason than a feeling...

Adams will be odd man out with Izzy playing both DE and DT... I think he's gonna play more DT this year.

Anderson is a heck of a situational pass rusher. I think Brown and Wale are gonna start. My feeling is Anderson is gonna call for a trade thinking he'll start somewhere else. He'll rock the boat and we'll send him off for a draft pick..
i dont think so with anderson. As a rookie, his best role was as a situational pass rusher and last year when he started, he just wasn't as effective and was easier to run on than brown would have been.

I think he'll try and continue to develop in a situation here where he can get sacks as a pass rusher and when his contract is up in another 2 year (1 year plus RFA i think) go somehwere else for big money or something....

You just don't see many 2nd or 3rd year guys demanding trades....
Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but i do think we ditch either him or bazuin in the next year or two.

please, someones gonna want one of them pretty badly next year... a second or third really wouldn't be unlikely to ask for anderson...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk...the giants showed that you can win with a dominant d-line and we're pretty set at end with all of those guys...

plus wale isn't the youngest pup anymore. it may be him after another year or two that goes
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First day of mini-camp news tidbit....Forte already looks better than Benson from the Bear Report.

Can't wait to hear how the boys did in their first day.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize Marcus Monk ran a 4.4 40 on his pro day. How the hell did this guy fall to the 7th round?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
I didn't realize Marcus Monk ran a 4.4 40 on his pro day. How the hell did this guy fall to the 7th round?
Injury concerns I think.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never seen him catch a ball in the couple games I've seen. I hope he develops but I doubt he actually does.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never seen him catch a ball in the couple games I've seen. I hope he develops but I doubt he actually does.
What games were you watching? Pre-injury he was a stud. He was bogged down his senior year with his knee. Monk has some very nice ability.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Aye, Monk could be the big target we need a few years down the line. He just has to make the team and I'm pulling for him to do it...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
What games were you watching? Pre-injury he was a stud. He was bogged down his senior year with his knee. Monk has some very nice ability.
Don't remember but he dropped a couple balls in the games I saw. Wasn't really impressed.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adawale isn't a young man anymore, and I think he only has a year or two left in him to be an above average starter.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Adawale isn't a young man anymore, and I think he only has a year or two left in him to be an above average starter.
like what this brilliant football genius said earlier today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
idk...the giants showed that you can win with a dominant d-line and we're pretty set at end with all of those guys...

plus wale isn't the youngest pup anymore. it may be him after another year or two that goes
lol...just messing with ya man
Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
like what this brilliant football genius said earlier today:

lol...just messing with ya man
lol, I didn't see that. All I saw was that guy talking about how we have "too much" DE depth.

Also, Adams ain't getting cut, unless he shows up at camp out of shape and preforms terribly. As of this moment, Adams is our 3rd best DT. Hell, maybe even no. 2. Harrison and Dvoracek, while I like them, haven't proven ****. And forgive me if I don't have a crazy man crush on Toeanna (sp?) because of 2 plays like everyone else.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 05-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I want to go to the Bears practices does anyone have any info about where it is, when and such? will +rep. thanks.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

Only time will tell, but out of both predictions I'm very confident that Adams is gone by season start.

Anderson was a little bit more of a flyer, but I think one of our DE's will be traded.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut Archuletta. That is all.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to go to the Bears practices does anyone have any info about where it is, when and such? will +rep. thanks.
I dont know about now, but once the summer starts and training camp goes down they are at Olivette Nazarine in Bourbonnais,IL which is right near..well nothing really. Bourbonnais and Kankakee and Bradley all kinda conjoin into one area, but its cool. I dont know if that is what you are looking for, but thats TC info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We cut Archuletta. That is all.
I was just gonna say that.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Training Camp is awesome at Bourbonnais, went there like 5 years ago and had a blast. I highly recommend making the trip, as I hope to do sometime when they start up.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And good news for Marcus Monk supporters, according to Meyer and Christ, two Bears writers they believed he made the most improvement in camp from Friday to Sunday. Really made an effort to catch the ball with his hands, worked on his route running, picked up the plays quickly, caught the ball well, and displayed highlight reel ability. We got ourselves a gem fellas. And Bennett wasn't too shabby either. ;)

Quote:
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Training Camp is awesome at Bourbonnais, went there like 5 years ago and had a blast. I highly recommend making the trip, as I hope to do sometime when they start up.
Yeah, my dad grew up there so he was more than willing to make the trip lol. We went I think 2 years in a row, but because of my job last year, and again this year we will miss it. If anyone goes down there, I would reccomend a little resturant called JR's. Anyone wanting any info on it, just hit me w/ a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Alright guys it's been delayed but here are my thoughts on your draft-

The Bears graded higher than any other team in my book and this is the 3rd year in a row I have had the Bears in the top 3. It just seems like Angelo and I look for the same thing in players.

Chris Williams has the highest upside of any LT in this draft and the lack of power concerns are overblown. The games I watched on Vandy, they ran behind him every time the tough yards were needed and not once did he get overpowered. Is he Jake Long in that department? No, but you don't need him to be. You need a better pass protector on the blind side because a lot of Grossman's inconsistency comes from that lack of confidence in the pocket. He'll be a nice player for you guys and has Walter Jones type strengths.

Wasn't the biggest fan of the Forte pick but if you want a power back, he's your guy in that spot. I think Ray Rice would have been better value but he'll struggle to be an every down back I think, although you could say the same thing about Forte.

The two 3rd round picks were the main reason I loved this draft class for you guys. I had Bennett as my #3 WR and and Harrison as my #3 DT and to grab both in the 3rd was outstanding value. Bennett is a sure thing at WR that won't be the deep threat Berrian was, but you talk about a reliable catch everything receiver Grossman needs to lean on, you have it in Bennett. I'm telling you right now, there is a lot about this kid that makes me think Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Will he have their careers? Probably not but you guys will love him. Harrison is a physical marvel that moved liked a 310 pound DE this past year despite being less than a year removed from a torn ACL. If he stays at that weight and does not lose his ability to shoot the gaps, that DT tandem is going to elevate your defense to 2006 status. His ceiling is that high.

Not sure Steltz will fit in with the lack of range as I see him having the same issues Arch had in your defense. However he plays fast on the field and he is a smart kid who can help a team in a ton of ways if coached properly. Bowman's deal is commonly known....it all resides on his legs. If healthy, he'll prove to be a physical nickel back that can make a play on the ball. This is about where I expected him to go...another high ceiling here.

I'lll end with Kellen Davis and Kirk Barton. I am one of the few that bought into Davis because of the physicall tools he has and launched him into the top 3 ranking of the TE in my book. Sure he is huge, fast, physical...but the thing he does the best is catch the ball with his hands. That is something a lot of young TEs take too long to grasp and he has it. Have to love the attitude he brings to the table and the potential is sky high for you guys to have a nasty 2 TE set. Barton went a lot lower than I thought he would and while I don't think he can be a starter early on, he has the versatility you want in that 6th lineman. He was never dominant in college but he was as reliable as they come and ask Wells at Ohio State who his favorite lineman was. They always ran behind Barton when the tough yards were needed and if he can add some strength to his lower body, you could have yourself a solid starter a couple years down the line.

Very solid draft here by Angelo and you guys should be ecstatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

good read number 10, im glad to see someone appreciate what JA has been able to do.

and im also glad you could overlook the fact we didnt take a QB when giving us a ranking. so many people get lost in that fact that they dont realize we got 4 potential starters with our first 4 picks. (maybe even steltz too so that # could jump to our first 5 picks) Williams has franchise LT potential, Forte is a powerful inside runner the bears always like (and thought they had in benson but no dice), bennett is a very polished reciever and my never be great but he should certainly be good and harrison is just the big body we need next to tommie harris.

im kind of curious as to what scott will say about the draft....i hear it get praise from the people who overlook not taking a QB and i hear it get bashed all to hell for those that cant.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
good read number 10, im glad to see someone appreciate what JA has been able to do.

and im also glad you could overlook the fact we didnt take a QB when giving us a ranking. so many people get lost in that fact that they dont realize we got 4 potential starters with our first 4 picks. (maybe even steltz too so that # could jump to our first 5 picks) Williams has franchise LT potential, Forte is a powerful inside runner the bears always like (and thought they had in benson but no dice), bennett is a very polished reciever and my never be great but he should certainly be good and harrison is just the big body we need next to tommie harris.

im kind of curious as to what scott will say about the draft....i hear it get praise from the people who overlook not taking a QB and i hear it get bashed all to hell for those that cant.
I remember telling you guys after the Giants-Bears game in December that priority #1 is without a doubt the offensive line. Your aging in the trenches and the guys you have there are mediocre anyway...not a good situation. We can joke about Grossman non-stop but when all is said and done, he can win games. He is not a franchise type, not a Pro-Bowl type, but he can get the job done. That line has not helped his cause and there have been some other factors that have not gone his way.

Honestly, can anyone really get upset about passing on guys like Henne or Brohm? Neither of those two have shown me they will be anything better than what you've got other than the unknown factor. I'm not saying Grossman is the future but by no means should Angelo have gone after one hard and overpayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote