Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really starting to think the lack of run defense falls on Babich. Personel-wise we're essentially the same team as last year. I suppose the changes made at a defensive tackle position could have some effect, but the best run stopper on the team right now is probably Anthony Adams so I don't see that. It just seems like there are far too many holes and far too few people to fill those holes. I hate to call for Babich's head after one year, particularly cause he seems like a great guy, but I'm not sure he's up for the job quite frankly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Ron Rivera in that, under Rivera, I think we mixed up our defensive calls more. I know Lovie wants to run cover 2 most of the time, but I liked it better when we mixed things up and challenged teams to adjust. Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe Babich has mixed things up, but sure feels like we've called cover 2 a lot more this year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think our Run D was really that good last year either. They were getting gashed all of last season to. The only difference was that the offense was keeping the D off the field a lot more the first half of last season. Sure Babich and Lovie deserve a lot of the blame for this season, but it seems to me that most teams have the cover 2 and the variations of it figured out pretty well.

Another big reason why we can't stop the run is it seems our dline is always pass rushing and taking themselves out of the play. Then the offensive lineman just go and block Briggs and Urlacher. Better playcalling could fix this. Drafting a fatass DT to take up space would also help.

Last edited by k0ng : 12-03-2007 at 12:21 PM.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

It seems to be whenever I watch the Bears that they struggle against the stretch play more than anything in regard to the ground game. That could be attributed to an overly aggressive front seven that get by on athleticism more than power, thus the RB can just sit and wait for them to make their move and shoot for the vacated lane. Ward did that on a few occasions and it helped to have Madison Hedgecock mauling whoever got into his path. He played the game of his life yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I miss Ron Rivera in that, under Rivera, I think we mixed up our defensive calls more. I know Lovie wants to run cover 2 most of the time, but I liked it better when we mixed things up and challenged teams to adjust. Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe Babich has mixed things up, but sure feels like we've called cover 2 a lot more this year.
To quote 51 we've played alot more cover 2 since not having Vasher and Brown.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am I the only one that would love to bring in a fat 330+ lb run stuffer for the DLine?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
am I the only one that would love to bring in a fat 330+ lb run stuffer for the DLine?
If he could get to the QB then definetly.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports LB Lance Briggs and the Bears have come to terms on a long-term contract extension.

Briggs, who is currently playing under the one-year franchise tender, has played hurt all season but still performed at a high level. Terms of the deal aren't yet available.
Hooray if true!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We could. But then Lovie would make him lose about 40 lbs. Lovie's infatuation with pass rush inspite of run D upsets me sometimes.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I don't have a problem with speed over size. I think Lovie's bend but don't break mentality is the wisest course of action in today's NFL. The problem is that people simply aren't making tackles. 9 times out of 10 Danieal Manning shouldn't even count as a defender against the run.

Nice to hear about Briggs if true too. I'll be interested in the numbers and if this makes him the highest paid player on the team. Tillman's deal is currently numero uno, and I personally doubt they would go much higher than that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Actually I don't have a problem with speed over size. I think Lovie's bend but don't break mentality is the wisest course of action in today's NFL. The problem is that people simply aren't making tackles. 9 times out of 10 Danieal Manning shouldn't even count as a defender against the run.

Nice to hear about Briggs if true too. I'll be interested in the numbers and if this makes him the highest paid player on the team. Tillman's deal is currently numero uno, and I personally doubt they would go much higher than that.
I don't either, but it'd be nice to have a big fatass run stuffer for obvious running downs and goal line stands.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I don't argue with speed vs size emphasis but it appears sometimes that Lovie tends to disregard the influence of personnel on run defense. Game after game of giving up record numbers in rushing all we hear is that the players aren't executing his scheme properly rather than admitting that it was probably a bad idea to start Mark Anderson over Alex Brown.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

If this Briggs rumor is true, what do you guy guys think about replacing Hillenmeyer with Jamar Williams or Okwo? Jamar is a beast on ST and sure looks much more athletic than Hunter. I'm pretty sick of watching Hunter miss tackles.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about the Briggs rumor is it probably isn't true. It's PFT after all.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
If this Briggs rumor is true, what do you guy guys think about replacing Hillenmeyer with Jamar Williams or Okwo? Jamar is a beast on ST and sure looks much more athletic than Hunter. I'm pretty sick of watching Hunter miss tackles.
no... Hillenmeyer is so ******* underrated.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunter is a solid SLB. He's not gonna put up Patrick Willis numbers but he does exactly what is expected off him and he matches up extrememly well with his size against TE's.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was going to say that I like bigger guys than Hillenmeyer to play SLB, but ChicagoBears.com lists him bigger than he looks @ 6-4, 238.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't either, but it'd be nice to have a big fatass run stuffer for obvious running downs and goal line stands.
Oh John Henderson...

I agree... If anything pick up some big boy in the late rounds, i'm sure they're'll be some fatass 350-360 monster dude available who we can groom into said run-stuffer

secondly, yes, hunter is WAY underrated. he's solid. and that's more than our entire DB corps can say.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

I hope Rex didn't tear his ACL again. Even if he did, there's no way we should draft a young QB and let him get killed behind that poor excuse we call an offensive line.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Hopefully it is now Kyle Orton's time to show us what he's got...

Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw from Garrett Wolfe today, he wasnt amazing, but he did a nice job blocking from what I saw, and did a nice job recieving out of the backfield. Him getting tackled is funny to watch just b/c the defender just wraps their arm around him and takes him to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I liked what I saw from Garrett Wolfe today, he wasnt amazing, but he did a nice job blocking from what I saw, and did a nice job recieving out of the backfield. Him getting tackled is funny to watch just b/c the defender just wraps their arm around him and takes him to the ground.
that's usually what happens in a tackle... what you should of said is that the defender smothers him to the ground... or envelops him to the ground.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
that's usually what happens in a tackle... what you should of said is that the defender smothers him to the ground... or envelops him to the ground.
It was more the one arm takedown, kinda like if you wrestle your littler cousin or brother. Just funny to see it in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Miller should have continued to be benched.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for you Bears fans who might know, do you guys think you will resign Berrian in the offseason?? He is really starting to emerge as a standout wr and not just a deep threat, you guys do have Davis and Bradley, I wasnt sure if the organization felt they wanted to keep him or let him walk and give the younger guys a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote