Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Thanksgiving Thread

Ok it's coming up on us somewhat surprising how fast for me, so discuss everything thanksgiving here. From the food, stories, tell what you are thankful for, what you will be doing, the sports, everything. For our Canadian and British Friends, feel free to join in, we love all. Greatest day of the year, Family, food, football, and for me atleast seasonal action. I'll start off by giving you my thanksgiving meal every year, best meal of the year you can't beat it. I usually lose the feeling in my fingers for a couple hours, so here it is, feel free to take ideas:

Your standard deep fried Turkey. The quintessential for any thanksgiving meal, my grandma used to make it I do know, although I will admit I am a pssy and I am always afraid of getting burnt with hot oil so I wear long sleeves whenever I deep fry anything. This is my one job for thanksgiving make the Turkey, which is actually the most important part, you screw up the Turkey, you screw up thanksgiving. If anyone wants tips just give me a holler. Personally I use peanut oil, it's the best. The dry rub you use is up to you, for my seasoning I use a lot of garlic to go with the basic, pepper, salt, etc. Of course with Dressing inside. The dressing inside the Turkey is the greatest, we always have to have extra stuffing of course. Not sure what my auntie puts in her stuffing but it's got all kinds of nuts, and what not, but a personal no no for me is raisins or cranberries in my stuffing. It really does just ruin the taste of it so I always insist against it.

Giblet Gravy. Giblet gravy is the ish, Turkey just wouldn't taste the same without this gravy. You need to buy the turkey Giblets, it's like the heart, neck and some other stuff of the turkey. Just put some Chicken stock, some pepper, a couple eggs, and some uncooked stuffing for consistency and it's a money recipe. You really can't beat it. Also for simplicity just take the excess Turkey juices put it in a pan and add your favorite stock.

Macaroni is huge in my household, growing up and still to this day. Thatís why we make both a Macaroni Casserole as well as just simple plain old fashioned Mac N cheese. The casserole is heavenly, using stuffing as both crust on the bottom and sides, it is also used on top. It is a crunchy stuffing topping followed by a warm and smooth mac n cheese inside, with the bottom a crunchy crust. There is honestly no better side in the world. The plain old simple Mac N cheese is another side dish perfect to go with your food. Test with different cheese's chedder, Asiago, whatever you like best.

Skillet Cornbread+Stuffed Cornbread. We eat two types of cornbread, the standard skilet cornbread and our stuffed cornbread. It is stuffed with Sour Cream, cheese, onions, and a little Garlic, it's pretty amazing I must say.

Spinach Mashed Potatoes. There is really only two rules in making Mashed potatoes, actually mash potatoes as the powder stuff is nasty, also use as much butter as you can. Personally we put in cream of spinach as scallions, but it is pretty simple.

Sliced Canned Cranberries. It's simple buy a can, slice it up, put it on the table. No one in my family really likes it but it's just there, I'll get a little on the side but no big deal if I don't get any. I actually liked these sliced canned one's than a fresh cranberry sauce. To some cranberry sauce is important but for me I could care less.

Honey glazed ham. My grandma always brings it now, but bleh don't really like Ham.

Collard Greens. It's really the only vegetables I eat on thanksgiving, they complement the entire meal very nicely.

Catfish Gumbo. My sister makes it but I helped her last year but I have a general idea of what she puts in there. Basically the rule is put as much as you can in it. Shrimps, Crabs, Catfish, bacon,muscles basically everything you can find. Make sure you put garlic powder and tabasco.

Paella with Chicken, Sausages, and Shrimp. Usually it's either gumbo or Paella. On a special year it's both. Usually if it's cold it's gumbo, if it's warmer it's Paella, both are money so I could care less.

Salmon Puff Pastry. Simple to make, buy some puff pastry I get mine from the Pepperage farm store. Just fill the pastry with Cream of Spinach and Salmon and bake. I actually prefer pre cooking the salmon a little to avoid a risen dough but raw salmon inside.

Like there is room for dessert but sweet potato Pie and sometimes apple crumb pie, or pumpking cream cheese pie.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE Thanksgiving. A holiday based around food. How can it get any better?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I LOVE Thanksgiving. A holiday based around food. How can it get any better?
by having football played on it every year, oh wait ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

football, turkey, football.......

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
football, turkey, football.......
That plus family and friends is a good time. Can't wait.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pumpkin Pie . . . can't wait.

A meaningful Lions game for once as well . . . should be nice.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of a very funny skit from SNL...

Will Ferrell: Well it's Thanksgiving time! It's such a great day now! Turkey and bread and plenty of stuffing!
Chris Kattan: It's Thanksgiving time! It's time for Jell-O! Watch some T.V. maybe have some grape Kool-Aid!
Chris Kattan: Oooooh! I think I dig your stuff!
Will Ferrell: I think I dig your stuff!
Will Ferrell: Well it's Thanksgiving time! I love your new blazer! Your sleeves are pushed up it looks pretty awesome!
Chris Kattan: Well thank you my friend! Your so kind to say so! Your eyes are so blue, I think that I like them!
Will Ferrell: Well it's Thanksgiving time! Let's go get a burger! Maybe some fries! Let's go take a car ride!
Chris Kattan: Go to a motel! Drink a gallon of brandy! Hang out in robes and see what develops!
Chris Kattan: Oooooh! I think I dig your stuff!
Will Ferrell: I think I dig your...
[They Kiss]
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My dad makes the best stuffing balls. So good.

Turkey, mashed pataters, gravy, cranberry sauce, football...What else does a man need?
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they have greens and gumbo up in VA?? and you should add cayenne pepper and thyme to help make it a cajun fried turkey since you are having the gumbo and all. whole damn thing looks great except maybe the spinach mashed taters.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

BTW...Food + Football + Family + Friends = Best Holiday Ever (better than Christmas, IMO)
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanksgiving is the best holiday in the world, by far. I can't wait until I stuff myself silly.

Too bad none of the games are all the good... yet again (what was the last truly good afternoon matchup on thanksgiving?)

Packers @ Lions - meh
Jets @ Cowboys - oh yeah, real good one
Colts @ Falcons - what were they thinking???

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 11-12-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah you're making me hungry

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
BTW...Food + Football + Family + Friends = Best Holiday Ever (better than Christmas, IMO)
I personally think the NFL Draft Saturday is a holiday, but yes Thanksgiving>Xmas
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There is nothing like celebrating the savage beating and raping of the indians.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
I personally think the NFL Draft Saturday is a holiday, but yes Thanksgiving>Xmas
except round one will be on friday. lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
they have greens and gumbo up in VA?? and you should add cayenne pepper and thyme to help make it a cajun fried turkey since you are having the gumbo and all. whole damn thing looks great except maybe the spinach mashed taters.
My dads from Birmingham and my Mom's from Atlanta so we have that southern blood.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
thanksgiving is the best holiday in the world, by far. I can't wait until I stuff myself silly.

Too bad none of the games are all the good... yet again (what was the last truly good afternoon matchup on thanksgiving?)

Packers @ Lions - meh
Jets @ Cowboys - oh yeah, real good one
Colts @ Falcons - what were they thinking???
Oh hush you bitter Bears fan. Two likely playoff teams that are 1 and 2 in the division is about as good as you can get.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanksgivings already passed silly.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Packers and Lions could be a war. Likely the most competitive of those games.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

The Packers winning would be nice. :)
Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Thanksgivings already passed silly.
Get ur Canadian ass out of here. I thought u all went to bed at 5. Go away aye.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My favorite time of the year. My family and I go down to my cousins house in Pittsburgh for like 3 days.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are gonna end the Cowboys streak on Thanksgiving. This is because I have a friend whos an arrogant Cowboys fan, andd karmas a bicth.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Get ur Canadian ass out of here. I thought u all went to bed at 5. Go away aye.
It's "eh".
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to get stoned silly, watch a lot of football, and grub the **** out on Thanksgiving.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote