Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to get blasted for this, but I dont like turkey.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You must have never tasted deep fried turkey then.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
You must have never tasted deep fried turkey then.

I haven't, I probably would like that more. Regular turkey is way to dry for me.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Salmon Puff Pastry could give someone a seizure.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I haven't, I probably would like that more. Regular turkey is way to dry for me.
It's called gravy n00b.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Do you not have a heart. Turkey isnt just a food but rather a symbol of memoriable moments.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used to love it. My family would go down to my aunts house in VA, watch football and have a HUGE meal. big family(mom's side, one of 7) always some big laughs. Havent liked it this and last year because I cant eat much at all. The morning after thanksgiving is the infamous "no ball" tryout for basketball. 9am start, ends at 11 and is PURE RUNNING. you have no idea. Alumni come and watch while eating donuts. after a 2 hour break, we have a normal try out(no walk in the park either) followed by 2 more sessions on that saturday. the last 3 arent as hard as no ball, but your legs are dying and you lose your will to walk any longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My dads from Birmingham and my Mom's from Atlanta so we have that southern blood.
ok that explains a lot. i know you had to have someone from down here in your fam.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That must mean youre a...

Just joking. I used to not like turkey, but then I tasted the greatest turkey ever down in NC. Cant remember how it was cooked but it was excellent.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i used to love it. My family would go down to my aunts house in VA, watch football and have a HUGE meal. big family(mom's side, one of 7) always some big laughs. Havent liked it this and last year because I cant eat much at all. The morning after thanksgiving is the infamous "no ball" tryout for basketball. 9am start, ends at 11 and is PURE RUNNING. you have no idea. Alumni come and watch while eating donuts. after a 2 hour break, we have a normal try out(no walk in the park either) followed by 2 more sessions on that saturday. the last 3 arent as hard as no ball, but your legs are dying and you lose your will to walk any longer
F that, i'd quit. no way i would pass up thanksgiving.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn...I wash Canadians took Thanksgiving as seriously as Americans...I want a four day holiday :( (I asuume you guys get Thursday and Friday off)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
damn...I wash Canadians took Thanksgiving as seriously as Americans...I want a four day holiday :( (I asuume you guys get Thursday and Friday off)
Thanksgiving is on a thursday.

I get off 1/2 a day the day before, then I go back to school on monday.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Thanksgiving is on a thursday.

I get off 1/2 a day the day before, then I go back to school on monday.
we get all wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
F that, i'd quit. no way i would pass up thanksgiving.
Isn't Thanksgiving generally a dinner-time thing? Don't see how he would miss Thanksgiving.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Isn't Thanksgiving generally a dinner-time thing? Don't see how he would miss Thanksgiving.
it is more all day stuff. at least it is in my family. a good 8 hours

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's the only one that's not a bigger inconvenience than it's worth.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I remember middle school basketball (my high school coach was so much easier...barely made us run)...ugh I hated it. Probably not as bad as what you have to go through but we had to do endless 40s, suidcies, run the stairs. Weight runs. Brutal.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am one of the youngest of all my cousins so most of them are in their late twenties and in the 30's and we always on thanksgiving lunch time play a flag football game against the local boys and girls club flag team(My Aunt runs it and organizes this thing). They are mostly 17-18 year olds but fast as hell. Last year we lost by two touchdowns, but that's because my fat cousin Petey insisted on being QB, but this year my little cousin who's 16 is playing QB, but he's a backup varsity QB at his high school.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I am one of the youngest of all my cousins so most of them are in their late twenties and in the 30's and we always on thanksgiving lunch time play a flag football game against the local boys and girls club flag team(My Aunt runs it and organizes this thing). They are mostly 17-18 year olds but fast as hell. Last year we lost by two touchdowns, but that's because my fat cousin Petey insisted on being QB, but this year my little cousin who's 16 is playing QB, but he's a backup varsity QB at his high school.
thats a fun tradition. make their thanksgiving fun, while making yours fun too.

Quote:

Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
I remember middle school basketball (my high school coach was so much easier...barely made us run)...ugh I hated it. Probably not as bad as what you have to go through but we had to do endless 40s, suidcies, run the stairs. Weight runs. Brutal.
My high school basketball coach was the best. The only conditioning we did was a fast break drill.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
My high school basketball coach was the best. The only conditioning we did was a fast break drill.
That's weak, when I played JV basketball my freshman year the first three days of tryouts was strictly on the tracks and weight room, at least 30 kids were cut first day just cause they couldn't run the 5 miles.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's weak, when I played JV basketball my freshman year the first three days of tryouts was strictly on the tracks and weight room, at least 30 kids were cut first day just cause they couldn't run the 5 miles.
Meh, not to be arrogant but we were better served without wasting time on conditioning. Already a very athletic team and basically everybody was in shape. Plus, we play right after football season (and most guys play both sports) so the conditioning was already there. Plus we had been practicing for months before our first game so you get into condition just from running through drills.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Meh, not to be arrogant but we were better served without wasting time on conditioning. Already a very athletic team and basically everybody was in shape. Plus, we play right after football season (and most guys play both sports) so the conditioning was already there. Plus we had been practicing for months before our first game so you get into condition just from running through drills.
Yeah I understand that, although football condition and basketball condition are two entirely different things.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah I understand that, although football condition and basketball condition are two entirely different things.
True, although we were practicing basketball before the first football game even happened so most guys would catch up with the basketball conditioning pretty fast. A lot of our players were runningbacks, receivers, track athletes, etc. also which helped.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My father makes a "beer butt chicken". Im not exactly sure how he does it. But he sticks a beer can (half full) up the chickens butt, and grills it for however long. Juicy and delicious.

Edit: google imaged it, and realized its not very secret?