Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Yahoo sports rips into Turner, Cottrell, Smith

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

This article can best be described as a "WOW". Michael Silver absolutely rips Norv Turner as a coach and AJ Smith for being an egomaniac. The most eyebrow-raising parts of the article are some of the (unnamed) player reactions after last night's game -

Quote:
"We have the best running back in football, and yet we don't sense a commitment to the running game," one veteran said Sunday night. "Last year, teams put eight in the box against us, and we ran anyway and found a way to be successful. That set up the play action, which fueled our passing game. This year, it seems like we run because we're supposed to; it balances out our passing attack. But it's not like being physical at the point of attack and running the ball is our personality."

Meanwhile, eight days ago in Minneapolis, the Chargers' once-vaunted defense got pushed around and gave up 296 rushing yards to one player, the Vikings' Adrian Peterson. "A lot of guys were wondering how we could sit back and play zone all game while he was doing that to us," another Chargers veteran said. "It's like Cottrell is going to do it his way, and that's the only way he knows, and he won't come off of it. If you look at it, he's been fired from his last two jobs, and guys are questioning whether he's the right man for this one."
It's fairly easy to see that the climate in the locker room isn't good right now. In AJ's mind, things weren't supposed to change at all. The playbooks are the same, but the difference is in the philosophy. I just hope he does the right thing if the team continues to underachieve.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I saw this article before and I didn't know what to think...I don't know what to say about the Chargers veterans or players who supposedly said things like that; but then I wonder what to think on why there were left unnamed? Are these guys minorities on the team? Guys who don't fit with the team chemistry? Who knows who it is...

Though I kind of agree with what they say. It's the AJ Smith bashing I hate. He has an ego. So does Bellichek, yet hes praised by the media as a coach. So do most NFL players/Coaches/Executives at some level. It wouldn't be good if they didn't have some ego. AJ's may be over the top, but the guys one mistake is bringing in all this critisicm that he should be fired? He built this team, and he's done enough to good to compensate that one bad choice.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the players loved marty ball the last couple of years which is why they had so much success. they loved playing for him too bad AJ Smiths big ego got in the way to **** things up.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
the players loved marty ball the last couple of years which is why they had so much success. they loved playing for him too bad AJ Smiths big ego got in the way to **** things up.
Marty didn't have an ego at all either...who got the talent there that it could even be ****** up in the first place?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I loved this article.. call me crazy but i thought it was dead on accurate and I'm glad someone wrote something like it.. especiallly the part where he touchdes on LT being mad..

still i feel that more blame has to be put on rivers, and hes just skating by without any kind of heat... why is this? listen to all the excuses for him.. its like saying the sun was in his eyes... all year..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
I loved this article.. call me crazy but i thought it was dead on accurate and I'm glad someone wrote something like it.. especiallly the part where he touchdes on LT being mad..

still i feel that more blame has to be put on rivers, and hes just skating by without any kind of heat... why is this? listen to all the excuses for him.. its like saying the sun was in his eyes... all year..
You don't think there is blame and scrutiny has been put on Rivers? Everytime a discussion of the Chargers come up, next to coaching, the biggest concern is always Rivers...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
You don't think there is blame and scrutiny has been put on Rivers? Everytime a discussion of the Chargers come up, next to coaching, the biggest concern is always Rivers...
well whatever heat rives was getting, probably will die down for a little while after his fake 3tds..

now that ive said that, i think i can officially call myself skip bayless and river, lebron james. Nothing rivers can do is good enough, perhaps rightly so.

regardless, hes gotta step up his play in away games.. especially seeing as how hes been put into a leading position and LT is kinda on the back burner..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
well whatever heat rives was getting, probably will die down for a little while after his fake 3tds..

now that ive said that, i think i can officially call myself skip bayless and river, lebron james. Nothing rivers can do is good enough, perhaps rightly so.

regardless, hes gotta step up his play in away games.. especially seeing as how hes been put into a leading position and LT is kinda on the back burner..
Alright c'mon...I know you don't think he "earned them" but fake TD's? So should we now discount every TD Peyton Manning or Tom Brady throws to open receivers? I'd rather Rivers get touchdowns like that, then throw it into double coverage like Brady and have Moss catch it...