Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moses do you know the feeling a murdered gets when he kills someone? How about someone involved in a dog fight? So how are you going to comment on something when you have no idea how it feels to actually do it, and you're comparing hunting to murdering a human or torturing dogs, and you're wondering why people aren't taking you seriously in this thread?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
If you've ever been hunting, which I know you haven't, you'd know that a majority of the times you go out, you don't get anything. It's not this 'go off to a 100 square yard island with one deer' fantasy like thing that you seem to make it out to be. So, during that waiting, which you will do a lot of, you notice random little things that escape the eye so frequently. It's kind of hard to explain, but really, don't talk about something you really have no understanding of.

And, as I see it, 1 deer could die relatively instantly by gun shot, or be hit by a car, slowly dieing on the side of the road, starvation, etc. People don't hunt deer because they're 'mean.' It's pretty much a necissity to control the population.
So then take a walk, and notice the little things that escape the eye so frequently. At the end of the day you aren't there to do this, you are there to shoot a deer.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love how every year this thread turns out this way, except this year no keak.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duck Hunt on SNES was pretty sweet..
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
i love how every year this thread turns out this way, except this year no keak.
Haha, yes. I believe this is my third hunter vs. nonhunter discussion on this board. It's so fun!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So then take a walk, and notice the little things that escape the eye so frequently. At the end of the day you aren't there to do this, you are there to shoot a deer.
How in the hell would some city slicker from Jersey know anything about life outside from hair gel...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
How in the hell would some city slicker from Jersey know anything about life outside from hair gel...?
Actually there is a decent amount of hunting here as well. Jersey has the mountains up north and the Pine Barrens down south. For me personally, I'd rather just watch the deer to enjoy nature rather than shooting them.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
LOL city slicker.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Moses do you know the feeling a murdered gets when he kills someone? How about someone involved in a dog fight? So how are you going to comment on something when you have no idea how it feels to actually do it, and you're comparing hunting to murdering a human or torturing dogs, and you're wondering why people aren't taking you seriously in this thread?
You obviously have little to no reading comprehension skills. You have completely missed my point.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags#7 View Post
Hunting is for dumb hicks. Only a stupid redneck would sit in the woods from the crack of dawn to get some meat n' antlers when I can drive to the butcher and get some meat in about 10 minutes. Dumb hicks.
Yep, only a stupid jock would actually go out and play football with his friends when he can just sit on his couch and watch a game on TV. F'n idiots. Why go deep sea diving when you can just flip over to National Geographic at your own leisure? What kind of lowlife would ever even consider actually participating in the killing of the meat that they and their family will be eating? Stupid rednecks.

Oh, and could you please recommend a good butcher who sells fresh venison? I, like most people, can't just walk down to my local market and purchase venison like it seems you are able to do without a second thought. There are far more than just 3 animals that taste good to us humans. A fact that most butchers forgot a long time ago.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People shouldn't be criticizing and degrading people who hunt. It's just something they do. There's no reason they can't have their own thread to discuss their hobby.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Using a gun to kill an an animal while its looking to feed sure sounds manly to me. Why let girls in a thread like this. And I'm no PETA freak, I just don't get the point or thrill. Shoot at something that can shoot back at least.
Just let the faceless companies handle your dirty work for you instead, eh? I agree, it is much more admirable to hire a hitman to cage these animals up and slaughter them one by one when they really are in a defenseless state. Do you know how difficult it is to find and kill a deer in its own habitat?

As far as the "manly" thing goes, is it more manly to go out and find a woman to experience the real thing with, or is it more manly to hire a hooker to give you a handjob? Hunting is manly, when the alternative is sitting on your ass being spoon-fed. Whether or not being "manly" is a desirable trait or not is another question. I happen to think it is, seeing that my nuts dropped quite some time ago.

The ever escalating sterilization of our society is amazing to me in the sense that the majority is either ignorant of it, or they embrace it. Those who object to killing an animal for food may as well just kill themselves, imo. Life cannot exist without death.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Just let the faceless companies handle your dirty work for you instead, eh? I agree, it is much more admirable to hire a hitman to cage these animals up and slaughter them one by one when they really are in a defenseless state. Do you know how difficult it is to find and kill a deer in its own habitat?

As far as the "manly" thing goes, is it more manly to go out and find a woman to experience the real thing with, or is it more manly to hire a hooker to give you a handjob? Hunting is manly, when the alternative is sitting on your ass being spoon-fed. Whether or not being "manly" is a desirable trait or not is another question. I happen to think it is, seeing that my nuts dropped quite some time ago.

The ever escalating sterilization of our society is amazing to me in the sense that the majority is either ignorant of it, or they embrace it. Those who object to killing an animal for food may as well just kill themselves, imo. Life cannot exist without death.
Deep...

Boob
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously but, great points. Sure it is everything you said it is but still not everyone is going to understand it as much as you try. i'll be honest, i don't get it at all (as good as you make it sound), but i'm not going to grill people that do enjoy all these things
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Haha, yes. I believe this is my third hunter vs. nonhunter discussion on this board. It's so fun!
we had like an hour long debate on this in small animal class (didnt sign up for it, only class that fit i guess) anyway it was pretty much one girl against the class. she kept saying that it was inhumane to hunt and shoot deer because they could suffer for awhile before they die. she said we should "trap" them, lock em in a cage, and execute (execute is my word choice :) ) the deer like a cow. thats so much better then killing a deer unexpectedly.

anyway i got my license today and its from when i first got the license (when i was 12 i think) it says i am 5'0 85 pounds haha
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
we had like an hour long debate on this in small animal class (didnt sign up for it, only class that fit i guess) anyway it was pretty much one girl against the class. she kept saying that it was inhumane to hunt and shoot deer because they could suffer for awhile before they die. she said we should "trap" them, lock em in a cage, and execute (execute is my word choice :) ) the deer like a cow. thats so much better then killing a deer unexpectedly.

anyway i got my license today and its from when i first got the license (when i was 12 i think) it says i am 5'0 85 pounds haha
Does the girl know, to kill pigs and cows, all they do is cut their throat. Then they hang them upside down, to let the blood run out. For the most part, they're alive until after they have been hanging for a few minutes.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
People shouldn't be criticizing and degrading people who hunt. It's just something they do. There's no reason they can't have their own thread to discuss their hobby.
What? I don't care if people want to hunt, go for it. I'm sure most people here don't really care, but since it started with all non hunters being called women, we argued back about why we don't.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Does the girl know, to kill pigs and cows, all they do is cut their throat. Then they hang them upside down, to let the blood run out. For the most part, they're alive until after they have been hanging for a few minutes.
i dont think so, but i did bring up that they beat chickens before they kill them so the body releases adrenaline, thus making the meat tasty. so i wonder if you shoot a deer on the run, will it taste better?
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:

In my opinion if you want to act tough and be manly, and carry a riffle then join the army. Atleast there if your waiting for your opponent they will be shooting back at you. I just dont know how hunting can be seen as manly. A manly thing to me is the UFC, boxing, etc. When 2 people are attacking each other, and its a fair fight. Not when one is sitting in a tree waiting for the opponent to walk by to get blind sided. Im not here to say I agree or disagree with hunting. Im not here to argue that, but what I will do is say its not manly.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Well, theoretically speaking we could all survive without eating animals now.

We don't need to kill any animals to continue to live... they just happen to be delicious.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
In my opinion if you want to act tough and be manly, and carry a riffle then join the army. Atleast there if your waiting for your opponent they will be shooting back at you. I just dont know how hunting can be seen as manly. A manly thing to me is the UFC, boxing, etc. When 2 people are attacking each other, and its a fair fight. Not when one is sitting in a tree waiting for the opponent to walk by to get blind sided. Im not here to say I agree or disagree with hunting. Im not here to argue that, but what I will do is say its not manly.
Notice the part where I said "when the alternative is sitting on your ass being spoon-fed." Meaning that it is more manly to hunt and kill your own food than to have those tasks carried out for you. Much in the same way you might consider UFC fighting to be a more manly activity than ballet dancing.

I'll also point out that I've never been on a hunting trip in my life. Never really got the chance as kid, and now I'm not permitted to carry a firearm.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Well, theoretically speaking we could all survive without eating animals now.

We don't need to kill any animals to continue to live... they just happen to be delicious.
Everything we eat was alive at some point. I wasn't just talking about the death of animals with that last line. People who object to the killing of animals for human consumption seem very confused to me. Like they watched bambi one too many times or something.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
What? I don't care if people want to hunt, go for it. I'm sure most people here don't really care, but since it started with all non hunters being called women, we argued back about why we don't.
joke - [johk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, joked, jok·ing.
–noun 1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

We don't think you are women because you don't hunt. There's nothing wrong with not hunting, it doesn't make you less of a man.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
LOL city slicker.
Ever see the movie?

Anyways, I'm thankful for everyone who doesn't enjoy hunting... more animals for me to engage and less surplus of hunters.

The only think I don't like about hunting is how expensive it is.... In the past 3 or 4 years I have probably dropped more than five grand on firearms, equipment, and travel.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunting is a challenge that I enjoy because of the difficulty involved plus the benefits of fresh venison. I hunt in a national forest and once went 5 years without getting a deer (only had buck tag and saw all doe) but still was out there from 5 in the morning til 5 at night in rain, sleet, snow, freezing temps, etc. It's not just go sit down and wait an hour for a deer to come by and shoot it, there is a ton of dedication involved if you want to be successful at it. I understand people's moral objections to hunting, but dont hate on people who want to get their own food instead of driving to a butcher to get domesticated meat that doesn't taste as good. I dont know how much 100 lbs of venison would cost from a butcher, but it's a hell of a lot more than a box of ammo.