Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Oh really? What evidence do you have for that claim?

Wait, I forgot, you're just making stuff up.
Can you name one person who has never cheated? I have never said you have to completely cheat your way through school. I have only said that the ability to cheat will help you later in life, and that playing the system will help you much more than anything you will learn in school.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What? How would somebody with less skills and knowledge get stuff done faster than a guy with more skills and knowledge. That makes no sense.
Because he's making someone else doing the work. Which means as the employer, he isn't helping at all. He's probably creating more problems.

Which means that if I found out he was cheating the system, I'd fire his ass.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think youre all genuinely under estimating what it takes to be successful in the business world, you need to cheat, lie and steal to be truly successful and i'm pretty sure most successful people do this (of course they arent going to tell us this so evidence is hard to come by).

just look at major cases of insider trading, these guys that get caught aren't small fry, they are massively successful at what they do, sure they ****** up and got caught but if you think theyre the only business people that cheat their way through life then youre 100% dillusional
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I think youre all genuinely under estimating what it takes to be successful in the business world, you need to cheat, lie and steal to be truly successful and i'm pretty sure most successful people do this (of course they arent going to tell us this so evidence is hard to come by).

just look at major cases of insider trading, these guys that get caught aren't small fry, they are massively successful at what they do, sure they ****** up and got caught but if you think theyre the only business people that cheat their way through life then youre 100% dillusional
This has NOTHING to do with cheating IN SCHOOL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, I'm sure the reason women make less than men has to do with "book smart" verus "street smart". Not like gender biases, tendencies, or work/life balance have anything do with it.
I told you it sucked man, and i dont even really care
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the street smart, book smart thing. In my opinion it is a 100% relevant and legitimate term. You'll often find girls to be the book smart hard workers (terrible generalisation but stick with me) and atleast in my state most of the top acheivers in the state's standardised testing are females. Now look at the business world, what sex are most of the top acheivers around the world?

Now i know this is pretty much a ridiculous statement with not even half a leg to stand on, but in my head it makes sense. I refer you to Eddie Murphy and Dan Ackroyd in the 1983 classic, 'Trading Places'. Not only will you thoroughly enjoy it, but you will also learn something of the concept of 'street smart, book smart'.

haha, im absolutely dillusional, but its time for lunch so i don't care
7-11, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Nor with whether I would hire a cheater or a hard worker, which is where I came in.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You think they JUST STARTED CHEATING when they got to the business world? Give me a break, you can't be that naive.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're going to cheat on a test, you shouldn't be taking the test in the first place. Either you think something is worth learning or not. If not, go do something else. Tests are easy if you're passionate about what you're studying. You're only cheating yourself if you're not ardent in your endeavors.

I do agree however, that sometimes it's best to cut corners if you deem those corners unnecessary, albeit unavoidable hindrances to your goal.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Because he's making someone else doing the work. Which means as the employer, he isn't helping at all. He's probably creating more problems.

Which means that if I found out he was cheating the system, I'd fire his ass.
Yet those people are the ones who will end up BEING the bosses. The ones with ethics will be in charge of a few people, but the ones without will be in charge of the entire company.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You think they JUST STARTED CHEATING when they got to the business world? Give me a break, you can't be that naive.
Give me some examples where people "cheat" in the real world and benefit from it?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
If you're going to cheat on a test, you shouldn't be taking the test in the first place. Either you think something is worth learning or not. If not, go do something else. Tests are easy if you're passionate about what you're studying. You're only cheating yourself if you're not ardent in your endeavors.

I do agree however, that sometimes it's best to cut corners if you deem those corners unnecessary, albeit unavoidable hindrances to your goal.
See, I have no problem with people not going to college. That's fine. TONS of successful people have gone that route.

But why waste time in school if you're going to cheat and not do anything? It's pointless and a waste of time and money.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post

Which is what I consider many tests. You forget almost all of what you learn for the test. My goal is to get a degree, because it increases my earning potential tremendously. Tests are unnecessary, unavoidable hindrances to that goal. However, avoiding those unnecessary, unavoidable hindrances are no longer worth the risk for me.

Research papers and the like are where you really learn in college. It isn't a coincidence that those are by far the hardest to cheat on.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
haha, i'm seriously enjoying this. And thankyou for the Billy Madison reference.

Yeah guys thats what i was getting at, were talking about cheating at school, and you don't just arrive in the business world and think to yourself 'i might start cheating now'. Im pretty sure its built into who you are, and i guess its built into me and someone447, if that makes us bad people, so be it. But i bet we're going to be alright in our lives, and i bet weve had some fun in our loves already too, and to me thats what lifes about.

hahahahaha, **** im stupid, i am so far off topic its not even funny
Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Which is what I consider many tests. You forget almost all of what you learn for the test. My goal is to get a degree, because it increases my earning potential tremendously. Tests are unnecessary, unavoidable hindrances to that goal. However, avoiding those unnecessary, unavoidable hindrances are no longer worth the risk for me.

Research papers and the like are where you really learn in college. It isn't a coincidence that those are by far the hardest to cheat on.
How would a test be a problem if you have learned what is being taught? You don't need to cheat to pass if you know the subject matter.
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
chapstick the side of a scantron.
I hear that doesn't really work anyone try this an it worked out.
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Yet those people are the ones who will end up BEING the bosses. The ones with ethics will be in charge of a few people, but the ones without will be in charge of the entire company.
a) That wasn't what I was arguing with.

b) That's complete ******** information that you have repeatedly pulled out of your ass with no evidence to back it up. Either get some evidence to support that, or stop trying to pass it off as fact, and find some new angle.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Give me some examples where people "cheat" in the real world and benefit from it?
Dude, youre being pretty naive if you actually think we can come up with examples, but youre being even more naive if you think it doesnt happen
Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Im pretty sure its built into who you are, and i guess its built into me and someone447, if that makes us bad people, so be it. But i bet we're going to be alright in our lives, and i bet weve had some fun in our loves already too, and to me thats what lifes about.
I'm not going to even begin to tell you how wrong that is. Cheating isn't something that is "built" into some, but not others. No one is "born" a larger cheater than someone else.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Martha Stewart, Bill Gates and Microsoft(remember all those antitrust allegations), John D Rockefeller(for a historical example), do you need me to keep going on? Just think about it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dude, youre being pretty naive if you actually think we can come up with examples, but youre being even more naive if you think it doesnt happen
It is really easy to come up with examples. Those people busted for insider trading? Ya, how long do they serve? A couple years at the most? And they have to pay back a couple million? They still made out like bandits. White collar crime pays. You spend a year or two in jail, and pay back half of what you gained.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Martha Stewart, Bill Gates and Microsoft(remember all those antitrust allegations), John D Rockefeller(for a historical example), do you need me to keep going on? Just think about it.
Martha got CAUGHT. Tell me how that is benefiting her? It had NOTHING to do with her building her business. She built it with ingenuity.

These are just examples of people trying to cheat in the stock market. It has nothing to do with how they built their businesses. Hard work, ingenuity, and a little bit of luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
I'm not going to even begin to tell you how wrong that is. Cheating isn't something that is "built" into some, but not others. No one is "born" a larger cheater than someone else.
how is it? Some people feel horrible after cheating and lying, maybe its not as i said, 'built into them', maybe its their upbringing? But the fact remains some people have no problem cheating to get ahead while others are quite bothered by it, i think this is pretty well demonstrated in this thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How would a test be a problem if you have learned what is being taught? You don't need to cheat to pass if you know the subject matter.
Why should I spend hours a night studying something that I will not ever truly need? When instead I can spend an hour the night before a test preparing how I am going to cheat?

I base it on what my time is worth to me. If the knowledge is worth my time learning it, I will learn it. If my time is worth the risk of getting caught, I will cheat. If my time is worth less than the risk of getting caught, I will not cheat.