Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What to get for the holidays?

I need some help, as I'm sure others do.

My parents expect a list for the holidays by Thanksgiving. I like presents and all, but not much is tickling my fancy.

Right now, I want College Hoops 2K8, a new traveling coffee mug, and a new backpack, but past that I got nothing.

I kind of want cash, but my parents are never too keen on just giving me money. Any suggestions/what are you getting? I'm 21 if that helps.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

My parents expect a list for the holidays by Thanksgiving. I like presents and all, but not much is tickling my fancy.

Right now, I want College Hoops 2K8, a new traveling coffee mug, and a new backpack, but past that I got nothing.

I kind of want cash, but my parents are never too keen on just giving me money. Any suggestions/what are you getting? I'm 21 if that helps.
Im in the same boat. I really have everything I want/need right now. It probably going to be the same thing like every other year. Clothes, shoes, jersey's, maybe a game or two. Unless I can think of anything else.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

There is always Assassin's Creed if you are interested in that game, came out today. Other than that I think I'd see how keen they are on a alcohol supply, probably not very, but worth a try. What I do mostly is buy some clothes for myself then get them for Christmas. Not a surprise but at least I like the gifts.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

You get presents for Thanksgiving? Geez.

If you don't want anything, why not have your parents make a charitable contribution for a cause you believe in? You'll feel good about yourself and do some good at the same time. Once I asked my parents for these lottery tickets for Heart & Stroke. The great thing is you can win awesome prizes (cars, 1 million dollars, boats, etc.) and you're donating to charity at the same time. Tickets were $100 each and you had like a 1 in 6 chance of winning something. Win-win situation if you ask me.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't want cash, just ask them for something that's as good as cash. Amazon gift card, iTunes, Best Buy, etc. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking my parents for booze...

I had my parents buy me a new golf bag. I needed it, and it only cost $100. Of course, I also got them a weekend trip at a Bed & Breakfast.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got an iPod Touch a few weeks ago, I really like it.

I usually ask my parents for gift certificates to places I go a lot if I can't think of anything else.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gift cards are always a good bet. My parents dont like giving me money either cause they think i'll waste it on booze, so they get me gas cards and best buy or walmart gift cards.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
You get presents for Thanksgiving? Geez.

If you don't want anything, why not have your parents make a charitable contribution for a cause you believe in? You'll feel good about yourself and do some good at the same time. Once I asked my parents for these lottery tickets for Heart & Stroke. The great thing is you can win awesome prizes (cars, 1 million dollars, boats, etc.) and you're donating to charity at the same time. Tickets were $100 each and you had like a 1 in 6 chance of winning something. Win-win situation if you ask me.
No, his parents WANT a list by Thanksgiving. Probably so they can get an early jump on shopping. The states have their Thanksgiving next week.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

any seasons of the West Wing you don't already have...that's my christmas list:)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
any seasons of the West Wing you don't already have...that's my christmas list:)
Ha, my best friend last year bought me the $200 full 7 season set, I've watched all 7 seasons about 3 and a half times.

Thanks everyone. I don't think I want any more XBox games cause I have Halo, never played NCAA and MAdden as much as I wanted, so I'm content there. Giftcards is a likely option, I never know to where though. KEep them coming!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

What about tickets to a sports game that you would like to go to?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Does anybody else in there 20s still give Christmas lists to their parents and receive a bunch of gifts? Definitely doesn't work that way in my family once you move out of the house. :(
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer the element of surprise. See how well my parent's know me.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ha, my best friend last year bought me the $200 full 7 season set, I've watched all 7 seasons about 3 and a half times.

Thanks everyone. I don't think I want any more XBox games cause I have Halo, never played NCAA and MAdden as much as I wanted, so I'm content there. Giftcards is a likely option, I never know to where though. KEep them coming!
Well, I had a goal set a few years back, and it was to get ONE jersey from each NFL team. Right now I am at about 21 different teams, but I have doubles for some teams, 2 from DAL, NE, BUF, and TEN. I used to spend all the money I had on jersey's, but times have changesd, and I need money for other things now going to college, but Im probably going to get at least another jersey for Christmas, and it doesnt hurt that my birthday is on the 19th of Dec, well sometimes it does. But ya, football jersey's.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anybody else in there 20s still give Christmas lists to their parents and receive a bunch of gifts? Definitely doesn't work that way in my family once you move out of the house. :(
By then it's khaki and car accessory time.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I usually ask for one decent sized gift in December and another one around my birthday. My parents usually comply. I have my own job/house/life, but it's nice to get things from them here and there. I don't rely on my parents, which is probably the best gift I can give them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i needs richer friends.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

My college friends and I still get together for a gift exchange. Years ago, we set a limit of $75 for the gift. We assign one person to get a gift for one other person, so everyone gets a nice gift. Kind of simplifies stuff. Also makes things less expensive.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
My college friends and I still get together for a gift exchange. Years ago, we set a limit of $75 for the gift. We assign one person to get a gift for one other person, so everyone gets a nice gift. Kind of simplifies stuff. Also makes things less expensive.
Kinda like a Kris Kringle?? Or perhaps Secret Santa????
Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Nothing beats the "Ghetto Christmas" game. We played it last year with our residence floor and it was hilarious. Money limit was like $15 or something and it was all joke gifts. Pregnant women porn, some tool for masturbating, Boner Jams 07 (my contribution), and a host of other things.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ron Paul donation and clothes.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Ha, my parents don't want to let go I think. Christmas was a HUGE deal in our house. My brother is 31, has two kids, and he'll still get a good amount of stuff from my parents. Sure, his kids will get more, but yeah.

And my friend isn't rich, just a little dumb, but I'm not complaining :)

As for jerseys, I've always wanted an LT powder blue, but I'm still not feeling it for Christmas.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perfect time to mention what my girlfriend is getting me...:D

Throwback Lawrence Taylor jersey, authentic.

She works at Finish Line, so she'll get it at a discounted price.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
My mom says she will buy me somethign like that until i have kids of my own... now im only 17 so i dont "Plan" on that for awhile.. but stranger thigns have happened lol

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't celebrate Christmas?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote