Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rex to Start

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3110338

I am sure most of you guys know this. I am wondering is Lovie just flip flopping with these qb, who ever is having a hot streak starts one game, the next game its the other guy.

Also when is Orton going to start, i am waiting on him.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I dont like Rex, I hope he does a good job, but if he plays to well, that means we will have to deal with him for years to come *unless he gets 1000x better, in which I would be thrilled*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
As much as I dont like Rex, I hope he does a good job, but if he plays to well, that means we will have to deal with him for years to come *unless he gets 1000x better, in which I would be thrilled*
I have a good feeling that mgmt is just trying to save the season with whoever gives them the best opportunity to win. I think regardless of how this season turns out they're going to make qb a top priority. The only way I don't see this happening is if some way some how Rex does a complete turn around which is highly unlikely. JMO.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Orton where is he give him some playing time.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
DMBZeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Rex is easily the best Bears QB in the last 10 years. As a fellow Bears fan I'm not sure I understand the hate. Granted he's not great, but it's better then we're used to having.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Kyle Orton where is he give him some playing time.
I know he was a rookie, but Orton was horrible his rookie year. I'd like to see him again eventually, but there's probably a reason he didn't beat out Griese in training camp for the No. 2 spot.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
Rex is easily the best Bears QB in the last 10 years. As a fellow Bears fan I'm not sure I understand the hate. Granted he's not great, but it's better then we're used to having.
I dont know, maybe it was the promise that he showed. The excitement that we had a QB, and then kept getting injured. I didnt like him then, and then he played well, and I said to myself "well it was worth the wait", but then he started playing so inconsistantly. Yes we went to the super bowl, but it wasnt on his arm. And then there was this season, where Rex was supposed to take the next step, and he was still utterly inconsistant. I would rather have a QB that will be consistant that will manage the games well than a midget that can not throw a screen pass, and will lose us games. And then there was the whole "he is a rookie". That was a load of BS. He had been in the NFL for I think 3 years (excuse me if its 4), thats 3-4 years that he could have just been mentally getting ready watching tape, doing everything that he could. So I didnt give him that excuse that everyone else was so ready to give him.

So for me, its the false advertising. Its the getting our hopes up. Its the fans who love rex no matter what, and give as many excuses as they can to make him look better than what he is. He is a mediocre QB that has a deep ball that will work every once and a while.

But as I said, I hope he does well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote