Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Talking ****? I was giving you helpful advice, which you then proceeded to throw in my face and mock me for. Calling you ignorant for refusing legitimate advice and telling people they don't have a life is not talking ****.

Making a huge deal? Maybe I am making a bigger deal than is deserved, but I am on my 10th drink of the day waiting for my friends to get ready to go out to the bars.

Personally, as soon as I sign off, I won't even remember this little conversation. Judging by your reaction, I would say you will be fuming about it the entire night. I can picture you sitting at your keyboard, red in the face pounding out with all your misspellings and typos.

Another thing I have noticed, those people who tell others to get a life based on a couple posts online, or because they play video games, are usually quite insecure. Just so you know, girls find that quite unattractive.
are u suppose to be "hip" cause ur on ur 10th beer i can care less about how much u had to drink or if ur waiting for ur "friend" to come but if that makes u feel even better, ranting drunk on a forum is the thing to do these days

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
ok post count can really tell how much of a life u have, get real..im not saying he has no life cause of his post counts its the fact he was arguing about how i type? how bout u read and if u can comprehend then why reply?
Ok...More importantly, beer oclock in 96 mins
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
are u suppose to be "hip" cause ur on ur 10th beer i can care less about how much u had to drink or if ur waiting for ur "friend" to come but if that makes u feel even better, ranting drunk on a forum is the thing to do these days
Hip or cool? No, I am 21 it isn't anything normal 21 year olds don't do. It was a reason for my abnormally long posts. When I get a nice buzz going I tend to get very verbose.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone477 i have an off topic question:
do you get in trouble for drinking in college football, or as long as you play hard you can do whatever?
kinda wonderin because i hope to play in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hip or cool? No, I am 21 it isn't anything normal 21 year olds don't do. It was a reason for my abnormally long posts. When I get a nice buzz going I tend to get very verbose.
Off topic comment: the drinking age in the US is ******* ********, 21!?!. Absolutely ridiculous. Now i realise kids start drinking at the same time but it would be so annoying not being able to go to bars/clubs etc till your 21
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Nerv

While not paying child support for 6 months is a dick move, child support (and divorce laws) are very very female oriented and can really screw over a father. Often the amount of payments the father is set to pay are just unfair. Many times with split custody among the parents the father is still required to pay child support even if he takes care of his kids 1/2 the time.

I have a friend whose dad was getting absolutely screwed over on child support. His ex-wife worked for her new husband's business. These two were very well off, but they listed the wife (who worked about full time) as making under 10k a year while the new husband brought in all the bread. But since the mom was 'making so little' her ex-husband had to pay a LARGE sum in child support and he never had anywhere near their money. He even had partial custody of his kids. He went to court with documents showing how well off his ex and her new hubby were in an attempt to get his payments reduced (honestly he shouldnt have been paying at all, but didnt even try to get out of it) and the judged still ruled against him.

Thats just an isolated incident. There are a lot of dead beat dads who leave their kids out to dry and never send money. But at the same time there are some good people who look out for their kids even if they arent with the mother who get screwed up and down simply because the kid didnt pop out of them.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
do you get in trouble for drinking in college football, or as long as you play hard you can do whatever?
Like in everything else in life, it is fine til u get caught.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are under 21 you can get in trouble, but coaches most places don't pay too much attention. Up here the coaches don't care unless you get into legal trouble, you might have to run a little if you get caught, but nothing too big.

No matter what age we are, we aren't allowed to drink while at away games, but again, the only punishment will be extra running.

However, when I was at TX State, I had a buddy get kicked off the team because he got caught trying to buy alcohol when he was under 21.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Off topic comment: the drinking age in the US is ******* ********, 21!?!. Absolutely ridiculous. Now i realise kids start drinking at the same time but it would be so annoying not being able to go to bars/clubs etc till your 21
It is ridiculous. I have no doubt that this is what leads the the US having some of the highest binge drinking rates in the world.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
Thats just an isolated incident. There are a lot of dead beat dads who leave their kids out to dry and never send money. But at the same time there are some good people who look out for their kids even if they arent with the mother who get screwed up and down simply because the kid didnt pop out of them.
There are also a lot of whores for mothers who use that money to buy stuff for themselves rather than the kids.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are under 21 you can get in trouble, but coaches most places don't pay too much attention. Up here the coaches don't care unless you get into legal trouble, you might have to run a little if you get caught, but nothing too big.

No matter what age we are, we aren't allowed to drink while at away games, but again, the only punishment will be extra running.

However, when I was at TX State, I had a buddy get kicked off the team because he got caught trying to buy alcohol when he was under 21.
ouch thats harsh.
does most of the team do it, or some, or few?
that probably depends on the college, but a generalization would be nice

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Like in everything else in life, it is fine til u get caught.
Even if you get caught, the places that I know people playing at(except the Tx State example from my earlier post) nothing really happens.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ouch thats harsh.
does most of the team do it, or some, or few?
that probably depends on the college, but a generalization would be nice
TX State is the only place that I know of that kicks people off for underage drinking, and admittedly, he wasn't a very good friend, so I am not sure that I got the whole story.

All the other places I have friends playing, and here at Portland State the only thing that happens is the coaches get a little mad and run you. But that is even only if you are underage. I have ran into my coaches multiple times while I was buying beer and they don't care int he slightest.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
It is ridiculous. I have no doubt that this is what leads the the US having some of the highest binge drinking rates in the world.
Yeah that does make sense, but Australia's is 18 and still has major issues with 15-18 year olds binge drinking (well in reality its the 18-20 year olds too but that isn't reported on as much), so really i think the answer is a little more complicated.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
TX State is the only place that I know of that kicks people off for underage drinking, and admittedly, he wasn't a very good friend, so I am not sure that I got the whole story.

All the other places I have friends playing, and here at Portland State the only thing that happens is the coaches get a little mad and run you. But that is even only if you are underage. I have ran into my coaches multiple times while I was buying beer and they don't care int he slightest.
yeah i guess thats true, but if i were a coach i'd be pissed.
oh well, i guess i've always been the type to watch a lot of film, i'll just do that.

Quote:

Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah i guess thats true, but if i were a coach i'd be pissed.
oh well, i guess i've always been the type to watch a lot of film, i'll just do that.
Oh, if you get caught drinking the day before a game, you will have hell to pay.

You can't get pissed at 18-23 year olds for drinking, thats what they do. That is like telling a dog to watch a steak, and getting mad at him for eating it.

I watch A TON of film.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Yeah that does make sense, but Australia's is 18 and still has major issues with 15-18 year olds binge drinking (well in reality its the 18-20 year olds too but that isn't reported on as much), so really i think the answer is a little more complicated.
There have been studies that say the US has the highest rate of binge drinking. But who knows, it is entirely possible it is propaganda.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
There have been studies that say the US has the highest rate of binge drinking. But who knows, it is entirely possible it is propaganda.
Oh i'm not doubting it's a major problem, its naturally going to happen. Students with not alotof time on their hands want to make the most of their free time, what else would u rather do than get shitfaced with your mates?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh, if you get caught drinking the day before a game, you will have hell to pay.

You can't get pissed at 18-23 year olds for drinking, thats what they do. That is like telling a dog to watch a steak, and getting mad at him for eating it.

I watch A TON of film.
yeah, i dont know if it would really be beneficiary towards the team/ game outcome.

EDIT: Thats on the drinking

Quote:

Old 11-16-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
This is a gray area that you have to be careful in. Consent while a girl is drunk is sketchy at best.
In Texas, if your alcohol level is over the legal limit you lose your ability to consent. Its now rape. Maybe different in other states though.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
In Texas, if your alcohol level is over the legal limit you lose your ability to consent. Its now rape. Maybe different in other states though.
Same in NY.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bitches be crazzzy
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Well, I now have a drunk driving defense in TX. But officer, I was drunk, I can't make choices.

That law is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well, I now have a drunk driving defense in TX. But officer, I was drunk, I can't make choices.

That law is absolutely ridiculous.
I guess women can give consent while under the influence of GHB also.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya know what needs to happen here:
we need an icon next to thread to signify when a fight is going on. i love reading internet fights. especially when they're about grammar, or lack of social life based on post count. those are second only to extremely personal matters posted for everybody to see.

I <3 fights.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote