Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-16-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nhl sucks. but crosby is good

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidney Crosby, says Captain Bias.

And Malkin and Crosby only play together on the first power play line.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I would take the five dollars it takes to purchase an NHL team and buy a snowcone instead.
I think i head that there are only a handful of NHL teams that actually make money, and that most of those teams are owned by the mob. Anything know anything about this?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take the Canadian one :D
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
SC NOT CLOSE
Fixed that for you. Crosby by 3 freakin miles.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pens are a better team but Crosby has had guys like John LeClair (I believe in his rookie season), Ryan Malone and Colby Armstrong on his line and made them overachieve. Crosby's vision and precision passing (sorry, just played Madden) is something that is so rare for a player with his experience that it is just mindboggling that he's 19. He won't be Gretzky based on how much he will have to score but he can be a great one for the new era.

Ovechkin on the other hand is tough and is a much better scorer than Crosby is when it comes to goals. His slapshot is sound and his passing with and being on the line with Semin (it's not pronounced semen) has helped him out greatly in my opinion. Ovechkin will definitely pump out a good share of assists and his passing has improved but I love how tough he plays. He does hit when necessary and doesn't shy from contact. I am not saying Crosby doesn't though either but I hate remembering him complaining to the refs about Hatcher. Though, to be fair and unbiased, he was getting mugged.

EDIT: Forgot to say who I would pick, not Crosby by a 5k but I would take Crosby by around 400 meters. I believe he just surpassed last season's assist total?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Sid the Kid; he can just be insane sometimes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Alexander The Great and I say this has an extremely biased Caps fan. He's the best all-around player in the league. The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
Thornton, Hossa, and Drury are the best all around players in the league

*I take Crosby in this battle that still takes up a good 90% of NHL exposure
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Ovy cause Sidney isn't Canadian...he's *********

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby is twice the all around player Ovy is. He's an incredible passer, skater, and creator. Ovy is much more of a power forward type player with a ton of goal scoring potential.

Crosby's game is a lot like Gretzky's and Lemieux's IMO. Just great all around players offensively.

Crosby hands down.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Calder Memorial Trophy
Finalist For Lester B. Pearson Award
NHL First All-Star Team
First Rookie In Fifteen Years Named to First All-Star Team
Second Rookie Ever with 50/50 Season,
Third Player Ever To Win Rookie and Offensive Player Of The Month in same month

All of those feats belong to Ovechkin not Crosby.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is an interesting tidbit. Ovechka in russian means Sheep. Ovechkin means 'belonging to a sheep' or 'sheep's'. This is insider information you can get only from a russian speaking poster. If you want so sound smart around the water cooler at work, throw that fact out there.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calder Memorial Trophy
NHL First All-Star Team

Too bad they are no longer rookies.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Calder Memorial Trophy
NHL First All-Star Team

They are both very good for the sport. Would anyone really care about hockey if those two young stars weren't playing? I bet they draw 50% of the NHL's audience.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Quote:
Quote:
Calder Memorial Trophy
NHL First All-Star Team

They are both very good for the sport. Would anyone really care about hockey if those two young stars weren't playing? I bet they draw 50% of the NHL's audience.
Thats definately incorrect. Perhaps they draw close to 50% of new hockey viewers. But hockey fans, although not many of them, are some of the most loyal fans there are. Most hockey fans have been huge followers way before those two hit puberty.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Calder Memorial Trophy
NHL First All-Star Team

Regardless, he outplayed Crosby by far in their rookie years and Crosby is outplaying him this year.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

nobody cares about vs. the nhl

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Calder Memorial Trophy
NHL First All-Star Team

Regardless, he outplayed Crosby by far in their rookie years and Crosby is outplaying him this year.
You might wanna check that by far comment.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Look at the accomplishments I listed that Ovechkin had his rookie year and then look at what Crosby did his rookie year.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i say crosby and for htose who say he doesnt have flashy goals, where have you been this year he has pleanty of them this year even though flashy goals are not important.

i think what gives crosby the edge is his vision, he makes some sick passes making his teammates much better and making them a much tougher team.

also has anyone looked at how many shots ovechkin has taken ill save you some time he has 292 shots and 34 goals that gives him a 11.6 shooting percentage.

crosby has 152 shots 25 goals and a 16.4 shooting percentage, so granted crosbys isn't wowingly better but still its something to think about

in the end i do pick crosby, now heres something for ya to think about could u imagine if the penguins won the first pick in 04 and got ovechkin then got crosby in 05, that would be just down right disgusting

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if it's been mention but Crosby's G/SOG is better than Ovechkin's by quite a fair amount. Sure Ovechkin has 9 more goals, but he needed almost 150 more shots. Not to mention Crosby's +/- is 13, compared to Ovechkin's -12.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I have seen them both play and crosby does a lot by himself and is great in setting plays up, Ovechkin however dominates Croby defensivly and is more well rounded but Sid is better.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im taking Ovechkin, better goal scorer, has less talent around him, and plus he plays physical, and lays people out!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel
Don't forget Ovechkin is 21 and Crosby 19....

For a 18 years old last year, 102 points is not bad.
Exactly. Crosby is still at the age where he is almost too young, especially last year.