Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone gonna watch the spike lee documentary on kobe bryant on saturday?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is going on in the NBA Thread. Hopefully this doesn't get locked. Burnzzzz your a pimp g!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
yep kobe doin work

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What time is it on? I prolly won't be able to catch it the first time, but it definitely looked good.

I think documentaries on a lot of the young "stars" from the late 90s, especially the ones who started the huge boom in HS to NBA, like Kobe and Garnett, would be really interesting.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Channel and Time?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Burns isn't in it I'm not interested.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
What time is it on? I prolly won't be able to catch it the first time, but it definitely looked good.

I think documentaries on a lot of the young "stars" from the late 90s, especially the ones who started the huge boom in HS to NBA, like Kobe and Garnett, would be really interesting.
8 eastern. apparently the premise is a day in a life of kobe bryant?

ESPN.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can the Magic win the Championship next year if Turkoglu is resigned and they have a healthy Jameer Nelson?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can the Magic win the Championship next year if Turkoglu is resigned and they have a healthy Jameer Nelson?
Sure. The ideal situation is if you got another BANGER down low. I don't know about a championship but damn close.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While Jameer is a huge upgrade to Alston's dead ass, I don't think it's a possibility at this point. Gortat should really get more minutes though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If Burns isn't in it I'm not interested.
Well, I hate to disappoint bro, but Spike didn't throw me a bone.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Should be an awesome mini-movie. Pretty good idea to have an in-game documentary. Nice to see Kobe getting props.

Now I'm just waiting for him to do "T.O. - I love me some me"
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
8 eastern. apparently the premise is a day in a life of kobe bryant?

ESPN.
I believe they actually have cameras in the locker room at half time and everything. I saw a sneak peak and its pretty crazy.

Did everyone know that they actually go in and watch film at half time? At least that's what the sneak peak made it look like. It seems like the half is so short and I'm not sure who puts the video together, but interesting none the less.

I'm pretty sure its a Lakers vs. Spurs game.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I believe they actually have cameras in the locker room at half time and everything. I saw a sneak peak and its pretty crazy.

Did everyone know that they actually go in and watch film at half time? At least that's what the sneak peak made it look like. It seems like the half is so short and I'm not sure who puts the video together, but interesting none the less.

I'm pretty sure its a Lakers vs. Spurs game.
Naturally if they are doing something wrong, which the Lakers do ALOT, they gotta see what they're doing. Like when a QB looks at shot by shot of a play that he made a mistake on. Usually in football, the coach has a play sheet with the gains and losses. I guess videotape at halftime is a step further.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Naturally if they are doing something wrong, which the Lakers do ALOT, they gotta see what they're doing. Like when a QB looks at shot by shot of a play that he made a mistake on. Usually in football, the coach has a play sheet with the gains and losses. I guess videotape at halftime is a step further.
Yeah, It just seemed nuts to me because Basketball is so fast and there are so many "plays"/possessions whatever you want to call it that it seems crazy that someone has the time to edit a video really quick, or at least get to a certain point in the game film and have the time to break down what they are doing on a specific possession during such a short half.

I always imagined that the coaches would just be real vague and say things like "They are killing us on the pick and roll", "they're working to get the corner 3", "switch and rotate off player X but don't leave player Y"
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, It just seemed nuts to me because Basketball is so fast and there are so many "plays"/possessions whatever you want to call it that it seems crazy that someone has the time to edit a video really quick, or at least get to a certain point in the game film and have the time to break down what they are doing on a specific possession during such a short half.

I always imagined that the coaches would just be real vague and say things like "They are killing us on the pick and roll", "they're working to get the corner 3", "switch and rotate off player X but don't leave player Y"
Yeah. I know what you mean. But they actually pay guys to do stuff like that. There's guys in the stadium, getting paid to that exact job and nothing else. I wouldn't expect every coach to do it, but I do expect it from Phil Jackson.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why must Howard be forced to play out of position to guard Big Baby? This just goes back to what I was saying about how you overrated Rashard's D and the need for an enforcer at the PF position.

I don't blame Dwight for giving up on D. Not saying he did, but you're suggesting it so... heck, when I play ball and I don't get the ball, I start slacking on D myself. LOL. It's a natural human mentality.

At least by Howard calling for the ball more, he's willing to shoulder the responsibility for the loss. Unlike SVG who will place the blame on his players not scoring. Way to man up Dwight. I see a vocal leader emerging and it's nice to see.
Dwight didn't just blame SVG?

Not to be a homer or anything but Yao would never spread the blame on anyone but himself.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Not to be a homer or anything but Yao would never spread the blame on anyone but himself.
Yao's coach isn't SVG

Old 05-13-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless there is some major internal rift. Why not? They should have won this series by now. The talent is there, the mentality seems off.

Jameer's re-addition will be huge and Lee and Howard will continue to get better. They'll certainly be a major contender at the least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2009 at 06:04 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Thats because Chinese people are crazy like that. They kill themselves if they get F's on tests and ****.

Here in the States we like to point fingers -- Dwight doin it the American way, god damnit!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
LOL im gone for the morning and i missed witnessing this
I know...I'm pissed I missed out from participating. Still a decent read through lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Unless there is some major internal rift. Why not? They should have won this series by now. The talent is there, the mentality seems off.

Jameer's re-addition will be huge and Lee and Howard will continue to get better. They'll certainly be a major contender at the least.
I don't think we can totally dismiss the possibility of an internal rift though.

...and we don't win if Boston has KG. So we also need to factor in how the rest of the league will make improvements as well before we start to think status quo personnel wise is fine.

I remember how you kept saying how Battie being back would be a boost. You even convinced me. lol. That's hardly the case now with hindsight 20/20.

Where do you see us needing improvements? I can't believe that you'd think we have no weaknesses in our personnel.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats because Chinese people are crazy like that. They kill themselves if they get F's on tests and ****.

Here in the States we like to point fingers -- Dwight doin it the American way, god damnit!
Now you're just trying too hard. :/