Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Ha for real?

My friend is a die hard Bulls fan, I can't believe he botched that.

He told me that OKC had 2 lotto picks and they gave one to the Bulls...
They gave us the one they got from San Antonio, which they got from the Nuggets. So it's like pick 26 or some gay ****. ******* Bulls...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
no...it was like a lottery protected pick from the suns I think. Just goin off the top of my head. OKC has their original lotto pick.

EDIT: Also, Thabo played VERY well for oklahoma towards the end of the season. He is a good defender, and that is what they were looking for. They already had scorers.
Even if he played well, If I'm OKC rebuilding from the bottom and I have 2 lotto picks with the insane potential of getting the top 2 players in the draft I don't give that up for a guy who wont be around by the time the team finally makes playoffs.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Thabo trade was actually a very good one for the Thunder. I just hope they dont replace him in the starting lineup. Harden would look good in a Thunder uniform, though. Thabo could be real good for them.
I think Thabo might end up coming off the bench unless the Thunder draft a big man. Cause drafting Harden would take his spot. If they ended up with someone like Rubio, Westbrook would move over the the 2. Either way is acceptable to me, but I really liked the way Thabo and Livingston played towards the end.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if he played well, If I'm OKC rebuilding from the bottom and I have 2 lotto picks with the insane potential of getting the top 2 players in the draft I don't give that up for a guy who wont be around by the time the team finally makes playoffs.
It isn't a lotto pick...I just said that.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thabo is still very young and I dont think the pick was anything special. They needed a 2 guard in the worst way and he fits the bill. He's a great defender with a great all around skill set and an underrated offensive game. He just needs to be more assertive with the ball. He could be really good. Reminds me of Ariza's career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
It isn't a lotto pick...I just said that.
I know, Im saying if it were a lotto pick
Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Thabo might end up coming off the bench unless the Thunder draft a big man. Cause drafting Harden would take his spot. If they ended up with someone like Rubio, Westbrook would move over the the 2. Either way is acceptable to me, but I really liked the way Thabo and Livingston played towards the end.
If I were them, I'd go center but, I dont like any of the "true" centers in this draft. Thabo would be fine as a 6th man type but, as a fan...I'd like to see him start of course. :)

The Thunder are an exciting young team. I've enjoyed following them a lot more this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Thabo is very underrated. He is excellent at D and has better than average ball handling skills. His shot still needs some work, but it's not bad at all. Part of the problem he had in Chicago is we never gave him a chance to play, and when he did, we only left him in for a couple minutes so he couldn't really get started. He's also pretty athletic. I honestly think he is a very capable starter, but right now he is prolly the perfect 6th man.

And again, ******* Bulls.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If I were them, I'd go center but, I dont like any of the "true" centers in this draft. Thabo would be fine as a 6th man type but, as a fan...I'd like to see him start of course. :)

The Thunder are an exciting young team. I've enjoyed following them a lot more this season.
The guy I was watching was Monroe, but he went back to school. I could honestly see then going with Thabeet because of how they focused on bringing in defensive minded players.

Harden seems like a luxery pick because they already have an elite scorer. A distributor like Rubio or a big man like Hill, Griffin, or Thabeet are most likely the picks IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden is most certainly not an elite scorer.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've been thinking Harden or Thabeet for the longest time. I think Thabeet makes the most sense but, I dont really love him as a prospect.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-14-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Harden is most certainly not an elite scorer.
I wasn't trying to call him an elite scorer...I was calling Durant one lol. Just bad wording on my part. I meant they would not be looking for scorers to take the ball away from Durant.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to call him an elite scorer...I was calling Durant one lol. Just bad wording on my part. I meant they would not be looking for scorers to take the ball away from Durant.
Well, you also said a distributor like Rubio would make sense, but Westbrook is clearly their PG of the future.

They'll either get the first pick and take Griffin because Stern rigs the draft, or they'll get something a little later and probably go Thabeet. Thabo fits in perfectly with that team, and it's certainly much harder to get a true Center than a wing.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Problem with them taking Griffin, though is you're putting Green on the bench. Which isnt the wisest of ideas. And lets not even think about moving Durant to the two. That was a failed experiment. He's too tall and a little awkwardly lanky. He cannot guard 2s in this league consistently.

I dont like Hill for them either.

I dont like the idea of going with a small back court but, Rubio makes sense. So, basically Rubio, Harden, or Thabeet. They already have Green at PF so Griffin or Hill isnt really needed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-14-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Not to completely go to an old topic, but just something I stumbled upon:

Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Problem with them taking Griffin, though is you're putting Green on the bench. Which isnt the wisest of ideas. And lets not even think about moving Durant to the two. That was a failed experiment. He's too tall and a little awkwardly lanky. He cannot guard 2s in this league consistently.

I dont like Hill for them either.

I dont like the idea of going with a small back court but, Rubio makes sense. So, basically Rubio, Harden, or Thabeet. They already have Green at PF so Griffin or Hill isnt really needed.
You could have a small front court like Denver if you wanted to.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Not to completely go to an old topic, but just something I stumbled upon:

Yeah thats cool. He's doing it the right way though. Not a ton of gesturing, not yelling profanities into the crowd. Just the normal back and forth we see out of guys like Kobe.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I've been watching Jordan videos all night, and it's really incredible how great of friends guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley, Ewing all were despite competing against each other year in year out. There's nothing like that today. It's amazing.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I've been watching Jordan videos all night, and it's really incredible how great of friends guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley, Ewing all were despite competing against each other year in year out. There's nothing like that today. It's amazing.
That was the peak of the NBA.

Kobe and Lebron stack up like that. Duncan and Shaq are past their primes. Wade is pretty good. Outside of that, no one is really on that level.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was the peak of the NBA.

Kobe and Lebron stack up like that. Duncan and Shaq are past their primes. Wade is pretty good. Outside of that, no one is really on that level.
i don't know if i would consider lebron and kobe friends... they respect each other that's for sure but i hardly doubt they are friends.

Actually, i don't think kobe has any friends in the NBA.

Lebron Wade Carmelo Chris Paul Dwight Howard are all close friends i believe.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i don't know if i would consider lebron and kobe friends... they respect each other that's for sure but i hardly doubt they are friends.

Actually, i don't think kobe has any friends in the NBA.

Lebron Wade Carmelo Chris Paul Dwight Howard are all close friends i believe.
Kobe and Corey Maggette are very good friends.

Kobe, Ron Artest, Lamar Odom and Brenden Haywood have known eachother since HS and all have said they are friends.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "joint", from Spike Lee on Kobe Bryant is looking really good...I just watched some of it on OTL and it looks good.

Won't be able to watch it Saturday, but hopefully ESPN will replay it a lot.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsG5uq9xOKo

i dunno how to embed
bbut this kobe and lebron roomie commercial is awesome
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yeah, there's a vid of a bunch of stars doing a shirts vs. skins game somewhere.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsG5uq9xOKo

i dunno how to embed
bbut this kobe and lebron roomie commercial is awesome
Copy and paste the part after the = in the link.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote