Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its staying here at least until we get killed in Game 7.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever wins the series I think is going down to Denver.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

Its staying here at least until we get killed in Game 7.
not so fast you never know if the Rockets stay hot they could shock the Lakers

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what our record is at home in game 7s in the last 15 years?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Rafer will make you pull your hair out sometimes but, that trade looks better every day for both teams. Because really, Orlando would most likely not be where they are today without the Alston addition and he really strengthens our bench next year. No explaination for Brooks, necessary.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
From and outsiders observation -- I would say Bynum and Pau both need to cop a tude. They are playing uninspired on the defensive end. They come off as soft post defenders.
You can walk a horse to water but can't make it drink. I don't know what it's gonna take to wake these mother ******* up but it better happen or Denver is gonna rape our asses

Old 05-14-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I do know that Nene, K-mart, and Birdman will be willing to bring intensity to the post. Bynum and Pau need to check themselves and step it up in that series.

I still think the Lakers can win the whole thing, although I thought they had turned the corner after that 40 pt beat down.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

D-Unit.. you da man!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There are some hotties courtside.
Okay so my housemates and I were debating and we think Julianne Hough was next to the Lakers bench. She was wearing something bright. Anyone else possibly see that?

Anyway, besides Yao, Pau has some of the weakest hands I've ever seen on a Big. It was also funny seeing him struggle to hit shots over Scola, not realizing that he has like a foot on him. Should be a good game seven.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Okay so my housemates and I were debating and we think Julianne Hough was next to the Lakers bench. She was wearing something bright. Anyone else possibly see that?

Anyway, besides Yao, Pau has some of the weakest hands I've ever seen on a Big. It was also funny seeing him struggle to hit shots over Scola, not realizing that he has like a foot on him. Should be a good game seven.
When Houston has Scola, Artest, Brooks, Landry, and Battier they give the Lakers fits. That's a lot of height, athleticism, and scoring right there plus some solid D.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
When Houston has Scola, Artest, Brooks, Landry, and Battier they give the Lakers fits. That's a lot of height, athleticism, and scoring right there plus some solid D.
See, you say that, but that lineup is actually shorter than the Lakers at every position, and if Fisher is off the court, that team's less athletic at every position as well (sans maybe Gasol over Landry, though Scola and Landry were rarely on the court together). The Rockets just play tougher and with better chemistry.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that group gives the size advantage to the Rockets, but there speed, athleticism and defense certainly does.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, we suck. getting smoked, can't get a damn rebound. Poor officiating to end the half but then the lakers gave me no reason anymore to blame the refs after houston was straight up raping us.

brooks is so fast, im sure everyone sees derek fisher getting burned everywhere by this guy.

we need someone like... collison?

brooks is like a slight less richer man's tony parker.

has probably a better shot than parker but not as good in the paint as parker. nevertheless, i hold my breath everytime brooks has the ball.

will be a good game 7 and i expect to win just like everyone is suppose to expect their team to win but im also nervous, like everyone else should be.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
yeah, we suck. getting smoked, can't get a damn rebound. Poor officiating to end the half but then the lakers gave me no reason anymore to blame the refs after houston was straight up raping us.

brooks is so fast, im sure everyone sees derek fisher getting burned everywhere by this guy.

we need someone like... collison?

brooks is like a slight less richer man's tony parker.

has probably a better shot than parker but not as good in the paint as parker. nevertheless, i hold my breath everytime brooks has the ball.

will be a good game 7 and i expect to win just like everyone is suppose to expect their team to win but im also nervous, like everyone else should be.
You guys should be fine at home. I'd be extremely surprised if the Lakers didn't win this series. Rest assured Kobe ripped Pau and Bynum a new asshole tonight.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You guys should be fine at home. I'd be extremely surprised if the Lakers didn't win this series. Rest assured Kobe ripped Pau and Bynum a new asshole tonight.
Kobe didn't play too well himself and he knows that. Probably ripped himself a new one too.

And THAT is why I am afraid that Game 7 will bring this series to an end with the Lakers on top.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

r.i.p. wayman

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.I.P. You will be missed.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"So I basically just realized that I can't depend on getting the ball a lot down low. So now I'm going to start crashing the boards and making my own opportunities." Dwight Howard on his thoughts from game six from his blog, paraphrased.

... Wait, so Dwight HASN'T been working especially hard to get offensive rebounds so far?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Brooks is becoming one of my favorite players, he can really ball.
Brooks is sooo inconsistent. One game he's good, another he's terrible. He's not a great passer and a horrible decision maker but he can flat out shoot. He'd be an ideal 6th man to bring off the bench to spark a team, but we need a better PG if we're gonna get anywhere.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Brooks is good in Houston

Old 05-15-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Brooks is sooo inconsistent. One game he's good, another he's terrible. He's not a great passer and a horrible decision maker but he can flat out shoot. He'd be an ideal 6th man to bring off the bench to spark a team, but we need a better PG if we're gonna get anywhere.
This X9000

His turnovers are so frustrating sometimes.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Hahahaha, this needs to happen a few more times.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Horrible decision maker seems a bit much, but I agree he's been back and forth a bit, but then again he's not your best player and not supposed to be...He's far down the food chain as far as a scorer, he's had to step up and become aggressive and he's done a great job at doing it.

You can't knock him because he can't score 26 pts every night with 10 assist, he's not Chris Paul, but he's certainly good enough to start with Yao back and a scorer somewhere on the wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we could really use darren collison, a quick lockdown defender who also doesn't take stupid shots. we would fit in great, and i believe it's time for fisher to at least be relegated to the bench or at worst, retire...

also, considering how far darren collison's stock has fallen i think we can more than get him at where we'd be picking, if not a trade or two wouldn't be too bad an idea.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote