Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i think we could really use darren collison, a quick lockdown defender who also doesn't take stupid shots. we would fit in great, and i believe it's time for fisher to at least be relegated to the bench or at worst, retire...

also, considering how far darren collison's stock has fallen i think we can more than get him at where we'd be picking, if not a trade or two wouldn't be too bad an idea.
With more time, I think Shannon Brown can be the answer for the Lakers at PG.

I like Farmar coming off of the bench and don't really see him as a starter.

This is the first significant time Brown is getting. He should get smarter and develop quite nicely within the offense.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
With more time, I think Shannon Brown can be the answer for the Lakers at PG.

I like Farmar coming off of the bench and don't really see him as a starter.

This is the first significant time Brown is getting. He should get smarter and develop quite nicely within the offense.
I agree but it's impossible not to daydream about having Collison come off the bench to play some D. This ole' business we've been getting from Fish this whole series is humiliating. Maybe I'm not as strong-willed as Fish but personally I don't know how I would hold my head up, getting as consistently embarrassed as Fisher has been by Brooks. If anyone is wondering why his shot is completely absent, you don't have to look much further than what is going on at the other end of the floor.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA Mock Draft

Signny sign up!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...31#post1663631
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I agree but it's impossible not to daydream about having Collison come off the bench to play some D. This ole' business we've been getting from Fish this whole series is humiliating. Maybe I'm not as strong-willed as Fish but personally I don't know how I would hold my head up, getting as consistently embarrassed as Fisher has been by Brooks. If anyone is wondering why his shot is completely absent, you don't have to look much further than what is going on at the other end of the floor.
Hmmmm.....

Maybe Hedo is invisible on offense from trying to guard Pierce. Hadn't really considered that.

but yeah, Fisher has crossed the line of being a good player to being the vet leader who belongs on the bench and will give you a good game every once in a while.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Him getting more playing time over Brown and Farmar has been foolish in my opinion. Over the last few years I haven't been impressed with Fisher at all really. When I see him shoot in the playoffs I don't really expect it to go in, whereas Farmar and Brown have been pretty good.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Howard guaranteed a game 6 win and Patrck Ewing just guaranteed a game 7 win. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dwight Howard guaranteed a game 6 win and Patrck Ewing just guaranteed a game 7 win. haha.
Well it certainly isn't that far fetched. If the team didn't completely collapse, this series would have been over 2 times by now!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Well it certainly isn't that far fetched. If the team didn't completely collapse, this series would have been over 2 times by now!
I know this. Orlando doesnt play much differently on the road than they do at home and they should have had two wins in Boston already. The majority isnt giving them much of a chance but, they can take this game in Boston for sure. Larry Bird, Robert Parish, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Kevin Mchale, KG, etc, etc, etc....those guys arent playing on Sunday, that 32-0 means nothing. Wouldnt be suprised by either outcome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-15-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know this. Orlando doesnt play much differently on the road than they do at home and they should have had two wins in Boston already. The majority isnt giving them much of a chance but, they can take this game in Boston for sure. Larry Bird, Robert Parish, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Kevin Mchale, KG, etc, etc, etc....those guys arent playing on Sunday, that 32-0 means nothing. Wouldnt be suprised by either outcome.
The odds of the Magic winning are slim to none. I wonder what Vegas has it at.

Anyways...

NBA Draft Forum Mock Woooo!!!!

Come Join All!!!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33813
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Vegas has the line at 2.5 in favour of Boston.

For comparison's sake, the Lakers are 12.5 favourites over the Rockets.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA Thread on Page 2? Lets bump this ***** back up to the top.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Which game are you guys looking forward to the most tonight? Personally, I want to see how much the Rockets test the Lakers, and whether or not the Lakers can deal with Scola and Brooks. If they focus a big on Scola, that leaves room in the paint for Brooks to drive. It'll be interesting to see how they play it.
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see the Celtices/Magic game a little more for some reason, to see if SVG chokes again or if Boston pulls a win out of their ass like they always seem to do...Still, I like the West with either Denver or LA making the Finals, I just really want Cleveland to make it.

While everyone slurps up the Kobe/Lebron finals matchup I think Melo/Lebron would be just as sick, same draft class, very good friends, and Melo has quietly been stepping his game up every year.

I never hear him get too much mention as far as the best forwards, but he's shown me this playoffs where he has taken his game to and ever since Syracuse he's been a clutch player, I could see him and Lebron going at it.

Anyway I think the Celtics and Lakers win, just can't see the champs going down in game 7, they live for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm already getting pumped for Game Seven.

Six hours to go.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I'm already getting pumped for Game Seven.

Six hours to go.
I'm just praying tonight isnt the night Allen destroys Redick. Allen has been terrible this series, he's long over do. He def. seems to be the most effected from that Chicago series. Hopefully, Orlando just blows them out. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Lakers....don't let me down.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to get everyone hyped up...

Old 05-17-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

That was ******* epic

What is that speech from?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Artest looks awful out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that voice before so I'm not sure if it's also from something else, but the audio was taken from an intro for VS Network.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would very much like to see Ron Artest out of the game.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

Ya that was sick. Explosions in the Sky ftw.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I hate Ariza's "form" on his three point attempts. He looks like one of those kids who cant exactly reach from the three point line so, he cheats in a way to get closer with his upper body and he just muscles it up with nearly all the force coming from his arms. It's terrible but, atleast he's making them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-17-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I hate Ariza's "form" on his three point attempts. He looks like one of those kids who cant exactly reach from the three point line so, he cheats in a way to get closer with his upper body and he just muscles it up with nearly all the force coming from his arms. It's terrible but, atleast he's making them.
Yeah, to his credit... he's come a long ways. Glad we got Mo Evans and Brian Cook outta that deal.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we don't re-sign Ron Artest. He is just not reliable on offense and can't keep up with quicker superstars. I'd rather wait for 2010 to sign a good player after T-Mac's contract is expired.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote