Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I really hope no one outthere is an Anderson Varejo fan, because if you are you should be sterelized. I loved how his bearhug on Howard when Dwight got t'd up wasn't an intentional foul, both arms were wrapped around him. Everytime I watch him play I am stunned by how much he flops and when he tries playing actual defense he fails so hard. I wouldn't mind the Cavs if thy didn't have that joke of a player.

And as always in this playoffs, the refs were terrible. The call at the end to send lebron to the line was a joke.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

As for tonight, I love watching Chauncey billups play. He has brought this team to a new level. The man is easily a top 5 pG in the league. What was Dumars thinking trading him?

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
As for tonight, I love watching Chauncey billups play. He has brought this team to a new level. The man is easily a top 5 pG in the league. What was Dumars thinking trading him?
He was thinking, I'm ready to start over. My team is going to get worse before it gets better. AI has a large expiring contract that we can use to free up cap money and spend on a new young player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Lebron needs help. Mo Williams is NOT his Pippen. tonight's game was evident. I'm just an impartial guy in this series, literally just rooting for excellent games in both series'(and have not been disappointed), but man, I almost felt bad for Lebron tonight, especially at the end. He's doing it all himself, the other guys need to step it up, big time. I mean, Mo's a very nice player and all, but is disappearing. Z has been ok, but isn't that big post threat at this stage in his career. Varejo is a horrible excuse for an NBA player. I just think LBJ needs that #2 guy. A go to guy he trusts who can score and make plays regularly.
I definitely agree that LBJ needs more help. But the funny thing is that nobody was saying this before the Magic series. They were the unquestioned #1 team in the East, best record in basketball. We kept hearing about how Lebron finally has help. We kept hearing how Mo Williams is an all star, Delonte West is underrated, Z can more than hold his own against Howard and on and on... It took the Magic to put everyone back in their seats.

That said, this series still makes me nervous because of 1 man.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
And as always in this playoffs, the refs were terrible. The call at the end to send lebron to the line was a joke.
It was a foul. Clear cut. No question.

2:22

Just stop with the complaining already. It is pathetic.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I definitely agree that LBJ needs more help. But the funny thing is that nobody was saying this before the Magic series. They were the unquestioned #1 team in the East, best record in basketball. We kept hearing about how Lebron finally has help. We kept hearing how Mo Williams is an all star, Delonte West is underrated, Z can more than hold his own against Howard and on and on... It took the Magic to put everyone back in their seats.

That said, this series still makes me nervous because of 1 man.
Williams, West, Z, etc. were hitting open jumpers before this series. They haven't consistently hit jumpers in this series and that's why they're losing, along with the Magic shooting the ball extremely well, particularly from 3-point range.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You guys got the biggest bail out phantom call of the entire playoffs when James tripped on his shoe laces.

Cavs can't win even when they have the black&whites on their side.

My dad just called me and told me this has been the worst called series that he's ever seen.

Like I've been saying all along. The superior team is Orlando. if we got half the calls cleveland got it would be an easy sweep.
Phantom call? Clear cut foul. No question. See my post above.

Every game except Game 3 has been decided by the last shot. But yeah, sure.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you actually watch it, or do you have LeBron's chalk in your eyes. he tripped. and then dove into pietrus. Seriously. Get the blinders off for 4.2 seconds and you'd see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Did you actually watch it, or do you have LeBron's chalk in your eyes. he tripped. and then dove into pietrus. Seriously. Get the blinders off for 4.2 seconds and you'd see that.
Blocking foul. The defender moved in front of LeBron's path and did not have established position. Any contact is the defender's fault. Clear cut foul.

That is a foul at any level of basketball. Basic call.

Look at the overhead angle. You can see it best. You can't move in front of an offensive player like Pietrus did.

Last edited by Manic Depressant : 05-27-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit nvmer

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Williams, West, Z, etc. were hitting open jumpers before this series. They haven't consistently hit jumpers in this series and that's why they're losing, along with the Magic shooting the ball extremely well, particularly from 3-point range.
I like that you are still of the belief that LBJ has a strong enough supporting cast. Not blaming the lack of talent around him. Just their poor shooting in this series. I can respect that. I may not agree, but I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

I really thought the Cavs brought their A game to Game 4. They looked like the better team in the first half. Looked like the had fire in their eyes and wanted it more. Rashard looked like he was disinterested, Anthony Johnson was putrid, Howard's defense was soft and it was clear he was playing in fear of getting called for fouls, and overall, the team shooting was ice cold. Then the second half started and Alston jump started the crowd and the team reacted showing much more grit and determination than they did in the first half. The Cavs kept coming back and eventually retook the lead in the 4th and I thought with 6.2 seconds left that it was going to take a miracle for the Magic to make a basket. When Rashard lauched that 3 so early I feared for the life of my TV set... it was about to come to the floor crashing. Then he hit it and I had more jubilation than you can image.

Bottomline, I thought the Magic withstood the Cavs best shot last night and still found a way to come out on top. Both teams missed a lot of open jump shots. You can't really blame the poor shooting percentage of the Cavs supporting cast as you really have to blame the difficult match up problems and weaker depth that the Cavs have been faced with.

If they can find a way to find match up advantages, now or in the future, then they will be more legit. I think too many people gave them too much credit on the legitimacy of that team being championship quality just because of Lebron.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Lebron did trip, but was wise enough to draw the foul. Great play, by a great player.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Cavs not named LeBron James is a painful experience.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but they rescinded Howard's techincal foul from last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but they rescinded Howard's techincal foul from last night.
And that's huge.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
And lebron is no MJ!
Maybe not, but LeBron is more MJ than Williams is Pippen.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Pietrus is more MJ than Williams is Pippen.

And yes, that tech rescinded was pretty big. I expected it though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Williams is Steve Kerr. He's good, but ideally a compliment to a few other great players.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
And that's huge.
Dammit. I still have hope though, due to something mentioned in this thread a couple pages ago. If the Cavs win game 5, the pressure is on the Magic for game 6, and that's something they really haven't had yet this series.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so now LeBron doesn't have a good enough supporting cast? That's a load of ****.

Look, as great of a season as LeBron had, you don't get the #1 seed in the East (which is much stronger than it used to be) if you don't have a good team around you. To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing how great LeBron is playing and how bad is teammates are playing all the time. Last night LeBron was terrible in the 4th quarter, absolutely terrible. Turnovers, missing shots, missing free throws, and not to mention his defense was atrocious.

LeBron shot 13 of 29 and had 8 turnovers last night. That's hardly "playing great." The blame needs to go around to everyone. LeBron, his teammates, and the coaches. The times LeBron has scored 40+, they've lost. The time he didn't score 40, they won.

My honest opinion? Cleveland is ******** down their legs. Guys are missing wide open shots (LeBron included from the outside), their defense which was #1 in the league this year has not been good, and Mike Brown is doing a terrible job with this team. No set rotation at all, and guys like Gibson, Pav, and Wally who can help the team don't get consistent minutes.

LeBron's supporting cast is good enough to win a title, I'll tell you that right now. People act like he has a bunch of nobodies by his side. Mo Williams for the entire year was an all-star caliber player, Delonte West is a very underrated player (and he was very good last night), Varejao and Z while not a dynamic duo in the front court are solid players, Joe Smith is a very underrated forward who still doesn't see enough minutes.

I do think they can improve the team in the offseason (assuming the Magic close out this series), but right now Cleveland is not playing to their potential.

His supporting cast hasn't played as well as they could, there's no doubt about that but at the same point when LeBron doesn't play well (like last night), he should shoulder some of the blame because in my honest opinion his supporting cast played well enough for them to win. Sometimes numbers don't tell the entire story. And for a guy who is being claimed as the "messiah," wait I'm sorry, "The Chosen One" by a lot of people, I'm going to be critical when I see him play like he did last night. Not to mention when in this series he's getting to the line 16 times a game, 16 times a game and is averaging around 2 fouls.

You guys talk about how his teammates aren't hitting shots. I would venture to guess in the past two games LeBron is shooting around 20% from the outside. So right now no one is making shots consistently from the outside. And when you are attempting 30 shots and getting 18 free throw attempts, 40 points to me really isn't that impressive.

People asked for his teammates to step up, they did for the most part last night and LeBron choked in the 4th Quarter. It's kind of like this team can't get on the same page with each other right now and have a consistent effort from everyone.

And to be honest, Orlando is making big time plays down the stretch. In 3 out of 4 games they have gotten a big shot at the end of the game from either Hedo or Rashard. Orlando is capitalizing on their opportunties, Cleveland is not. But I do think the finger needs to start pointing at Mike Brown a little more.

I'll probably get quoted multiple times from people on here saying that LeBron is doing everything in his power to win and it's his teammates that aren't pulling their weight in this series. Sometimes less is more in the point and shot department and I don't think it's a coincidence than when he doesn't shoot as much, his team does better. Maybe he's trying to do too much (that's something MJ had to learn).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by sweetness34 : 05-27-2009 at 06:20 PM.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Williams is Steve Kerr. He's good, but ideally a compliment to a few other great players.
That's a ridiculous comparison if you're actually being serious. Mo Williams is a damn good player that is struggling to find his shot right now.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
It was a foul. Clear cut. No question.

2:22

Just stop with the complaining already. It is pathetic.
That being in your eyes a "clear cut foul" is why the NBA has become a league for pansies. It was a smart play by LeBron because he knew if he could draw contact on penetration it would be a foul but it's a ridiculous call at that point in the game. If that's a foul then the refs need to start calling it consistently throughout the game for everyone, which has not happened.

Kobe gets pushed in the back and tripped and there's no call. LeBron gets shouldered on a drive at the end of the game and it's two free throws.

Look I have no problem if you're going to call that a foul, but call it consistently which is something that has not happened. The NBA and its officiating has become a joke.

If that were Gordon or Rose on that play I would have had no qualms if they swallowed the whistle because that to me is not a foul at any level of competition, especially at the end of the game. I feel that the call bailed out LeBron to be honest because he was driving into a double team.

He rode him with his chest, and in fact from what I see LeBron initiated the contact and then fell to the ground. LeBron was looking for a call and got it, that's what happened. If that play happens in Game 5 on anyone but LeBron, it better be called a foul.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You guys talk about how his teammates aren't hitting shots. I would venture to guess in the past two games LeBron is shooting around 20% from the outside. So right now no one is making shots consistently from the outside. And when you are attempting 30 shots and getting 18 free throw attempts, 40 points to me really isn't that impressive.
That's sort of a big thing you're overlooking there. The role players need to hit from outside. LeBron can get to the line a lot. The rest of the Cavs cannot.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
That's sort of a big thing you're overlooking there. The role players need to hit from outside. LeBron can get to the line a lot. The rest of the Cavs cannot.
LeBron can get to the line because he gets the benefit of the call a majority he drives, foul or not. If he draws any sort on contact on his drives, they are going to whistle a foul. I really don't understand why sometimes LeBron settles for outside shots because he can get whatever he wants when he drives.

He does get contact when he gets into the paint, but contact doesn't always mean a foul. I saw Derrick Rose get pummeled this year inside, drawing the same amount of contact that LeBron does and he didn't get these types of calls.

LeBron has played a very good series, but he's also being a beneficiary of some absolutely horrible calls that are going his way, two of which fouled out Dwight Howard (although neither one really mattered in the grand scheme of things). And that one last night was not a foul.

The finger needs to start pointing at LeBron as well, especially after a dismal performance in the 4th Quarter last night, yet no one is mentioning that (and the game before that he shot 11 of 28 from the field, no one mentions that either when they talk about his team not making shots). All the talk is about how again his teammates didn't step up, which is a crock of ****, they did step up, it was LeBron's 7 turnovers in the 4th Quarter that people overlook. I personally think LeBron is trying to do too much, which in turn is leading to him forcing things and making bad plays.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
LeBron needs to start hitting from the outside as well. His outside shooting the past two games has been atrocious. He's getting open looks and not knocking them down.

Quote: