Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Here is my 2007 NBA Lottery Mock Draft...thoughts?

1. POR: Greg Oden C Ohio State
2. SEA: Kevin Durant SF Texas
3. ATL: Brandan Wright PF North Carolina
4. MEM: Yi Jianlian PF China
5. BOS: Al Horford PF Florida
6. MIL: Mike Conley Jr. PG Ohio State
7. MIN: Corey Brewer SG/SF Florida
8. CHA: Jeff Green SF Georgetown
9. CHI: Spencer Hawes C Washington
10. SAC: Joakhim Noah PF Florida
11. ATL: Jaaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
12. PHI: Jason Smith PF Colorado
13. NO: Al Thornton SF/PF Florida State
14. LAC: Julian Wright SF Kansas
Jason Smith PF Colorado State

also i say Wright goes in the top 10

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Shoot Yi and Conley, I like you.
Well, I just don't see any of the other teams taking Conley when they have stronger positions of need.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Jason Smith PF Colorado State

also i say Wright goes in the top 10
It's tough to say with Julian b/c the only individual there that he deserves to go ahead of would be Noah

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Jason Smith ending up in the lottery at all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather take Sean Williams at 11 than Noah if we feel like reaching on a defense guy, I'll I'd take Ekene Ibekwe at 11 over Noah.
Hey Ghetto, would you be wlling to do a mock draft with me? We discuss each pick in the first round and decide on a player for each team with analysis for each pick from both of us. I think it'd be kinda cool.

Btw, I thought you liked Brandan Wright, hmmm guess I was wrong.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Hey Ghetto, would you be wlling to do a mock draft with me? We discuss each pick in the first round and decide on a player for each team with analysis for each pick from both of us. I think it'd be kinda cool.

Dude Ghetto is the world's biggest Brandan Wright fan out there! GS loves his perimeter shot, toughness and willingness to add weight
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Haha whoops.

But anyway, Gilbert Arenas to opt out of his contract after next season. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2899563
Welp, bet he's going to be moved if that is true.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things can only go up from here, right?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I realize that the Hawks might have to go BPA with the third pick, but if they take Horford/Wright/ Jianlin, what do they plan on doing with their current frontcourt.

C- SHelden Williams
PF- Marvin WIlliams
SF- Josh Smith

or have they given up on any of those guys already
Josh is the PF and allstar potential. If he gains even more weight he can play C in their uptempo system. Marvin was excellent last year and people neglect that, he has an amazing perimeter game. Shelden never did and never will start. Zaza is underrated. Horford would start Center and I would have no problem with a Smith/Yi frontcourt in our system.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah sure I'll be back later, get on AIM.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
1. POR: Greg Oden C Ohio State
2. SEA: Kevin Durant SF Texas
3. ATL: Yi Jianlian PF China
4. MEM: Al Horford PF Florida
5. BOS: Brandan Wright PF North Carolina
6. MIL: Corey Brewer SF Florida
7. MIN: Jeff Green SF Georgetown
8. CHA: Julian Wright SF Kansas
9. CHI: Spencer Hawes C Washington
10. SAC: Al Thornton SF/PF Florida State
11. ATL: Mike Conley PG Ohio State
12. PHI: Thaddeus Young SF Georgia Tech
13. NO: Nick Young SG USC
14. LAC: Derrick Byars SG/SF Vanderbilt
15. DET: Jason Smith PF/C Colorado State
16. WAS: Rudy Fernandez SG Spain
17. NJ: Joakim Noah PF Florida
18. GSW: Josh McRoberts PF Duke
19. LAL: Rodney Stuckey SG Eastern Washington
20. MIA: Javaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
21. PHI: Acie Law PG Texas A&M
22. CHA: Tiago Splitter PF Brazil
23. NYK: Aaron Afflalo SG UCLA
24. PHO: Daequan Cook SG Ohio State
25. UTA: Marco Belinelli SG Italy
26. HOU: Nick Fazekas PF Nevada
27. DET: Gabe Pruitt PG USC
28. SA: Reyshawn Terry SF North Carolina
29. PHO: Alando Tucker SF Wisconsin
30. PHI: Marcus Williams SG Arizona
Noah at 17? No way.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
Noah at 17? No way.
Not really. The guards who are "behind" him in the rankings right now are having good workouts.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Not really. The guards who are "behind" him in the rankings right now are having good workouts.
If Noah goes 17, i'll put it in my sig that i'm a ******* idiot because I don't know anything about the NBA draft. no way he goes that low. NO WAY.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Noah goes 17, i'll put it in my sig that i'm a ******* idiot because I don't know anything about the NBA draft. no way he goes that low. NO WAY.
But he should go that low.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought he'd go lower..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better get that sig ready then.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He deserves to go much lower actually.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
He deserves to go much lower actually.
you all are dead wrong. he'll go in the top 15 for sure. guaranteed.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit says, "Joakim Noah will be a Top 10 selection in the 2007 NBA Draft."
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kevin durant failed the 185 bench press test. He couldn't do 1 rep.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
kevin durant failed the 185 bench press test. He couldn't do 1 rep.
yes, we are aware of that.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

After working out with the Bulls they were ecstatic about him and said that he compares favorably to Mark Madsen. Bulls front office just needs to look at that quote one more time and see, when has comparing to Mark Madsen ever waranted the 9th pick in the draft. In other news Celtics are trying to trade down to 7-12 to take Al Thornton who IMO I like more than Julian Wright.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After working out with the Bulls they were ecstatic about him and said that he compares favorably to Mark Madsen. Bulls front office just needs to look at that quote one more time and see, when has comparing to Mark Madsen ever waranted the 9th pick in the draft. In other news Celtics are trying to trade down to 7-12 to take Al Thornton who IMO I like more than Julian Wright.
If we take Noah at 9 the Celtics will be bumped up to my favorite team in the NBA, unless they completely screw up.

And NYMoney, just because you think Noah WILL be a top 15 pick (even if he is) it doesn't mean he DESERVES to be selected where he is. He will be selected much higher than he should be, that's all anyone here is saying. And if teams get their heads on straight, he's in for a huge fall from where he's being projected right now.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
you all are dead wrong. he'll go in the top 15 for sure. guaranteed.
Do you actually read people's posts? He said he SHOULD go that low. Meaning he doesn't deserve to go where people are saying he'll go. Noah is not a good NBA Prospect at all and we've been saying it since last season.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Source? I read that a big man's coach in the NBA said he compared to Mark Madsen. I've heard nothing to say they were "estatic about him" and the Bulls actually took Hawes out to dinner and not Noah.

I've read that he didn't have that great of a workout in Chicago, he said it himself. If we take Noah I will personally write Paxon a letter saying how stupid he is for taking this guy.

A) He's not what we need

B) He has terrible value at #9

C) He's completely overrated

D) He has no upside

People like Noah because of the name and the hype, but people who follow basketball realize that this guy is freakin' garbage.

Quote: