Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention he dances like an idiot.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugghh if Noah is there at 17, i hope the Nets trade down. Or preferably trade up for horford, brewer, anyone not named Noah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Behold the Greatness of Greg Oden:
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
kevin durant failed the 185 bench press test. He couldn't do 1 rep.
if thats true he is very weak. i used to be able to put up 220 a few times and i only weighed 160.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Haha, awesome pic.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Yes BEHOLD!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Source? I read that a big man's coach in the NBA said he compared to Mark Madsen. I've heard nothing to say they were "estatic about him" and the Bulls actually took Hawes out to dinner and not Noah.

I've read that he didn't have that great of a workout in Chicago, he said it himself. If we take Noah I will personally write Paxon a letter saying how stupid he is for taking this guy.

A) He's not what we need

B) He has terrible value at #9

C) He's completely overrated

D) He has no upside

People like Noah because of the name and the hype, but people who follow basketball realize that this guy is freakin' garbage.
i listened to noah's interview, and he said he had a good workout. chicagosports.com has the interview
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes BEHOLD!
hahahaha

Where are you guys digging these up?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
i listened to noah's interview, and he said he had a good workout. chicagosports.com has the interview
He said he did alright. Like I said, if we take Noah I'm going to flip out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
He said he did alright. Like I said, if we take Noah I'm going to flip out.
I won't be upset if the Bulls take Noah. I think he'll turn out to be a decent pro. However, i would much rather have Hawes.

edit: not decent, he'll be a good pro.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't be upset if the Bulls take Noah. I think he'll turn out to be a decent pro. However, i would much rather have Hawes.

edit: not decent, he'll be a good pro.
I'm going to have to seriously disagree with you. He's Anderson Varejao all over again. Anderson is a decent pro, but he's not good.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I really don't care who the Wizards take in the draft...

He just needs to be a defensive person, preferably a big man. Heck if Noah is at 16, I'd take him.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to have to seriously disagree with you. He's Anderson Varejao all over again. Anderson is a decent pro, but he's not good.
the year before anderson declared, was he ranked the #1 prospect? i doubt noah has slipped that much (into verajao land). noah is a millionare's renaldo balkman. he'll surprise people. his brash personality does not override his ability to bound, block, hussle, dunk, and play good perimeter defense.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
the year before anderson declared, was he ranked the #1 prospect? i doubt noah has slipped that much (into verajao land). noah is a millionare's renaldo balkman. he'll surprise people. his brash personality does not override his ability to bound, block, hussle, dunk, and play good perimeter defense.
Role players generally aren't picked in the lottery. I couldn't picture Noah ever playing a role greater than Varejao does in Cleveland.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Role players generally aren't picked in the lottery. I couldn't picture Noah ever playing a role greater than Varejao does in Cleveland.
why? because he has a goofy shot? what about him is limiting outside of his inability to shoot?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
His brash personality though does cover up the fact that he has no offensive skills, he's extremely weak against bigger players, and he has virtually no upside. That and he's not that great of a rebounder.

And no, Varejao was never ranked as the #1 prospect the year befor he declared. At least not to my knowedge. He was ranked high but he free fell to what, the late first?

At #9, there is so much better value than Joakim Noah. Hell I'd take a guy like Nick Young, Crittenton, Thornton, or someone like that over Noah because at least they've got some upside. What you see with Noah is what you're going to get. The guy is a good defensive player who hustles and plays fairly smart. And he is pretty much a redundant player for us. And he's not going to make us much better if we do take him. He's not really going to add anything to our team that we don't already have.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
why? because he has a goofy shot? what about him is limiting outside of his inability to shoot?
No post game, horrible touch around the hoop, bad free throw shooting, horrible shot mechanics...

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
anderson varejao can't block or maybe even rebound as well as noah.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
anderson varejao can't block or maybe even rebound as well as noah.
Um Noah is not that good of a rebounder.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Um Noah is not that good of a rebounder.
this is from the oh so mighty nbadraft.net

Strengths: Extremely long, fluid/mobile player who runs the court like a guard … For his size, Noah’s is a surprisingly solid ball handler … This becomes evident when he gets the ball in the high post and dribbles past his man for a lay-up … High energy player who plays games with great passion and intensity … Great lateral quickness which enables him to be an excellent help defender when the perimeter defense breaks down … Great motor, constantly moves without the ball in his hands trying to get open … Passing ability is top notch for a player at his position … Displays good touch around the basket … Excellent finisher in transition where he converts with ease … Offensively he has two crucial physical tools which will facilitate his back to the basket development: long arms and good hands … Thanks to his aggressive play, Noah does a good job of drawling fouls from the opposition … Tough minded kid who possess a warrior attitude in that he loves to compete and never backs down from physical play … Is a great rebounder who understands how to use his frame and long arms … Shows great body control as he is able to get knocked around and still finish … Despite being a junior, Noah has untapped potential …

notice how it says he is a "great rebounder" and has "excellent touch"
Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
this is from the oh so mighty nbadraft.net

Strengths: Extremely long, fluid/mobile player who runs the court like a guard … For his size, Noah’s is a surprisingly solid ball handler … This becomes evident when he gets the ball in the high post and dribbles past his man for a lay-up … High energy player who plays games with great passion and intensity … Great lateral quickness which enables him to be an excellent help defender when the perimeter defense breaks down … Great motor, constantly moves without the ball in his hands trying to get open … Passing ability is top notch for a player at his position … Displays good touch around the basket … Excellent finisher in transition where he converts with ease … Offensively he has two crucial physical tools which will facilitate his back to the basket development: long arms and good hands … Thanks to his aggressive play, Noah does a good job of drawling fouls from the opposition … Tough minded kid who possess a warrior attitude in that he loves to compete and never backs down from physical play … Is a great rebounder who understands how to use his frame and long arms … Shows great body control as he is able to get knocked around and still finish … Despite being a junior, Noah has untapped potential …

notice how it says he is a "great rebounder" and has "excellent touch"
He is not a great rebounder. I've watched him the past 2 seasons NY. He's a good rebounder but for a guy his size, he should be better.

And Noah does not have excellent touch. That is downright laughable. I've grown to hate NBADRAFT.net because they're so off on their analysis. I'm sorry but if you think Noah has "excellent touch" than I don't know what to say. Go back and watch some of his games and tell me he has "excellent touch."

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
He is not a great rebounder. I've watched him the past 2 seasons NY. He's a good rebounder but for a guy his size, he should be better.

And Noah does not have excellent touch. That is downright laughable. I've grown to hate NBADRAFT.net because they're so off on their analysis. I'm sorry but if you think Noah has "excellent touch" than I don't know what to say. Go back and watch some of his games and tell me he has "excellent touch." That is down right laughable.
now here's the problem, in the other forum about EG and Rose, you quoted nbadraft.net, but now it's soft? What's the deal? Do you like this site or not? I maintain that it's decent, but nothing better than a loser living rent free in their parents basement could do. That's all. Either we use this site, or we do not do so.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

also, i do think that Noah is a good rebounder. he similar to Chandler, but he acutally understands what the hell basketball is about.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
also, i do think that Noah is a good rebounder. he similar to Chandler, but he acutally understands what the hell basketball is about.
Please don't compare Tyson's rebounding ability to Joakim's.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i hope you don't mean in rebounding.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote