Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rep circle jerk because both of you couldn't add? What a bizarre idea.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Rep circle jerk because both of you couldn't add? What a bizarre idea.
Isn't it grand?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
like the 2007-2008 celtics?
Exactly. haha. I mean sure you can but, I dont morally agree with it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ummmm....Otis Smith is back peddling on his re-sign Hedo talks now. The same talks that he reiterated after acquiring Carter. So what is he doing? I believe he is completely destroying the dynamic of the team and turning Orlando, a mismatch nightmare, into a more conventional team. Because, there is a very good chance that Ryan Anderson or Rasheed Wallace or another FA PF, will be playing that position. I think Otis is a great GM and his moves normally pay off but, he's ******* up if this is the plan. You just took away what makes the Magic the Magic and makes them so damn dangerous in the first place. While, they'll have a lineup potentially still more talented than everyone's. They'll be playing a different brand of ball and that could really hurt this team. I can understand why he'd want a more conventional lineup but, seriously...you just made it to the finals w/ this young group w/ an unorthodox lineup that gave teams fits. No reason to pretty much blow that up.

PG: Nelson, Johnson
SG: Carter, Redick
SF: Lewis, Pietrus
PF: Wallace, Anderson
C: Howard

Something like that without the needed bench help through FA.

edit...there is always a chance Pietrus could start but, that destroys the bench and his starting is in question anyway being so foul prone. I love him as the perfect 6th man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-26-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rasheed is perfect for the Spurs, I don't see why he wouldn't opt to go there...That truly has to put them back into contention for 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selling the pick was a smart move by the Lakers. Hopefully we can resign Odom, Ariza, AND Brown

I'm also interested in the Chinemelu Elonu pick, he seems that he could be a off the bench bull dog we need.

All hail the cash trades.

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-26-2009 at 12:20 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That proposed Warriors/Suns deal is Amare for Andris Biedrins, Kaleena Azubuike, Brendan Wright, Marco Bellinelli and Stephan Curry. Holy ****, that's a lot to give up for Amare coming off knee and eye injuries and he can opt out of his contract after the season. That deal could really blow up in the Warriors face.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

so anyone know what the deal is charlie coley??
he was my favorite prospect and didn't get drafted

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
That proposed Warriors/Suns deal is Amare for Andris Biedrins, Kaleena Azubuike, Brendan Wright, Marco Bellinelli and Stephan Curry. Holy ****, that's a lot to give up for Amare coming off knee and eye injuries and he can opt out of his contract after the season. That deal could really blow up in the Warriors face.
I though it was only for Beidrins, Azabuike, and a 2010 1st

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah looks like hedo is opting out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4288680

You guys lost Lee, Alston, and now Hedo. All this for Carter and I dont see how this is better for the team now.

Last edited by bantx : 06-26-2009 at 01:32 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
They're including Azubuike now? I dont like that from their stand point. They should hold onto Kelenna.

The deal wouldnt be completed without having Amare sign an extension. Way too much risk involved, otherwise.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-26-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yeah looks like hedo is opting out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4288680

You guys lost Lee, Alston, and now Hedo. All this for Carter and I dont see how this is better for the team now.
This isnt news though. Everyone knew Hedo was opting out regardless of a Magic offer or not...to test the market. He said it the day after the finals. So, I dont know why they would think it's such a big deal now. While Otis said it will be "hard" to re-sign him now, they're apparently going to keep a close eye on the situation still, according to Orlando Sentinel writer, John Denton.

Listening to Otis, though...it doesnt sound all that good. They still have a very talented roster w/ out Hedo, one of the best in the league still but, our bench looks like it's going to blow....especially if Pietrus starts. Regardless...Orlando will have at least 4 all-stars in their lineup...so, they're def. going to be really good but, losing Lee and Hedo just pisses me off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say this, but Nelson/Lee/Hedo/Rashard/Dwight is a much better lineup than Nelson/Carter/Rashard/???/Dwight.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I hate to say this, but Nelson/Lee/Hedo/Rashard/Dwight is a much better lineup than Nelson/Carter/Rashard/???/Dwight.
They very well may be building to beat the Lakers...like the Cavs are trying to build to beat the Magic. So, they may go conventional.

So instead of:

Nelson/Lee/Hedo/Rashard/Dwight (double SFs)

you'd have...

Nelson/Carter/Rashard/Sheed/Dwight (truer PF)

I love our style of play and we made it to the freaking finals. Such a drastic move wasnt needed, I agree.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They very well may be building to beat the Lakers...like the Cavs are trying to build to beat the Magic. So, they may go conventional.

So instead of:

Nelson/Lee/Hedo/Rashard/Dwight (double SFs)

you'd have...

Nelson/Carter/Rashard/Sheed/Dwight (truer PF)

I love our style of play and we made it to the freaking finals. Such a drastic move wasnt needed, I agree.
I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at this point that Sheed is going to Orlando. Cleveland is still interested and reupping with Detroit is still an option.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at this point that Sheed is going to Orlando. Cleveland is still interested and reupping with Detroit is still an option.
Oh I agree...that was just for projection purposes. Orlando says they're in the market for a true PF so, that may mean they go to a lineup, like so. Wallace or not. Just subsitute Wallace's name for "true PF".

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kevin Love sent out a Twitter post on Friday indicating that Ricky Rubio indeed would remain in Spain.
I had my apprehensions, but Twitter is pretty frickin quick with the news.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I had my apprehensions, but Twitter is pretty frickin quick with the news.
Well he was just basing that off of Rubio's father's quotes from last night. Also, I love Kevin Love.
Quote:
Big shout out to my uncle Mike Love of the Beach Boys for the making of "California girls"...I am seņor amor, I can convince the young Jedi
Yes, he will convince Rubio to come to Minny.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. Kevin Love is awesome.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wouldnt put much stock into that, this Rubio thing is still on going.

Did you see when espn showed Love's twitter after they drafted Ty Lawson? haha. "What are we doing!??!?!? omg we better trade." hahaha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

twitter apparently just said lakers traded for amar'e. wtf? i dont believe it but we'll see.

edit: I'm getting the feeling he's joking, that scared me for a minute there, wowzers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
yes, all the match-up problems are gone if Hedo leaves. Getting rid of him will make it to easy for the Cavs to beat the Magic. The Cavs didn't have the right defenders to cover both Hedo and Rashard but if they keep this line-up, Lebron can cover Rashard, thus eliminating that pick and roll that killed the Cavs and the match up problems that were caused by having 2 6'10" fowards who could shoot the three. Now Shaq's life will be alot easier only having to guard Dwight in the post and not have to worry about the pick and roll with Hedo and Dwight.

Honestly if this line-up is supposed to stop the Lakers, the Magic GM needs to go. Now you have an aging star who from my understanding does not play defense all that well who will be charged with covering the games best pure scorer in Kobe. And if you add Rasheed you have a guy who has potential to be great but he hasn't put in the effort as of late who will be charged with guarding one of the big men that consist of Gasol/Bynum/Odom.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really liking what the Knicks are doing. Soon enough they'll be the second coming of that fast Suns team. They got a guy in Jordan Hill who can bring a ton of energy on defense and on offense. Hill plays with a ton of passion and was really the heart of that Arizona team. He isn't afraid to mix it up or dunk over you. He will be the Amare Stoudamire of the Knicks. Toney Douglas can flat out score and I remember watching that Florida St. - Wisconsin game and just being awe struck at how easily this guy was scoring. He was doing it all. He could be the second coming of LeAndro Barbosa. Douglas will be a great change of pace guy behind Duhon. Then they got Darko as well which will help on the defensive side of the ball when the Knicks have to go against a big center.

The Kings also did a great job IMO of adding 4 good players. Evans will complement Kevin Martin nicely with his slashing style. Casspi is another slasher who is very athletic on the wings, something that the Kings lacked last season with Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, Rashaad McCants and Andres Nocioni. Then they get Sergio Rodriguez who IMO is very similar to Rubio. Rodriguez is a good playmaker who was Rubio before there was Rubio. I believe his nickname coming into the draft was Spanish Chocolate and he might bring back some memories of Jason Williams in Sac Town. And they added Brockman who is exactly the kind of player they needed, a tough interior prescence opposite the more finnesse playing styles of Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is ridiculous. If we can keep Curry and Ellis, I am down with trading for Amare, but otherwise, I am really unsure. He can give us an All-Star potential and fits with Nellie's scheme, but his trouble on defense as a 5 and injury problems concern me very much. I like Curry's fit with the team and his ability to jack up 3's fits perfectly well with the Warriors; I also like his jump shot contrast with Ellis' slashing ability. We would lack a true PG still though...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Espn Said the deal was....

Biedrins
Curry
Belinelli and/or
Wright

for

Amare

Still a very good return for the Suns. But not involving Azubuike.

But ESPN News said they were trying hard to keep Curry out of the deal still, as well. It should get done, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS