Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I know you're talking to MOTH, but yeah he does have a pretty decent one from the Mavs games I've seen.
From what you've seen, where would you rate it on the Unified Scale Of Jumper Quality From Big Men, from one to Dirk Nowitzki?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
From what you've seen, where would you rate it on the Unified Scale Of Jumper Quality From Big Men, from one to Dirk Nowitzki?
I don't think I've seen enough of him to grade him like that. I don't know 5.5-6 maybe. A Mavs fan would be more reliable.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo is about right. He definitely been working on his midrange game, he looked alot more confident in his jumper in his 2nd year with the mavs, then he did in his 1st. And ORL fans will especially like the fact he is a 80%+ free throw shooter, shooting 87% last season.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

If the Magic could sign Sheed (like ive been saying for a long ass time now) and keep Gortat, that would be awesome.

Rick Rielly said on ESPN radio that he heard Sheed wants to play for the Magic and is willing to do so for cheap.

Sheed and Gortat and no Hedo would be so bad ass.

This off season is sweet so far. Getting rid of Turk had to be done, I'm glad Otis saw that. He's a turd.

Vince is a turd too, but Vince can score just a good as turk, play the same ****** D as turk, create a shot for himself better than turk and not turn the ball over and waste possessions as frequently as turk.

Sheed can help Howard with his touch in the post and will work well with him. He's been tutoring Howard for a few years now.

Gortat needs to come back, he is bad ass and wants to stay in Orlando. Just have to hope he doesn't get a great offer.

All I'm concerned about is backup pg. I would have loved to have Rafer coming off of the bench. AJ is the only turd that is going to be left on the roster.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gortat would have to be stupid to come back. Teams are ready to give him a starting job right now and he's pretty full of himself. I love him but, he thinks he's a star and even said, he wants to play 48 minutes per game. lol. Of course he was joking but, he wants out of Dwight's shadow. I want him back but, we cant really increase his minutes all that much.

Also Otis tried to bring Turk back initially but, he rejected a $36 million deal. The plan was to bring him back, though. And Rashard while happy, is also torn up apparently because, he and Turk have grown really close. He's still holding out hope that we bring Hedo back.

You and D disappeared at the same time...weird. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-27-2009 at 08:25 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What's the rules on a sign and trade involving two UFA? I'd package Bass and another low/mid salary for Hedo.
Anyone, por favor.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What's the rules on a sign and trade involving two UFA? I'd package Bass and another low/mid salary for Hedo.
Don't know the rules, but what about Hedo for Bass and Barea?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can do it w/ multiple FAs but, the Mavs have no cap room so it wouldn't work. You'd have to have available cash. Otherwise, it would have to be like a normal trade where the salaries match. And Orlando couldnt take Bass at the MLE price range and an additional $4 million or so, to cover Hedo. Also, if that was the case, they would just take Hedo at 9 to 10 million per.

It's like that mega sign and trade deal w/ Eddie Curry a few years ago. They had to match salaries because, neither team had any cap room. That one involved those disgusting contracts from Antonio Davis and Tim Thomas.

A deal with say the Kings is doable because, they would just have to trim a few million to stay under the cap. So, if they were $7 million under and Hedo costs $10 million per. They would have to trade some $3 million in salary to Orlando. A number they can handle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-27-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Kevin Martin for Hedo and cash, gogogo!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gortat would have to be stupid to come back. Teams are ready to give him a starting job right now and he's pretty full of himself. I love him but, he thinks he's a star and even said, he wants to play 48 minutes per game. lol. Of course he was joking but, he wants out of Dwight's shadow. I want him back but, we cant really increase his minutes all that much.

Also Otis tried to bring Turk back initially but, he rejected a $36 million deal. The plan was to bring him back, though. And Rashard while happy, is also torn up apparently because, he and Turk have grown really close. He's still holding out hope that we bring Hedo back.

I'm working a lot right now, trying to be a baller.

I know Gortat has said publicly before and after the playoffs that he would like to stay with Orlando. I saw an interview where he said he wants to start, but he thinks Dwight makes him better so it's worth it to him to stay for now and he thinks that he can start here at the 4 with Howard at the 5.

we should be looking at Sheed for the short term (2 years) with Gortat subbing in for both sheed and Howard. Then Gortat can start at the 4 in a few years and we roll twin towers.

I'd like the team to look a bit more conventional personally.

I'm glad the team decided to bounce on Hedo after he rejected that offer. The smart move was to move on and that's what Otis did. He isn't worth anything over 36 mil. Ill gladly take VC, who I hate, and have the opportunity to keep Gortat and add another big instead of keeping turk.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gortat to OKC would be awesome. Dude played awesome, I like his game, and OKC needs a real center to be a legit team. He is gonna get some pretty good offers with a starting job, so I doubt he is going to want to take less money and a smaller role on a team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Shard and Hedo are like, the weirdest friend combination ever. Haha I never would have guessed that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Shard and Hedo are like, the weirdest friend combination ever. Haha I never would have guessed that.
Yeah, I know right? The same could be said w/ Tracy Mcgrady and Mike Miller. They were apparently best friends when they played for Orlando and no one in ownership knew this. So, they werent prepared for a very upset Tracy Mcgrady after Miller got traded. Way too piss of your only good player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I'm working a lot right now, trying to be a baller.

I know Gortat has said publicly before and after the playoffs that he would like to stay with Orlando. I saw an interview where he said he wants to start, but he thinks Dwight makes him better so it's worth it to him to stay for now and he thinks that he can start here at the 4 with Howard at the 5.

we should be looking at Sheed for the short term (2 years) with Gortat subbing in for both sheed and Howard. Then Gortat can start at the 4 in a few years and we roll twin towers.

I'd like the team to look a bit more conventional personally.

I'm glad the team decided to bounce on Hedo after he rejected that offer. The smart move was to move on and that's what Otis did. He isn't worth anything over 36 mil. Ill gladly take VC, who I hate, and have the opportunity to keep Gortat and add another big instead of keeping turk.
Gortat cannot play the 4. Seriously, did you see them try this in the playoffs? It was pathetic. They were bumping into eachother in the post. It was so discombobulated, they both wanted to stand in the paint and they were standing right next to eachother. It was a mess. Gortat has no jumper to speak of and neither does Dwight...it just wouldnt work. They dont compliment eachother and cant play well together on the offensive end. And Gortat away from the basket on defense? Bleh. Gortat is a center through and through and that's it.

He did say he would like to come back in the playoffs but, he also said he wanted a lot more minutes if this was the case. We cant give him that. And if you listen to him after the playoffs he has been talking about getting out of Dwight's shadow and being the star that he thinks he is. He thinks he's ready to start and there are teams that can offer him that chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Gortat start somewhere else. Redick too.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, what are people's best estimates as to where David Lee will sign this offseason, RFA who came off his best season so far, is 26 and has shown an ability to just grab rebounds left and right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Redick is... a very limited player. And I will leave it at that.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
If JJ ever starts, there is some serious problems with that particular team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheed should sign with San Antonio
Cleveland should acquire Zach Randolph
Orlando should throw some money at Mehmet Okur

That's what I say.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

All we have is the MLE so, Okur would be out of the question. If Okur would opt out of a deal that would net him $9 million or so for next year, he'd expect more on the open market...yeah, that's way too rich for our blood.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-28-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All we have is the MLE so, Okur would be out of the question. If Okur would opt out of a deal that would net him $9 million or so for next year, he'd expect more on the open market...yeah, that's way too rich for our blood.
Bah.. I thought you guys had a little bit of money to spend. Oh well, I say you guys will get Brandon Bass.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Bah.. I thought you guys had a little bit of money to spend. Oh well, I say you guys will get Brandon Bass.
Even though, I've said it a 1,000 times, that I hate to go conventional. I do love me some Brandon Bass. So, if this is the direction we're going...my fingers are crossed on this one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-28-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Even though, I've said it a 1,000 times, that I hate to go conventional. I do love me some Brandon Bass. So, if this is the direction we're going...my fingers are crossed on this one.
You guys should ink Steve Novak to a deal with part of your MLE. He'd fit in with Orlando's style.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Sheed should sign with San Antonio
Cleveland should acquire Zach Randolph
Orlando should throw some money at Mehmet Okur

That's what I say.
I don't know if Cleveland has enough ammo to get Randolph.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You can do it w/ multiple FAs but, the Mavs have no cap room so it wouldn't work. You'd have to have available cash. Otherwise, it would have to be like a normal trade where the salaries match. And Orlando couldnt take Bass at the MLE price range and an additional $4 million or so, to cover Hedo. Also, if that was the case, they would just take Hedo at 9 to 10 million per.
That's why I said we could add another low-mid number contract to make it match. Add Bass who probably wants the MLE with a contract like Matt Carroll who will be making 4.7mill next season.