Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You want a guy who will be our backup PF in exchange for the #5 pick? Craig Smith is just fine as a backup PF. By the way Mike Miller was worthless last year, Ryan Gomes played just as well in that spot.

But looking around a little bit I saw that we turned down the #8 pick + Chandler for Rubio. I don't have a link but that is a deal I definitely would have done. Take Flynn at 6 and then grab Derozan or T-Will at 8.
Yeah, backup PF is more than secured for the Wolves with Smith, Songaila and Pecherov. Also, Miller played the 2 more than anything else last year and was equally worthless at that. It just allowed him to get destroyed on the defensive end by virtually ever guard with a hint of athleticism.

And I honestly still probably wouldn't have liked the deal with the knicks even if it had been Chandler and #8. Derozan definitely has the potential to be a star, as does Williams, but I don't see the desire to be anything more than average in Derozan and Williams just doesn't do a whole lot more for me than several other prospects in the past years, such as our own Rodney Carney. That's what happens though when you have terrible ball handling and cannot get to the rim at the 2 guard position.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
God Milwaukee is dumb. Oh and he's absolutely 100 percent going to Cleveland.
Why is it a dumb move by Milwaukee? Skiles is a defensive minded coach and Charlie V is an offensive minded forward who doesn't have the speed to guard the perimter or the strength/toughness to play inside. The Bucks also dealt for Amir Johnson and I am guessing that John Hammond has big plans for him. Kurt Thomas is on the roster so he can be the starter at the 4 with Amir seeing significant playing time.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Brandon Jennings fail is going to be so much fun.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Yeah, backup PF is more than secured for the Wolves with Smith, Songaila and Pecherov. Also, Miller played the 2 more than anything else last year and was equally worthless at that. It just allowed him to get destroyed on the defensive end by virtually ever guard with a hint of athleticism.

And I honestly still probably wouldn't have liked the deal with the knicks even if it had been Chandler and #8. Derozan definitely has the potential to be a star, as does Williams, but I don't see the desire to be anything more than average in Derozan and Williams just doesn't do a whole lot more for me than several other prospects in the past years, such as our own Rodney Carney. That's what happens though when you have terrible ball handling and cannot get to the rim at the 2 guard position.

I disagree about Williams not being able to handle the ball, and I think getting to the rim is one of the best parts of his game.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Watching Brandon Jennings fail is going to be so much fun.
He is just going to hate playing under Scott Skiles, I mean he is a fast break type of dude, and he has no one to play with him in that type of style. I just wonder how long he lasts before Skiles or Jennings asks for a trade, because he seems like that type of player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I disagree about Williams not being able to handle the ball, and I think getting to the rim is one of the best parts of his game.
If getting to the rim was one of the best parts of his game, he might have shot at a higher clip than his putrid 43%. Come on, he hardly averaged over 3 free throw attempts per game and only drives to his right as his left hand is virtually absent in his ballhandling. The last player that we had that was incredibly inefficient scoring and couldn't drive left was Randy Foye and we all saw how that worked out (in no way am I comparing the two players, but rather the lack of efficiency in their offensive games).

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Sheed would be a good fit in Orlando. He really needs a strong veteran presence to keep him in check and playing hard. I think he'd walk all over Stan Van Gundy too, just like he walked all over Flip Saunders and Michael Curry.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayes staying with the Nets! yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has OKC making a real push for Milsap. What would that line up look like.

PG: Westbrook
SG: Harden
SF: Durant
PF: Green
C: Milsap

Full of talent, but a little small on the frontcourt.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Hayes staying with the Nets! yay!
I want tampering charges on your boy Jay-Z! He released D.O.A. and in a scene he was playing a one on one game of b-ball, and with...you guessed it...LBJ

Quote:
Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I want tampering charges on your boy Jay-Z! He released D.O.A. and in a scene he was playing a one on one game of b-ball, and with...you guessed it...LBJ
:D

I'm telling you guys, everyone's blowing off the Nets, but Jay-Z+Harris+Bropez+Williams+Williams+2 first rounders next year=very attractive to Lebron
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Millsap would surely play close to, or starter minutes but, he wouldnt start at center for them and they wouldnt bench Green. So, he'd probably be brought in off the bench. It would also cut into Harden's playing time. Millsap is only 6'8 or even 6'7. Like a Powe or Bass. I like OKC and I like Millsap but, it would be a weird fit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That would be ridiculously undersized but still exciting as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post

Just to let you know, Pecherov is one of the most terrible NBA players I have ever seen. Just flat out horrible at everything and one ugly ass dude.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like Millsap a lot, but that is a crazy small lineup. Very fast, very athletic. Kristic would probably still see a lot of minutes to give them a more traditional center. I'd still like the pick him up as long as Milsap and Green both see plenty of time.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would guess they move Green to the bench, it's the best fit for him could step in at SG/SF/PF and not skip a beat

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it. We're talking about a former top 5 pick here (just two years ago)...and one who has vastly improved his game. He is quite the up and comer, I dont think they'll be moving him to the bench anytime soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, OKCs bench is going to be pretty decent. If they put Milsap on the bench you will have him, Thabo, Livingston, and Collison that are all capable of playing decent minutes. At the end of last season, Watson said he didn't think he would be back. Another player in the mix is DJ White. He didn't play almost any last year because of all the surgery he had to have on his jaw. I saw him in one of the last games of the season and was very impressed, especially for a guy that only had a few games under his belt.

Plus with Mullens, we might finally be able to cut that sack of dog crap Robert Swift.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
:D

I'm telling you guys, everyone's blowing off the Nets, but Jay-Z+Harris+Bropez+Williams+Williams+2 first rounders next year=very attractive to Lebron
If they make the move to Brooklyn, then yeah probably. But until then, its attractive, but his agents will look at him and be like, look across the water and you can see how close you were to making that many more millions. And are you talking about Sean Williams as an impact player right now? The man who averages 2 points a game and 2 rebounds a game? And isn't it a little to early to say T-Williams has succeeded? I think you forgot about Lee too. And what about Yi?

Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If they make the move to Brooklyn, then yeah probably. But until then, its attractive, but his agents will look at him and be like, look across the water and you can see how close you were to making that many more millions. And are you talking about Sean Williams as an impact player right now? The man who averages 2 points a game and 2 rebounds a game? And isn't it a little to early to say T-Williams has succeeded? I think you forgot about Lee too. And what about Yi?
He hates Yi with an undying firey passion.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Well:
-Blanked on Lee, he's still new! it' late, I get a break!
-I assume the Nets will realize my genius and replace frank with me, so Williams can get the minutes he deserves and needs.
-T-Will wore a barbie backpack in high school. In my mind, he's succeeded.
-And Yi sucks. If anything his ******-ness and soft serve *****-ness will keep Lebron away from here. If Lebron doesn't sign here, and Yi's still here, I'm blaming him 100%.
-And I also forgot CDR. He was coming along QUITE nicely last year. Improved A LOT
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
He hates Yi with an undying firey passion.
I know, I brought him up just to stir the rage inside him.
Quote:
Well:
-Blanked on Lee, he's still new! it' late, I get a break!
-I assume the Nets will realize my genius and replace frank with me, so Williams can get the minutes he deserves and needs.
-T-Will wore a barbie backpack in high school. In my mind, he's succeeded.
-And Yi sucks. If anything his ******-ness and soft serve *****-ness will keep Lebron away from here. If Lebron doesn't sign here, and Yi's still here, I'm blaming him 100%.
-And I also forgot CDR. He was coming along QUITE nicely last year. Improved A LOT
Yeah, CDR was going good in Harris's place last year. Now I'm rooting for your team to keep Yi! Keep LBJ away Yi, it will be your greatest success.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the hell would you wanna be like Joe Buddens?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Why in the hell would you wanna be like Joe Buddens?
cause Joe Budden is Ill
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many rumors out there today..

* Pistons president Joe Dumars, ridiculed for trading Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson, is eager to begin reaping the rewards from that decision when the clock strikes midnight Wednesday. Armed with cap space from the expiring contracts of Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, the Pistons are widely expected to make a run at Hedo Turkoglu, Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap, with Ben Gordon looking like a fallback option. Boozer must first decline his player option and become a free agent, Millsap is an unrestricted free agent, and any interest in Gordon is a sign that the Pistons have other plans for Rip Hamilton.

* The Blazers, one of the few playoff teams with significant cap space, remain interested in an upgrade at point guard and appear to have focused on Sixers free agent Andre Miller. Word also was circulating Monday of their interest in Turkoglu, which would likely be a sign-and-trade with Orlando.

* The Cavs' interest in Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva became more realistic Monday when Milwaukee surprised everyone and declined to tender Villanueva a qualifying offer, thus removing the restricted tag from his free agency.

* The Spurs, fresh off their acquisition of Richard Jefferson, are said to be targeting either Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess to play power forward alongside Tim Duncan. Cleveland also has both players on its wish list, according to sources.

* Even going on 37, Jason Kidd will generate plenty of interest. The Knicks have been linked with the Mav/former Net, but Donnie Walsh would use the mid-level exception only if he knew he could subtract either Eddy Curry or Jared Jeffries in a trade. (Good luck.) The Knicks also do not want to jeopardize their 2010 plan, and thus would be unlikely to offer more than a one-year deal. It's hard to figure out why Kidd would take a one-year deal to fight for the eighth seed with the Knicks when he could re-sign with Dallas or join the Lakers or Cavs and have a better shot at a title. Stranger things, of course, have happened.

UPDATE: Kidd will meet with Knicks officials on Wednesday, according to the New York Daily News.

* Trevor Ariza's agent, David Lee, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Monday that the Lakers should not expect to get a home-town discount for his client.

* Stephon Marbury, an unrestricted free agent, told the Boston Globe via email that he is not hiring an agent and will stick with NBA Players Association lawyer Hal Biagas as his pro bono representative on a new contract. (If he gets one.) Thus, Marbury won't have to pay someone a percentage of his salary for negotiating the deal. "The best thing about the NBAPA," Marbury said, "is that they work for you for free."

* Agent Dan Fegan confirmed that Anderson Varejao will decline his player option and become a free agent. The Cavaliers are hardly sweating, as several potentially better power forwards will be available.

* Marc Fleisher, the agent for Jazz center Mehmet Okur, told the Salt Lake Tribune Monday night that he expected his client to opt out, though nothing had been decided yet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. Charlie Villanueva! Would be a perfect fit.

I would also like Jason Kidd, making our backcourt elite with Delonte West as an excellent sixth man.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote