Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Hmm. Charlie Villanueva! Would be a perfect fit.

I would also like Jason Kidd, making our backcourt elite with Delonte West as an excellent sixth man.
CV has some offensive skills and is also a good rebounder, but his defense is atrocious.

Kidd doesn't fit in Cleveland... why would you move Mo to SG to make room for Kidd?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DET Fire Curry. Odd timing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4297296

Last edited by Paul : 06-30-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
cause Joe Budden is Ill
Joe Budden is a as Ill as Matt Harpring

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Joe Budden is a as Ill as Matt Harpring
lol not even close Joe Budden is one of the best rappers out right now.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Ricky Rubio will not play in Minnesota. Also, when did Amir Johnson get dealt?
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
CV has some offensive skills and is also a good rebounder, but his defense is atrocious.

Kidd doesn't fit in Cleveland... why would you move Mo to SG to make room for Kidd?
We need more athleticism in the frontcourt, Shaq was a big boost but he isn't much of an upgrade in the running department. We're a defensive team, his D is bound to improve in an atmosphere like ours.

Because Mo is a chucker and Delonte is a great fit as a sixth man. Mo, IMO, can play the point at times but is better in a Ben Gordon type role. Delonte is a great combo guard and sixth man, very underrated, but would flourish coming off the bench.

Kidd would also add some size to an undersized front court.

Not a move I'm begging for, but it would be an upgrade. And LBJ wanted him badly a few years ago.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Ricky Rubio will not play in Minnesota. Also, when did Amir Johnson get dealt?
It was part of the RJ deal.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DETROIT BADBOY
Rookie

DETROIT BADBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well with the curry firing the pistons need to hurry and make a hire it will be hard to sign charlie v and ben gordan without a coach...ill take jeff van gundy
DETROIT BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF... that's terrible timing. I hope this organization isn't as disorganized as it seems.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw a top rumor on Twitter that Jason Kidd is meeting with the Knicks?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we act quick and hire Avery Johnson or something. Not that I'm high on any of the Free Agents this year, but we can't go into FA without a coach.. Unless Dumars did this now so he can have an excuse to not sign any Free Agents..
Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for the start of FA.

...even though I'm pretty sure Orlando will take the sit back and wait approach. They still want to try to resign Turk. ...and I still think they have a chance. Lewis has stated how badly he wants Turk back, but if he really feels that way, he should take a pay cut... which he won't. But they have a chance because only a few teams out there have the kind of cap to pay Turk what he wants. The Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings. Of those teams, I'd eliminate the Griz and Thunder because they are already stacked at the SF position. Pistons could go for Hedo, but I don't see it. They want to make a bigger splash... they traded Chauncey to get that space in the first place and it wasn't so that they could land Hedo. Detroit may not even be interested in Boozer. So I'd eliminate Detroit from the running as well. That leaves the Blazers and Kings. Two teams in the rebuilding process. How much of a pay cut will Hedo accept to come back to Orlando?

Well, the Blazers after renouncing the rights to Channing Frye should be $8.7 million under the cap. That's not even a pay cut since Orlando originally offered Hedo a 4 year, $36M offer and Orlando has no state tax. Maybe Orlando can't offer Hedo that kind of offer anymore after picking up Vince and maybe they're just saying the right words to ease the fact that they don't want him back anymore. I have read that the Magic could still do a S&T with Hedo but that the chances were remote. I could see Hedo having interest to play with the Blazers. Brandon Roy is a star and they have promising big men and some budding youth.

The other team is the Kings and they are only $7.5M under the cap. Add to the fact that they pay Nocioni $8M per and also have Francisco Garcia and Donte Greene at the SF position. Would they really pay up for Turkoglu? ...and they just drafted Omri Cassipi at the end of Round 1.

A S&T seems like the best bet for Hedo to get the kind of money he wants, but it's hard to see the right scenario where that works out. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. The SF FA crop is pretty nice with other names like Ariza, Odom, Artest and maybe Marion.

Personally, I was ready to trade Hedo at the deadline, so I'm more than fine to see him walk. Things turned out for the better as Orlando wouldn't have made the finals and had the kind of year they had without Hedo... or would they if they made a great trade? We'll never know. Lewis and Howard have stated how they want Hedo back, but do they really? Or are they just saying the right things to their friend. Because both have also stated other words... Lewis saying he wouldn't mind moving back to SF where he played the first 9 years of his career and is more comfortable on defense. Howard has said he would like the Magic to add a PF. Those things don't happen if Hedo returns.

Getting Vince was a great first step in this offseason. The Magic now have a bonafide "go to" guy who isn't limited to pick and roll plays or jump shots in the clutch. The Lakers out rebounded the Magic and were able to match up defensively against the Magic's shooters. So the next step is addressing PF.

Sounds like Sheed could be an option, but the Cavs and Spurs are also mentioned among his suitors. Bass would be great, but there will be plenty of teams for him to choose from and he may even get more than the MLE. I would be happy with a Chris Wilcox. Antonio McDyess doesn't interest me at all (that ring seeking leech)... but realistically, he could help out. If Okur opts out, that's intriguing. Channing Frye was renounced and he has some skills. Could Drew Gooden return to the team that drafted him??? I'd have some mixed feelings there.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Just saw a top rumor on Twitter that Jason Kidd is meeting with the Knicks?
Yeah, he said in January that the Knicks are a team he would be interested in playing with. Not sure if he is using them as leverage though. It brings him closer to where his kids live. But farther away from a championship run... and he never seemed like a family man to me. *jab jab* LOL.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I hope we act quick and hire Avery Johnson or something. Not that I'm high on any of the Free Agents this year, but we can't go into FA without a coach.. Unless Dumars did this now so he can have an excuse to not sign any Free Agents..
Well it's not as bad as college recruiting, but still... not great timing for a team with a ton of cap room and so much power in FA.

Avery would be a nice hire there, but I wonder if Dumars dials up old buddy Bill Lambeer...???
Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
We need more athleticism in the frontcourt, Shaq was a big boost but he isn't much of an upgrade in the running department. We're a defensive team, his D is bound to improve in an atmosphere like ours.

Because Mo is a chucker and Delonte is a great fit as a sixth man. Mo, IMO, can play the point at times but is better in a Ben Gordon type role. Delonte is a great combo guard and sixth man, very underrated, but would flourish coming off the bench.

Kidd would also add some size to an undersized front court.

Not a move I'm begging for, but it would be an upgrade. And LBJ wanted him badly a few years ago.
Kidd will go for more than the MLE. How would the Cavs pull that off?

Edit- I guess if he's meeting with the Knicks maybe he won't go for more than that. Hmmmm. Not a good fit in Cleveland still imo.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
lol not even close Joe Budden is one of the best rappers out right now.
He's not even Top 20

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hedo's agent said three teams...Portland, Toronto, or Detroit. Portland is expected to make the biggest push at probably $10 million per.

Bass def. wont receive more than the MLE. There are too many guys that could get the real FA bucks and there is not enough available cash for him to be on of those guys.

The Pistons are probably the only team that can offer CV more money than the MLE. And if they cant land Boozer, they may just do so. Otherwise, he'll be had for the MLE as well.

Grant Hill has interest in returning to the Suns or Magic on the cheap.

And I def. think Dwight and Hedo are sincere, this is a very close team and Lewis/Turk have grown very, very close the last few years. Dwight expressed his distaste for the trade initially to get VC as well because, he was such good friends with Lee and Battie. He's since said he likes the deal and VC now but, he's a little torn at the same time. So, he's holding out hope they could bring Turkoglu back into the fold.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-30-2009 at 02:39 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Kidd will go for more than the MLE. How would the Cavs pull that off?

Edit- I guess if he's meeting with the Knicks maybe he won't go for more than that. Hmmmm. Not a good fit in Cleveland still imo.
There will be a lot of guys going for the MLE that should make more than that. That's where the market is, though. Very few teams have cash and there are a few guys who will be taking up large sums of the actual money available. That leaves a lot of good players who can only sign for the MLE, tops.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hedo on the Blazers would give them a pretty solid team IMO if they find that true PG they need.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Blazers with Kidd and Hedo would be sweet deals.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Hedo on the Blazers would give them a pretty solid team IMO if they find that true PG they need.
Their goal is to add Hedo via FA. And Andre Miller through a sign and trade deal that they're currently dicussing with Philly. That's a scary team. Blake and maybe a filler would be going to the Sixers in return.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I'd rather have Andre Miller than Kidd.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say that'd probably be more expensive, but since they can sign+trade, that's good stuff. Crazy Blazers.

When does FA start?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I was going to say that'd probably be more expensive, but since they can sign+trade, that's good stuff. Crazy Blazers.

When does FA start?
Tonight at midnight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Their goal is to add Hedo via FA. And Andre Miller through a sign and trade deal that they're currently dicussing with Philly. That's a scary team. Blake and maybe a filler would be going to the Sixers in return.
Plus the depth. Rudy, Batum, damn. They may contend if Oden is healthy. Doesn't even have to be amazing, just a big time defensive force who can dunk when needed.

Follow Me on Twitter!