Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boozer picks up his option and stays with the Jazz.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4298160
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I read somewhere the Nets got Orlando's MLE in the VC deal. can anyone confirm/kill that?

Also, the Knicks want Kidd solely for Lebron. That's gotta be the only reason. Lebron said REPEATEDLY how much he loved playing with Kidd and would LOVE to in the NBA. you dirty dirty Knicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Houston needing a big man and Cleveland needing another post presence I just played around with this trade and it worked.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5157914

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I think I read somewhere the Nets got Orlando's MLE in the VC deal. can anyone confirm/kill that?

Also, the Knicks want Kidd solely for Lebron. That's gotta be the only reason. Lebron said REPEATEDLY how much he loved playing with Kidd and would LOVE to in the NBA. you dirty dirty Knicks.
It was a trade exception.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

Smart move by Boozer. Didn't seem like the Pistons were gonna give him the money he wanted.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It was a trade exception.
Ironically... wasn't that the Keyon Dooling trade exception Orlando got from the Nets in the first place? LOL if true.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's some big news...far cry from him earlier in the season when he said that he would opt out no matter what.

Quote:
With Houston needing a big man and Cleveland needing another post presence I just played around with this trade and it worked.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5157914
That trade actually works really well, everyone gets what they need. Almost makes too much sense.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow. I wonder if that'd force Millsap out then.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it had to be that one. It was worth like $2 million and the one for Wilks was not even worth a million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post

That trade actually works really well, everyone gets what they need. Almost makes too much sense.
I know. I was surprised with how well it worked out. The GM's for those teams need to look at this board and look at my trade!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Millsap wants $65 million. He wont be back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what's the deal with trade exemptions? I get teh MLE, but what's a TE do exactly?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what's the deal with trade exemptions? I get teh MLE, but what's a TE do exactly?
For instance if a team was trying to trade a $2 million player and wanted a $12 million player, it could be done if that team had a $10 million trade exemption.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They're valuable if they have some meat on them. haha. Not like the $700,000 one we have.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Chris Broussard just said he thinks Hedo will land in Toronto. Calls it a neck and neck race with Portland.
You know... Toronto will have the money to pay Hedo if they don't bring back Marion... That's the only way they have enough money.

Combine that and the fact that I keep reading that Marion will have to take a $10M pay cut from the $17M he made last year...where ever he ends up at. Gets me thinking... Could there be a S&T deal possibility with Hedo going to Toronto and Marion to Orlando? I think Marion would quickly snatch that 4 year, $34-36M (depending where you read) that Orlando offered Hedo...or anything above the MLE. Marion fills 4 depth chart positions all by himself. 3-4 other guys at the minimum or the LLE would then easily work for Orlando.

This is an article about Toronto possibly looking at Hedo. And Marion having to take a pay cut. I've even read some places that say Marion may be willing to take the MLE just because of the tight market.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1202000/

I'm pretty sure I'm off my rocker dreaming that scenario up, but it was fun thought.

Last edited by D-Unit : 06-30-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ohhh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me!

stupid Nets. I miss Ryan Anderson :(
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
ohhh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me!

stupid Nets. I miss Ryan Anderson :(
Ryan Anderson is so good it's scary. :)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You know... Toronto will have the money to pay Hedo if they don't bring back Marion... That's the only way they have enough money.

Combine that and the fact that I keep reading that Marion will have to take a $10M pay cut from the $17M he made last year...where ever he ends up at. Gets me thinking... Could there be a S&T deal possibility with Hedo going to Toronto and Marion to Orlando? I think Marion would quickly snatch that 4 year, $34-36M (depending where you read) that Orlando offered Hedo...or anything above the MLE. Marion fills 4 depth chart positions all by himself. 3-4 other guys at the minimum or the LLE would then easily work for Orlando.

This is an article about Toronto possibly looking at Hedo. And Marion having to take a pay cut. I've even read some places that say Marion may be willing to take the MLE just because of the tight market.

I'm pretty sure I'm off my rocker dreaming that scenario up, but it was fun thought.
Marion is the co-chairman of the Players That Take Way Too Many Threes club (along with Josh Smith). I'd love him on the team regardless.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Toronto has tons of cash. And Marion and Turk play the same position on their team atleast, so they wouldnt need him back anyway, most likely. They cut like $26 million off their cap with Marion, Graham, and Parker.

And that contract we offered Hedo was prior to the VC deal. We probably dont even want to spend that type of money anymore. If Orlando wanted a declining Marion to put at PF, he could be had w/ the full MLE, if Otis wanted to spend it. But, I doubt that he'd be acquired via sign and trade. They'll just let him go.

PG Calderon
SG Derozan
SF Turkoglu
PF Bosh
C Bargnani

^No room for Marion^

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ryan Anderson is so good it's scary. :)
I wish that was the case. lol. He's like Garrity 2.0 or Troy Murphy 2.0. Not a bad thing to have, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wish that was the case. lol. He's like Garrity 2.0 or Troy Murphy 2.0. Not a bad thing to have, though.
I think he's somewhere in between that. Garrity was a one trick pony who's 3 point shot was a lot like Redick's. I always expected more. Anderson has moves around the basket that Garrity never had, but is not the rebounder that Murphy is. I'm happy to have him on the team. He doesn't come with a lot of expectations, so I think he could surprise some.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Toronto has tons of cash. And Marion and Turk play the same position on their team atleast, so they wouldnt need him back anyway, most likely. They cut like $26 million off their cap with Marion, Graham, and Parker.

And that contract we offered Hedo was prior to the VC deal. We probably dont even want to spend that type of money anymore. If Orlando wanted a declining Marion to put at PF, he could be had w/ the full MLE, if Otis wanted to spend it. But, I doubt that he'd be acquired via sign and trade. They'll just let him go.

PG Calderon
SG Derozan
SF Turkoglu
PF Bosh
C Bargnani

^No room for Marion^
Chad Ford says, "The Raptors could be around $9 million under if they let Shawn Marion, Anthony Parker and Joey Graham all walk. That's a possibility. However, Bryan Colangelo has been saying he'd like to re-sign Marion. If the two come to an agreement, the Raptors' cap room is essentially gone."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...apSpace-090629
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Kings would get a real center. Ever since Vlade left when have just put some tall white guys that can shoot in their. We need a shot blocker. I was really hoping Thabeet would fall to 4.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sounds like the Knicks are in the mix to give Gortat the full MLE according to the NY Post GM Walsh covets him.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think his numbers are wrong. Broussard was talking about it today. And they were only $12 million over last season. And those three guys contracts equal $26 million. So, that would leave atleast $14 million. And they would have to make a choice...Hedo or Marion, they both are Sfs on Toronto. Colangelo is said to love Hedo too and they want to make things more attractive to Bosh so, they'd probably go with Hedo.

I still think he lands in Portland, though myself. But I think he'll be playing for one of them and neither one should have to do a sign and trade. And if they did...it would only net us cheap salary players in return to make it work for them most likely. That could be a good thing, though because, of our money woes. But I still think S&T is unlikely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS