Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ryan Anderson is so good it's scary. :)
oh yea well so is Lee and our cap space! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...38893/15808843

Only a handful of teams have enough cap space to sign a max player, the Pistons being chief among them. According to sources, the Pistons are expected to reach out to Boozer, Hedo Turkoglu, and Ben Gordon when the negotiating period begins. Oklahoma City and Memphis also are flush with cap room, but neither team is expected to make a big splash this summer. So does Boozer want to walk away from $12.7 million based on one team making it worth his while?

With Boozer deciding to stay with the Jazz... does that really mean Hedo is at the top of the list for the Pistons? LOL. They should've kept Billups.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I wish the Kings would get a real center. Ever since Vlade left when have just put some tall white guys that can shoot in their. We need a shot blocker. I was really hoping Thabeet would fall to 4.
And move Jason Thompson to the 3?

Whoecer/Martin/Thompson/Hawes/Someone like Thabeet is a HUGE lineup.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thompson cant play SF. He's fine where he is. He's a PF/C. Not a PF/SF.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh yea well so is Lee and our cap space! :D
Lee won't have the chance to really thrive if he's sharing time on the court with Terence Williams (who I love more than Lee). Both are true SGs. Forcing one to play SF is a bad idea. The Nets traded for Lee and 6 hours later drafted Williams. They should've drafted Earl Clark because we all know Lebron isn't coming to NJ.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams will be fine at SF. Plus his shooting isnt really where you would want it for a SG yet. I agree that he'd make for a better SG down the line but, he would be just fine at SF. He has the the will and the body for it. And let him play some point forward, he'd be right at home.

PG Harris
SG Lee
SF Williams
PF Yi/Battie
C Lopez

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...38893/15808843

Only a handful of teams have enough cap space to sign a max player, the Pistons being chief among them. According to sources, the Pistons are expected to reach out to Boozer, Hedo Turkoglu, and Ben Gordon when the negotiating period begins. Oklahoma City and Memphis also are flush with cap room, but neither team is expected to make a big splash this summer. So does Boozer want to walk away from $12.7 million based on one team making it worth his while?

With Boozer deciding to stay with the Jazz... does that really mean Hedo is at the top of the list for the Pistons? LOL. They should've kept Billups.
I can't believe the Pistons didn't try to pursue Boozer. They need a PF. Also, why the hell would they target Ben Gordon? Don't they have one already in Richard Hamilton?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'd be a mistake to have T-Will at the 2. He'd be perfect at the 3.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I still cant believe the Thunder may offer Millsap $65 million. It's an odd fit. I wonder if the Pistons would get in on that. Who knows who they will sign? It probably will be Gordan and like CV. Awful off-season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-30-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thunder are trying to copy the Magic gameplan. The difference is that Dwight Howard makes the Magic work: He gets 14 rebounds a game and helps make up for the fact that without him the Magic would be a bottom-five rebounding team in the league.

Millsap isn't tall enough to do that.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Link to the Summer League rosters as of the 28th.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2009...-roster-taking

Was interested to see who the Magic have on their summer league team. So far Ryan Anderson, Levance Fields, Richard Hendrix, Russell Robinson, and Darian Townes are listed.

I loved Levance Fields at Pitt. Typical Pitt player who played with passion and leadership and hit some clutch shots for them. I think he has a shot at being our 3rd PG.

But the name that sticks out to me most is Richard Hendrix. Hendrix is a guy from last year's draft that I really liked, but GS drafted him and didn't play him a minute. I was pleasantly surprised to see him on our Summer League team. Hendrix at 6-9, 255 is the kind of big hustling body we need. He could very well end up being a nice sleeper. I hope he makes the team. He was a beast at Bama.

I know nothing of Russell Robinson and Darian Townes, but I'm about to go do some fun research. :)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Williams will be fine at SF. Plus his shooting isnt really where you would want it for a SG yet. I agree that he'd make for a better SG down the line but, he would be just fine at SF. He has the the will and the body for it. And let him play some point forward, he'd be right at home.

PG Harris
SG Lee
SF Williams
PF Yi/Battie
C Lopez
this is pretty much right except for the 4 spot. Yi and Battie better not split that spot. Trade Yi. Sign Bass. Bass and Williams at the 4=sex. Battie can be our 5th big and we can hope Najera gets lost.

Williams at the 3 is a perfect fit really. I think he'll thrive there.

because i dont wanna double post and what not:

-read an article on T-Will when he was introduced. I love this kid. Love his character, his D, his hustle, everything. Love him

-I want us to sign Channing Frye. Do it now Nets

-I think we may trade Alston eventually. he's gonna ***** and moan being the 3rd best PG on this team. Let's ship his ass as soon as we can
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 06-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

No, not at all, Millsap is short for a PF even at 6'8 or 6'7. I cant see them starting him at center, I just cant. And there is no way they'll bench Green. The guy plays 37 minutes per as it is. They should make a play for Gortat if they want a center.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-30-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Was interested to see who the Magic have on their summer league team. So far Ryan Anderson, Levance Fields, Richard Hendrix, Russell Robinson, and Darian Townes are listed.

I loved Levance Fields at Pitt. Typical Pitt player who played with passion and leadership and hit some clutch shots for them. I think he has a shot at being our 3rd PG.

But the name that sticks out to me most is Richard Hendrix. Hendrix is a guy from last year's draft that I really liked, but GS drafted him and didn't play him a minute. I was pleasantly surprised to see him on our Summer League team. Hendrix at 6-9, 255 is the kind of big hustling body we need. He could very well end up being a nice sleeper. I hope he makes the team. He was a beast at Bama.

I know nothing of Russell Robinson and Darian Townes, but I'm about to go do some fun research. :)
Note that the following statement may but probably is not effected by my love for UA sports.

Richard Hendrix is the next Karl Malone.

Book it.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Holy hell the Jazz roster is whitetastic.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Yeah nice, Richard Hendrix. That should be exciting atleast. I liked him too and he was really good in the D League.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think it'd be a mistake to have T-Will at the 2. He'd be perfect at the 3.
I love T-Will enough to think he could make it as a 3, but I still like him at the 2 more. Don't see why that would be a mistake in any way except they now have Lee. But I like Clark at the 3 more than Williams at the 3... Definitely.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this is pretty much right except for the 4 spot. Yi and Battie better not split that spot. Trade Yi. Sign Bass. Bass and Williams at the 4=sex. Battie can be our 5th big and we can hope Najera gets lost.

Williams at the 3 is a perfect fit really. I think he'll thrive there.
Rod Thorn did hint that Yi will be starting. Sorry bucko. haha. But I also heard Yi's new post moves have everyone excited. Yeah we'll see but, you're stuck with him for now. Just hope the light turns on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Holy hell the Jazz roster is whitetastic.
Goran Suton is a baller

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Rod Thorn did hint that Yi will be starting. Sorry bucko. haha. But I also heard Yi's new post moves have everyone excited. Yeah we'll see but, you're stuck with him for now. Just hope the light turns on.
Oh I know he did. I dont get it. Kiki worked out with Sean all last summer and he was improving so much before his mental lapse. Play him. He'll give us passion and energy which will give us fans long term. All Yi gives us is a soft 7 footer who doesnt even shoot as well as advertised and a market in China for the time being. I bet with Yao down, Thorn creamed himself thinking of the TV deals he could get. that ****.
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah nice, Richard Hendrix. That should be exciting atleast. I liked him too and he was really good in the D League.
Holy crap. His D-League game log is nice.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...ichard_hendrix
Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic need to go after Ron Artest.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Goran Suton is a baller
He is so Utah Jazzy.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Holy crap. His D-League game log is nice.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...ichard_hendrix
I know. Dude was going for 14/12 a game. And he started 37/37 games.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Magic need to go after Ron Artest.
I don't think they have the guts for him. Plus I think Houston shows him the money.

I liked them to grab a name or two from this list of names:

Shawn Marion
Brandon Bass
Chris Wilcox
Mehmet Okur
Rasheed Wallace
Mike Bibby
Luther Head
Antonio McDyess
Chris Andersen
Theo Ratliff
Eddie House