Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think they have the guts for him. Plus I think Houston shows him the money.

I liked them to grab a name or two from this list of names:

Shawn Marion
Brandon Bass
Chris Wilcox
Mehmet Okur
Rasheed Wallace
Mike Bibby
Luther Head
Antonio McDyess
Chris Andersen
Theo Ratliff
Eddie House
Gerald Green
Matt Barnes
Channing Frye
Gerald Green? Seriously?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I know. Dude was going for 14/12 a game. And he started 37/37 games.
It's his defensive stats (steals and blocks) that stick out to me. I want him on the team. He can certainly be serviceable off the bench. Save us money instead of spending it on a guy like McDyess, Gooden or some other costly smuck.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither one is all that good but Yi has more upside than Sean. Sean Williams isnt much of a basketball player. Great natural talent but, he's a pretty useless basketball player. Drafting Sean Williams and Josh Boone...brilliant moves by the way. ;)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Gerald Green? Seriously?
Hey, I like him, but relooking that list I'd probably take off a few more. What did he do that was so dumb again? I forget.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Neither one is all that good but Yi has more upside than Sean. Sean Williams isnt much of a basketball player. Great natural talent but, he's a pretty useless basketball player. Drafting Sean Williams and Josh Boone...brilliant moves by the way. ;)
sean williams was awesome. his energy is just awesome. he can rebound, play D and block shots. Something Yi doesn't even come CLOSE to doing.

Boone is just bleh. an ok backup center with a huge nose
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love T-Will enough to think he could make it as a 3, but I still like him at the 2 more. Don't see why that would be a mistake in any way except they now have Lee. But I like Clark at the 3 more than Williams at the 3... Definitely.
It'd be a mistake because he isn't a scorer, a shooter, or anything in that regard. He can't create his own and he can't catch+shoot. It's a better scenario of what the Thunder had with Kyle Weaver. It just really hurts to have a SG that's good at everything except shooting. But as far as Clark goes, I'd be willing to bet he won't be worth much of anything in the NBA.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Williams is a terrible basketball player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, I like him, but relooking that list I'd probably take off a few more. What did he do that was so dumb again? I forget.
He's just the dumbest person in the NBA and he has no idea what to do with his talent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Sean Williams is a terrible basketball player.
but an awesome person in general and more useful than ******* Yi. I'd rather have a terrible basketball player with heart, energy and who can play D rather than an average at best player who's a massive female reproductive organ
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
He's just the dumbest person in the NBA and he has no idea what to do with his talent.
I dunk with him from EVERYWHERE in 2k9. made him relevant again. to me at least.
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It'd be a mistake because he isn't a scorer, a shooter, or anything in that regard. He can't create his own and he can't catch+shoot. It's a better scenario of what the Thunder had with Kyle Weaver. It just really hurts to have a SG that's good at everything except shooting. But as far as Clark goes, I'd be willing to bet he won't be worth much of anything in the NBA.
Earl Clark is a perfect fit for Phoenix and he will be successful. If he was on New Jersey I could see where he may struggle early but he'd be a viable option, just not a stud.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I just feel T-Will fits what we need. We've got a great Defensive look, minus ******* Yi.

Harris, Lee, Dooling, T-Will, Sean <3, Brook, Boone, Hassel(if he stays), Hayes are all good defensive guys.

We need some scoring, though, badly. But god I just love T-Will. His attitude and everything, he's so ******* hilarious and easy going. Our team should mesh very well.
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont buy Artest going for the MLE. He's an idiot but, I think someone would pay him. And if Houston wants to have any shot, they need him. They really need to move T-Mac, though. Houston is a confusing team at the moment. They're including Brooks in every deal they attempt and yet, they want to retain Artest and sign Gortat. They're not all that high on Brooks as they used to be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think they have the guts for him. Plus I think Houston shows him the money.

I liked them to grab a name or two from this list of names:

Shawn Marion
Brandon Bass
Chris Wilcox
Mehmet Okur
Rasheed Wallace
Mike Bibby
Luther Head
Antonio McDyess
Chris Andersen
Theo Ratliff
Eddie House
Gerald Green
Matt Barnes
Channing Frye

Barnes is overrated, i had high hopes for him coming in last year but he isnt anywhere the defender that people think he is and his scoring is very inconsistent, takes way too many 3's

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and I was going to announce it at the start of the season, but I want to let it be known before everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon. I'll be supporting the Memphis Grizzlies from here on out.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Green couldn't even find minutes on a team weak at the wings.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

not that anyone cares, but we've been talking Nets on these last 2 pages which is awesome since I'm the only Nets fan...well period really. so I'm gonna keep it going, I want for the Nets some of these guys:

Frye
Bass
Andersen
Artest
Marvin Williams
Warrick
Barnes
McCants
Wally World
Douby <3

**** it, I'd even be ok if we signed Iverson
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Barnes is overrated, i had high hopes for him coming in last year but he isnt anywhere the defender that people think he is and his scoring is very inconsistent, takes way too many 3's
He has one good spurt with the Warriors and now every fan wants their team to sign him in the offseason.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
not that anyone cares, but we've been talking Nets on these last 2 pages which is awesome since I'm the only Nets fan...well period really. so I'm gonna keep it going, I want for the Nets some of these guys:

Frye
Bass
Andersen
Artest
Marvin Williams
Warrick
Barnes
McCants
Wally World
Douby <3

**** it, I'd even be ok if we signed Iverson
I heard the Bobcats had the hots for AI.

...and McCants cheated on Kim Kardashian's ugly sister, so he's scum. LOL.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He has one good spurt with the Warriors and now every fan wants their team to sign him in the offseason.
haha. that may very well be true. i'd rather have him off the bench than Redick though. :/
Old 06-30-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont think the Nets will be doing much of anything in FA, that's the whole point of trading Carter. Pinching pennies until next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard the Bobcats had the hots for AI.
It's like AI is intentionally following Larry Brown's footsteps.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh and I was going to announce it at the start of the season, but I want to let it be known before everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon. I'll be supporting the Memphis Grizzlies from here on out.
WARNING! CHANGE YOUR TEAM NOW! haha.

I pictured you more as a future Thunder fan. But I guess Thabeet made you want to love the Griz, eh? haha.

They got some things going I guess...
Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

MOTH, found Russell Robinson's D-League stats... Now I remember him vaguely as the guard from Kansas.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...ssell_robinson

Pretty impressive stat sheet as well.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
WARNING! CHANGE YOUR TEAM NOW! haha.

I pictured you more as a future Thunder fan. But I guess Thabeet made you want to love the Griz, eh? haha.

They got some things going I guess...
I hate Thabeet, actually. I do love Harden though.

So if the Rockets don't re-sign Artest, could they get Wade, LeBron, and Bosh (Texas native) next off-season?