Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I think I am going to stop scouring for rumors, I'm seeing stuff I don't like now. Like Varejao linked to the Thunder. I will be a sad panda if that happens. Rather dump money on Lee or Milsap than that guy.

They honestly shouldn't sign anyone big time, develop their young guys, have money to resign Durant, and draft somone like Aldrich, Favors or Patterson next year. They have two firsts again, so they are in a good position. I really don't want to see Presti hamstring the future of the team to sign Milsap/Lee.
With the possibility of finally being able to win next season, why shouldn't they go out and sign somebody to man the middle? It would complete their team, and make them very competitive and intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I'm new to this, but that doesn't make sense to me? Why would the Rockets take on a big contract and crappy players to give up at least a nice player who has an expiring contract?

I understand getting rid of TMac, but isn't Curry crappy?
I like that JBond is slowly becoming an NBA fanatic. :)

BTW, yes that trade makes no sense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
With the possibility of finally being able to win next season, why shouldn't they go out and sign somebody to man the middle? It would complete their team, and make them very competitive and intriguing.
I'm ok with them taking Lee or Milsap, not ok with Varejao. I'm just worried there won't be money to pay Green, Durant and Westbrook when the time comes if they blow all their money now.

edit: Also what MOTH said right below me.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is, David Lee and Paul Millsap arent centers. And $10 million+ per season for Lee or $65 million total for Millsap is a lot to pay for a guy who may have to play out of position...or come of the bench. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucher says the first thing that's gonna happen is Piston offers to Charlie V and Ben Gordon. I'm so sorry resident Detroit fans.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, like for real. All that money and that's what you come away with? There are always questions surrounding those two. Two very offensive minded players. It wouldnt even be worth it, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Problem is, David Lee and Paul Millsap arent centers. And $10 million+ per season for Lee or $65 million total for Millsap is a lot to pay for a guy who may have to play out of position...or come of the bench. bleh.

If they want to play small like that why don't they just go after a guy like Bass who will come much cheaper. At least the failure of an experiment wouldn't eat up so much money.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless they aren't satisfied with Green and could look to trade him. I'm personally not a fan of Green at the PF position. The money being talked about for Milsap sounds absurd though. ...and I don't like the sound of Lee on the Thunder.

Lee on the Grizzlies sounds like a match made in heaven for both parties.
yo123
Legend

Yeah it's not like they are bad players even, although Ben Gordon is pretty much hated around here. I just had higher expectations for their FA class and I'm sure Pistons fans agree.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Bucher says the first thing that's gonna happen is Piston offers to Charlie V and Ben Gordon. I'm so sorry resident Detroit fans.
It just doesn't make sense to me why Dumars would all of a sudden stray from what made him successful in the first place in getting strong defensive players who are efficient on offense. Not chuckers who can't play D.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like that JBond is slowly becoming an NBA fanatic. :)

BTW, yes that trade makes no sense.
Man, don't think logically, I'm hoping the Rockets GM will just say that sounds like a good deal, I'll take it!
Quote:
I see, valid points, but Mullins is a project and isn't going to be of any impact til next season at the earliest. Also, they don't seem to be on the path to signing Gortat either. I can say that Lee performed admirably as an undersized center for the Knicks, did well on both sides of the court for D'Antoni, minus his lack of a good jump shot

Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
It just doesn't make sense to me why Dumars would all of a sudden stray from what made him successful in the first place in getting strong defensive players who are efficient on offense. Not chuckers who can't play D.

Exactly. Rip is a much better player than Gordon imo, it's an unnecessary addition.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Unless they aren't satisfied with Green and could look to trade him. I'm personally not a fan of Green at the PF position. The money being talked about for Milsap sounds absurd though. ...and I don't like the sound of Lee on the Thunder.

Nope. They're always talking up Green and he has been great for them. Westbrook, Durant, and Green are the faces of that team and that's who they're building around. And everything I've read from their writers who try to make sense of the matter, agree there is no chance Green's job is in jeopardy. I just think they want a good center really bad and there isnt one available. Save Gortat but, they dont seem interested...so maybe I dont know. lol. And then there was talk of Ben Gordon, that doesnt make a lick of sense. Hopefully they dont spend money just to spend it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't heard any grumblings about Green, so I would be rather surprised. They do need a tougher guy in the paint, as much as I like Kristic and Green, both play like perimiter guys and aren't good down low.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Man, don't think logically, I'm hoping the Rockets GM will just say that sounds like a good deal, I'll take it!

I see, valid points, but Mullins is a project and isn't going to be of any impact til next season at the earliest. Also, they don't seem to be on the path to signing Gortat either. I can say that Lee performed admirably as an undersized center for the Knicks, did well on both sides of the court for D'Antoni, minus his lack of a good jump shot
Kristic is there starter in place, though. It's not likely they're that deprived exactly. Lee at center would make more sense than Millsap but, neither really is a center. They'd just be out of place and face their share of problems while doing so.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Kristic is there starter in place, though. It's not likely they're that deprived exactly. Lee at center would make more sense than Millsap but, neither really is a center. They'd just be out of place and face their share of problems while doing so.
Well from their lineup they seem like a free flowing team, ala fast break scoring as opposed to setting up plays and trying to get high percentage shots from the paint. I am getting all this from just looking at their roster, never saw a minute of how they play. Kristic doesn't exactly seem to have that burst of speed needed to keep up with this team, but I could say that Lee does. I really am unsure how having an undersized center is a detriment to your team when he has had a penchant for getting double doubles every night.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
\ I really am unsure how having an undersized center is a detriment to your team when he has had a penchant for getting double doubles every night.

Well defensively it would be a problem. Lee has had trouble and will have trouble defending the better post scorers in the league.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The fact that they're small at PF also, is big when talking about putting a smaller guy at C. Especially Millsap who is probably closer to 6'7 than 6'8.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well defensively it would be a problem. Lee has had trouble and will have trouble defending the better post scorers in the league.
Good point, Presti made it his goal to get solid defensive players to surround Durant (see: Drafting Westbrook and Harden). Lee is somewhat lackluster on defense, although he is still a good rebounder. I'm unsure of his fit in OKC, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

They won't just go sign Gortat like I want them too :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
The fact that they're small at PF also, is big when talking about putting a smaller guy at C. Especially Millsap who is probably closer to 6'7 than 6'8.
Well they have D Lee listed at 6'9", but I could see the getting beaten by better post players argument. You gotta take the good with the bad in this case. I think that a signing like Milsap or Lee will push them over the top, and make them a legitimate shot at the 5th seed

Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That means the Thunder are going to pay a crazy amount for Lee.

1. Westbrook/Livingston
2. Harden/Thabo
3. Durant/Mason(if he signs)
4. Green/White
5. Lee/Kristic

That's not a bad lineup.
Don't forget as this team grows up, Mullens will find a spot at the 5 in that lineup as well. I take these guys as the "team of the future" over Portland any day.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Don't forget as this team grows up, Mullens will find a spot at the 5 in that lineup as well. I take these guys as the "team of the future" over Portland any day.
That plus having 2 firsts next year (Suns' unprotected) they are in very good shape. I would love to see them grab someone like Favors next year and really solidify them for a long time.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That plus having 2 firsts next year (Suns' unprotected) they are in very good shape. I would love to see them grab someone like Favors next year and really solidify them for a long time.
I didn't realize the Suns pick wasn't lottery sealed, that is huuuuge. OKC must be praying the Suns deal Amare somewhere, they could end up with 2 top 5 picks again.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah it's not like they are bad players even, although Ben Gordon is pretty much hated around here. I just had higher expectations for their FA class and I'm sure Pistons fans agree.
Just doesn't make enough sense that they would trade away Billups for this...

If I'm Dumars, and want to build for the future, I would've first off made different decisions in the draft. Drafting 3 SFs wouldn't be my plan, especially after looking at the SF FA class. I'd still be fine with the 2 2nd round SFs... Summers and Jerebko, but I definitely don't draft Daye. Instead I take a PG like Holiday, Teague or Maynor... probably pass on Lawson due to lack of D. Or even drafting James Johnson would've been preferable to Daye. Geez. All of them went in the next 5 picks. Go figure. You'd have to wait a couple years on Holiday, but Stucky can still play PG and when ready Stucky can move over to the 2 spot. ...and you still have to wait on Daye anyways.

In FA, it's simple. I go at Ariza and Millsap. Both guys who would thrive well in Detroit's system, both are young, both fit the mold of strong defense combined with effective offense. Then go knock on Gortat or Pachulia's door and get 'em in.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I haven't heard any grumblings about Green, so I would be rather surprised. They do need a tougher guy in the paint, as much as I like Kristic and Green, both play like perimiter guys and aren't good down low.
I think the Thunder should just spend wisely and pick up Wilcox for a little over the MLE.

I'm also wondering why there's not much news about Glen Davis. To me, he's one of the better big men out there. Definitely gave Orlando fits.