Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would think that if the Bulls retain Gordon. The Pistons would probably nix the CV idea and throw some cash Millsap's way. There is really not much to spend all that money on out there. They really want a PF and a scoring 2. Outside of Gordon, there isnt one available. I wouldnt even want to settle for him, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think the Thunder should just spend wisely and pick up Wilcox for a little over the MLE.
They just traded him away about 5 months ago...

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NBA’s free-agent negotiating period opened with a flurry at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, with teams positioning themselves for what figures to be a hectic and unpredictable summer unlike any other. The Portland Trail Blazers came out determined to pull off the first impact move, making a strong push to sign Hedo Turkoglu, the prized free agent of the summer, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

While Portland had been expected to prioritize an upgrade at point guard by making a run at Andre Miller, the league source said Portland came out of the gate at 12:01 a.m. trying to lure Turkoglu with a $50-million deal. After acquiring Vince Carter from the Nets to hedge against Turkoglu’s departure, the Magic are not expected to be a factor in a discussion that begins in the $10 million-per-year range.
Blazers apparently offer Hedo $50 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Pistons have Hedo as their #1 target. If we can't sign him, we're gonna go after Ben Gordon.

We're also supposedly going to pursue Big Baby.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Blazers apparently offer Hedo $50 million.
He would of course be a good pickup, but every time i see Outlaw play he is lighting it up and a factor all over the place, and they have Batum as well. Do the Blazers really want to sign Hedo and complicate the future of resigning Aldridge, Oden and Roy?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He would of course be a good pickup, but every time i see Outlaw play he is lighting it up and a factor all over the place, and they have Batum as well. Do the Blazers really want to sign Hedo and complicate the future of resigning Aldridge, Oden and Roy?
Hedo should take the money and run. The Blazers are nuts. He'll be 35 years old at the end of that contract.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Apparently the Pistons have Hedo as their #1 target. If we can't sign him, we're gonna go after Ben Gordon.

We're also supposedly going to pursue Big Baby.
I'll be sad if the Pistons get Big Baby.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't mind if the Magic made a push for Big Baby. At the rate he's developing his shot, I wouldn't be surprised if he developed a semi-consistent spot-up three eventually.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't mind if the Magic made a push for Big Baby. At the rate he's developing his shot, I wouldn't be surprised if he developed a semi-consistent spot-up three eventually.
Big Baby shooting 3's is a scary thought. But I wouldn't want to turn him into that kind of player. I like him for his size in the post and mid range shot. I must admit that he probably took advantage of playing next to Rondo, Allen and Pierce who drew a lot of attention, but he still showed something, even though his production was inconsistent. He's got some nice upside there.

As for him in Orlando... as highly as I think of him... I'd pass, unless he wanted to split the MLE.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Agent David Bauman said Tuesday afternoon that the Lakers, Cleveland Cavs and Orlando Magic were three teams he expected to join Houston in pursuit of Artest.

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/0...he-lakers.html

That's news to me. If Artest made it to Orlando, I think it would be overkill. We don't need anymore guys that command possession of the ball. Artest isn't a complimentary player. We don't have a pass first PG to start off with. Then add Carter, Lewis and Howard... they all need the ball.

I'd be happy if we simply split the MLE and landed McDyess and Luther Head. I think McDyess can be effective with less touches than he got in Detroit. He's a good rebounder and shot blocker who can play PF or C and brings a lot of hunger. Also, I think Head is very similar to Rafer Alston in many ways. With the LLE... SG depth...Keith Bogans?

PG Jameer Nelson / Luther Head / Anthony Johnson
SG Vince Carter / Keith Bogans / JJ Redick
SF Rashard Lewis / Mikael Pietrus
PF Antonio McDyess / Ryan Anderson / Richard Hendrix
C Dwight Howard / Milovan Radovic

Obviously there is a lot of versatility with the line up, but this looks like a pretty strong championship caliber contender.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland with Artest = Scary
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Cleveland with Artest = Scary
It would be a one year deal and be a one year acclimation of stars. If LeBron can't win with a team with both Artest and O'Neal, he won't win one in Cleveland ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Artest looking for a possible S&T partner for Hou, or is he willing to take the MLE? Because if it's the MLE, Cuban better get on the phone asap.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is Artest looking for a possible S&T partner for Hou, or is he willing to take the MLE? Because if it's the MLE, Cuban better get on the phone asap.
Supposedly he would be willing to take the MLE, but from what I have heard that offer exists for the Cavs and Cavs only right now.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Moth, found the full Summer League roster for the Magic.

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Last Team/College
6 Maurice Ager G 6-2 220 New Jersey Nets/Michigan State
41 Lance Allred C 6-11 260 NBDL Idaho Stampede/Weber State
33 Ryan Anderson F 6-10 240 New Jersey Nets/California
3 Brian Chase G 5-10 170 Dynamo Moscow/Virginia Tech
21 Ronald Dupree F 6-7 209 NBDL Utah Flash/LSU
10 Courtney Fells G 6-6 210 North Carolina State
2 Levance Fields G 5-10 190 Pittsburgh
23 C.J. Giles G 6-11 240 Philippines/Oregon Satte
35 Richard Hendrix F 6-9 225 NBDL Dakota Wizards/Alabama
16 Steven Milosevic C 7-0 260 Koeln 99ers (Germany)
1 Jeremy Pargo G 6-2 220 Gonzaga
22 Kasib Powell F 6-7 215 NBDL Sioux Falls Skyforce/Texas Tech
19 Milovan Rakovic F 6-10 280 Spartak Saint Petersburg (Russia)
32 JeremyRichardson F 6-7 195 Orlando Magic/Delta State
24 Russell Robinson G 6-1 190 NDBL Reno Bighorns/Kansas
5 Darian Townes F 6-10 250 NBDL Erie BayHawks/Arkansas

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6031703.story

I think between Milovan Rakovic and Steven Milosevic we might have a Gortat replacement.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I was looking at it today. It will be impossible for one of those two to replace Gortat's production. Gortat was a major surprise in Orlando...he wasnt expected to turn out like he did. We're going to need to add a center/power forward capable of taking Gortat's minutes.

I'm not loving the wing players too much on this team. haha. Courtney Fells should atleast provide a little hope but, I dont see him making our team.

Pargo could have a shot if he plays well.

Our J Rich could have a shot as well. He really isnt good at all but, he was atleast on the roster all year last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, I was looking at it today. It will be impossible for one of those two to replace Gortat's production. Gortat was a major surprise in Orlando...he wasnt expected to turn out like he did. We're going to need to add a center/power forward capable of taking Gortat's minutes.

I'm not loving the wing players too much on this team. haha. Courtney Fells should atleast provide a little hope but, I dont see him making our team.

Pargo could have a shot if he plays well.

Our J Rich could have a shot as well. He really isnt good at all but, he was atleast on the roster all year last year.
I hear ya man. They look pretty shabby. Excited to see Anderson, Hendrix mostly and hope someone surprises. Gortat's production was nice, but he was virtually an unknown this time last year. Rakovic looks like a bull dog type player. He's also put up some nice stats playing in Europe.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently the Grizzlies are ready to offer David Lee a 5 year 50 mil contract. For the Knicks they would have to decline matching the offer as it would ruin their big plans of landing a star FA in 2010.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So apparently the Grizzlies are ready to offer David Lee a 5 year 50 mil contract. For the Knicks they would have to decline matching the offer as it would ruin their big plans of landing a star FA in 2010.
Great move for the Grizz. I really like that direction they are taking.

What are the Hawks doing?

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Great move for the Grizz. I really like that direction they are taking.
I love what Memphis has. I think they are a point guard away from being a fringe playoff team in the West. They have their two offensive stars in Rudy and Mayo. Defensively and on the boards they are now very potent with Thabeet, possibly David Lee, Hakim Warrick, Marc Gasol, DeMarre Carroll, and Sam Young backing up Rudy. They also have 2 promising young bigs in Darrell Arthur and the even bigger upside Haddadi. Sure they couldn't put it in the basket to save their lives but imagine a situational twin towers rotation with the two 7-2" plus Thabeet and Haddadi. All they need now is solid PG play. TBH I would try to move Conley for a veteran proven PG. Conley still has some value. Or at least make a play for someone like Steve Blake at least.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
They would decline but now it has to be seen whether Donnie realizes that he can use that offer and see if any other teams would take that offer and be willing to sign and trade. I have heard OKC, Portland and Detroit (got this from the NY media) all are interested in him. All it would take would be probably an expiring contract and hopefully a draft choice

EDIT: Also, J Kidd just met with Knicks brass today for a 3 hour meeting. Maybe Donnie just can pull this off...

Quote:

Last edited by aNYtitan : 07-01-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a couple Mavs notes:

- Seems like were really interested in Quentin Ross.... :/. Dallas native and a good defensive player, but if we use anything more then the Vet Min on him I will be pissed. This is no different then the signing of Eddie Jones and Doug Christie a few years ago, did nothing to make this team better.

- We've also shown interest in Gortat. I'm okay with this, should be able to start over Dampier, and would be an upgrade there. But there's no guarantee that he comes here as they're a number of suiters looking at him.

- Rumored offer of 3yr/$27Mill for Kidd. Cuban and Nellie overvalue Kidd, but there doesn't seem to be any other option out there. There better be some kind of team option for that 3rd year.

- no one seems to be biting on Stackhouse's $7mill exp contract. Him and Josh are the only trading assets we have, so Cuban and company better get creative.

Last edited by Paul : 07-01-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Gerald Henderson on our summer league team? I'm confused.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Isn't Fran Vazquez coming to Orlando this year? I assume he'll step in and backup Dwight?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really doubt it. Otis Smith hasnt talked about it at all and the buyout would be too pricy for us now, most likely.

Rumor has it, the Raps have offered Hedo 5 years....get ready...$60 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS