Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Uhhh.. I don't buy it. Unless Dumars said "you'll come off the bench until we trade Rip"
I'm fairly certain it's a smoke screen, but I just wanted to post it anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm fairly certain it's a smoke screen.
Yea, they might be saying that so that Rip doesn't get unhappy or demand a trade. The Pistons would be able to negotiate for a better return if Rip was seemingly happy/wants to stay, rather than him being unhappy and the Pistons having to unload asap, in which case teams will just low ball them.

There's no way Ben Gordon would accept a 6th man role unless he was behind Kobe and Lebron. Even then, he would prolly demand to start at PG or PF.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone enlighten me on why Rudy Ferandez is mad about the Blazers going after Turk?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Can someone enlighten me on why Rudy Ferandez is mad about the Blazers going after Turk?
Rudy played backup SG/SF last year. This would certainly take a bite out of his minutes. Plus they're getting Webster back. Granted they wont keep all of them but, Rudy probably feels a little threatened. Plus, there is no starting future in sight anymore for him in Portland.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Rudy played backup SG/SF last year. This would certainly take a bite out of his minutes. Plus they're getting Webster back. Granted they wont keep all of them but, Rudy probably feels a little threatened. Plus, there is no starting future in sight anymore for him in Portland.
Ah. I thought he was more of a PG/SG.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, they might be saying that so that Rip doesn't get unhappy or demand a trade. The Pistons would be able to negotiate for a better return if Rip was seemingly happy/wants to stay, rather than him being unhappy and the Pistons having to unload asap, in which case teams will just low ball them.

There's no way Ben Gordon would accept a 6th man role unless he was behind Kobe and Lebron. Even then, he would prolly demand to start at PG or PF.
Ben "6'3, 3 rebounds a game" Gordon at PF. lol.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah. I thought he was more of a PG/SG.
He didnt play all that much PG really. He was on the floor a lot with Roy, playing SF. Brandon Roy spent a lot of time running the point basically. So, it would be interesting to see what they do if Hedo comes on. He'd more than likely still play a lot of point forward with Roy playing off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Ben "6'3, 3 rebounds a game" Gordon at PF. lol.
6'3 is pretty generous for Gordon. I'd say he's closer to 6', though he's probably somewhere between the two.

If he does accept a 6th man role he must have really wanted out of Chicago given he could have made similar money and played a similar role there. In all honesty though if he wants to be a part of a successful team that's probably his best role. That's a ton of money to play a bench player, albeit one who is damn good at his role.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Gordon brings something most players don't...the ability to grab his crotch after hitting a big shot.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Ben Gordon brings something most players don't...the ability to grab his crotch after hitting a big shot.
If we hire Avery Johnson, there could be a ton of crotch activity in Detroit.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think he's using that as a cover for the fact that he's really upset that they traded Sergio Rodriguez, who was a major reason he came over in the first place.

I don't think they have a homosexual relationship like Stevie Franchise and Mobley probably did, but they are at least good friends.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS IN NEW JERSEY:

Rod Thorn stood up, getting off of his ass and picked up the phone!

He called Jay-Z, making sure he sent Lebron at least 5 texts today telling him why the Nets are so awesome and he should sign here.

Thorn then sat down, turned on espn, only to think "haha, I'm making so much money on those huge marketing deals in China because of Yi, maybe I should stop stealing cable...maybe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I actually think he's using that as a cover for the fact that he's really upset that they traded Sergio Rodriguez, who was a major reason he came over in the first place.

I don't think they have a homosexual relationship like Stevie Franchise and Mobley probably did, but they are at least good friends.
I think it's well documented that Rudy is racist against Turkish people.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BREAKING NEWS IN NEW JERSEY:

Rod Thorn stood up, getting off of his ass and picked up the phone!

He called Jay-Z, making sure he sent Lebron at least 5 texts today telling him why the Nets are so awesome and he should sign here.

Thorn then sat down, turned on espn, only to think "haha, I'm making so much money on those huge marketing deals in China because of Yi, maybe I should stop stealing cable...maybe"
Rod Thorn is a dickbag.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rod Thorn is a dickbag.
I know. QFT times a million.

i can't wait until I become the supreme ruler of New Jersey and keep the Nets here, sign lebron, take over the Devils, not be stupid, and just win so many championships that...something so awesome will happen I can't even create a hilarious analogy.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

i can't wait until I become the supreme ruler of New Jersey and keep the Nets here, sign lebron, take over the Devils, not be stupid, and just win so many championships that...something so awesome will happen I can't even create a hilarious analogy.
Something morer awesomer than going to Rutgers?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we could lose both ariza and odom. if that happens PLEASE up the ante on ron artest.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Something morer awesomer than going to Rutgers?
there is nothing more awesome than going to Rutgers. so i couldnt really make a good comparison. I mean it's almost as awesome, but not quite. It's like that awesome feeling of beating some kid in NBA 2k9 even though he's the Lakers and Jarvis Hayes has to play because Anderson's tired, Yi sucks and Sean Williams isn't in the game, and you beat him anyway, and he cries to you in an xbox PM and you remind him that he let Trenton Hassel and Mo Ager reach double digits and that on one play, Keyon Dooling stuffed Kobe. You then proceed to have a 3some with Jessica Alba and that girl you've secretly had a crush on forever. After, you realize it's the Super Bowl, and the Giants are gonna win, and they do. You then have a sweet celebratory party where the same 3some happens again. THEN, you realize you're going to Rutgers and before all this, you realized they're making Pepsi Blue again and you won a lifetime supply. That's what it would be like.

Not quite Rutgers status, but close
Quote:
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unfortunately with that not happening, he will sign with the Knicks cause Donnie Walsh will find a way to trade Eddy Curry! Go do it Donnie, I got faith in you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm tearing up for my Pistons. I don't see how we can be anything but mediocre at best the next half decade with the players & contracts were putting together.

Chauncey for Ben Gordon :(

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 07-02-2009 at 01:43 AM.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Doug Collins dropped out of the Pistons coaching search.. Avery Johnson is now apparently the "favorite"..

Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To give Dumars some due, he did give them reasonable sized contracts. If Gordon resigned with the Bulls for that amount, their fans would be shouting with joy because it was less than they previously thought he'd get. CV for 5 years at $35M is a good deal.

I think the tough part to swallow is that there is definitely a shift in philosophy that Dumars is taking now. Instead of the stout defensive minded team, he's obviously going to try and assemble a high octane offensive team and place less importance on defense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
To give Dumars some due, he did give them reasonable sized contracts. If Gordon resigned with the Bulls for that amount, their fans would be shouting with joy because it was less than they previously thought he'd get. CV for 5 years at $35M is a good deal.

I think the tough part to swallow is that there is definitely a shift in philosophy that Dumars is taking now. Instead of the stout defensive minded team, he's obviously going to try and assemble a high octane offensive team and place less importance on defense.
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with being more offensive minded, but we have to get a coach on board that's got the same philosophy. As far as I know, Avery Johnson isn't much of a "high octane" offensive coach.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with being more offensive minded, but we have to get a coach on board that's got the same philosophy. As far as I know, Avery Johnson isn't much of a "high octane" offensive coach.
Yeah, the worst combination is seeing a defensive coach go hard on his players to play tough defense when they are incapable of it. What you get is a totally frustrated coach and disgruntled players.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:54 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Marc Ivaroni ever got a another coaching job after he was fired by the grizzlies but he basically invented d'antoni's offense