Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think the Warriors have an outside shot as well as an 8 seed if their run and gun team gets in rhythm and some of their young studs grow.

This would be their starting lineup right now:

PG:Monta Ellis
SG:Stephen Curry
Either can take the ball up
SF: Corey Maggette
PF:Stephen Jackson
C: Andris Biedrins

Then there are some great reserves: Anthony Randolph, Anthony Morrow, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinneli, Brandon Wright. I will tell Warriors fans to not expect anything out of Acie Law or Speedy Claxton.
I would think Curry would be the PG over Ellis. And that team would still get raped defensively.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would think Curry would be the PG over Ellis. And that team would still get raped defensively.
They sucked defensively the year they beat Dallas too. Granted they have a completely different roster now but it's still the same style.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They sucked defensively the year they beat Dallas too. Granted they have a completely different roster now but it's still the same style.
it was bad, but it wasnt THAT bad. those two at guard couldn't cover a middle schooler. monta cherry picks, and curry plays defense like a freshman at his first dance, really afraid to touch them, but the intentions are there.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then there are some great reserves: Anthony Randolph, Anthony Morrow, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinneli, Brandon Wright.
Great Reserves? Morrow and Azubuike are the only ones who have proven anything at this level. Talented group yes, but that is not a great set of reserves.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Great Reserves? Morrow and Azubuike are the only ones who have proven anything at this level. Talented group yes, but that is not a great set of reserves.
Way better than the Spurs bench though. ;)

Seriously, I know Randolph hasn't proved a lot yet in this league, but he is gonna be a great player very soon. Love Morrow. Azubuike is steady as a rock and I like him better than Maggette actually. Belinelli and Wright have a lot of promise. ...and if they find a way to keep Watson, they'd be very deep at PG, since they also have Acie Law.

They have a great young bench filled with a lot of potential. What they need is more size in the post. Amare Stoudemire would've been sick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turiaf is the best player on their bench. He was voted a team captain too. And Randolph's going to start. lol at maggette
Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the Maggette hate, he's a really good perimeter scorer and does it pretty efficiently. Great at attacking the rim and getting to the line.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand the Maggette hate, he's a really good perimeter scorer and does it pretty efficiently. Great at attacking the rim and getting to the line.
He's not a good perimeter scorer really at all. His greatest attribute is his slashing. But he doesn't play defense (not that it really matters there) and he isn't much of a team player at all. I wasn't hating on him though if you were talking about me. It's just that Randolph will be a starter.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the Sonics picked Corey Maggette and traded him for some 7 footers. I cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
He's not a good perimeter scorer really at all. His greatest attribute is his slashing. But he doesn't play defense (not that it really matters there) and he isn't much of a team player at all. I wasn't hating on him though if you were talking about me. It's just that Randolph will be a starter.

I meant perimeter only in the sense that he's a guard, I said that his greatest attribute was getting to the rim/free throw line.

And I don't know if Randolph will start. Nelson seemed hesitant to give him playing time last year at times.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching the LA-GS games because they are always good.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Way better than the Spurs bench though. ;)

Seriously, I know Randolph hasn't proved a lot yet in this league, but he is gonna be a great player very soon. Love Morrow. Azubuike is steady as a rock and I like him better than Maggette actually. Belinelli and Wright have a lot of promise. ...and if they find a way to keep Watson, they'd be very deep at PG, since they also have Acie Law.

They have a great young bench filled with a lot of potential. What they need is more size in the post. Amare Stoudemire would've been sick.
They do have talent on the bench, no doubt about that but to call it "great" is just stupid.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Going to the USA Basketball Showcase at Thomas & Mack tonight! Durant, Iguodala, Rose, ***, Mayo, Josh Smith, Eric Gordon, Devin Harris, Love, Bropez, Oden...can't wait!
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I wish that the one word for happiness which also has correlation with homosexuality were uncensored in this thread only. All things considered.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
You know, I wish that the one word for happiness which also has correlation with homosexuality were uncensored in this thread only. All things considered.
you mean *** as in Rudy ***? At least it doesn't show up as "cool" anymore. That was kind of a big thing around here. I even started calling Rudy ***, Rudy Cool because of it

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
Going to the USA Basketball Showcase at Thomas & Mack tonight! Durant, Iguodala, Rose, ***, Mayo, Josh Smith, Eric Gordon, Devin Harris, Love, Bropez, Oden...can't wait!
That's awesome. Supposedly Durant is a beast.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
Let us know if Durant has put on any muscle mass. I'm very curious as to how he's been training this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still call Rudy ***, Rudy Cool all the time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javale Mcgee is ready to dominate at the USA camp. BTW apparently Lamar Odom is leaning towards the Miami Heat. Apparently after he rejected the 4 year 36 mil offer 2 weeks back, Buss is shooting him with a lower offer. It's his fault. He should have taken that deal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

silly Odom, it would be a shame if he went to Miami, I wonder who the Lakers would pick up to replace him

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
silly Odom, it would be a shame if he went to Miami, I wonder who the Lakers would pick up to replace him
That's the problem. They can't afford anyone outside of the minimum. They're way over the cap as is.

It's Odom or bust.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their apparently looking at signing Shelden Williams with the min if Odom walks out.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Like I said. Odom or bust.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Their apparently looking at signing Shelden Williams with the min if Odom walks out.

Hahaha. That clown could barely even get on the floor for the Wolves.

LA is still better than last year if Odom walks in my opinion because Artest>Odom, but they aren't a lot better. If they lose Odom I think the Spurs and Magic are better than them, maybe the Celtics too.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hahaha. That clown could barely even get on the floor for the Wolves.

LA is still better than last year if Odom walks in my opinion because Artest>Odom, but they aren't a lot better. If they lose Odom I think the Spurs and Magic are better than them, maybe the Celtics too.
Artest>Odom, but Artest does NOT > the combination of both Ariza and Odom.