Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taj Gibson for ROTY.

I am about to have a big serving of crow if this kid keeps playing like he did last night because he looked goooood.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Aside from being excited about the Lakers, the #1 reason I'm looking forward to this season is that it takes us one year closer to the D-Wade/Rose combo.
In order for that to happen we have to clear out some cap room. So that would mean Deng, Hinrich, Miller, and Thomas probably are all gone.

I guess Wade told Cutler on his twitter that they "should do some great things in Chicago" or something along those lines. Don't know how serious he was but thought it was pretty interesting.

Wade isn't my first choice to play alongside Rose but if it happens, a dynasty in Chicago is born again. Two potential top 5 players on the same team, that's ******* scary.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Taj Gibson for ROTY.

I am about to have a big serving of crow if this kid keeps playing like he did last night because he looked goooood.
how is his offensive game looking, because his defense and rebounding was never in question. I didn't see the game, but i saw the box score. 19-9-3 with a block is better than what you'll see night in, night out, but that's expected.

EDIT: I mean his around the post game, since his jumper was never bad, but he is a bit skinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 10-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind if the Magic acquired Bayless. We certainly have the ammunition, and we still need a young athletic combo-guard with length and upside.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I wouldn't mind if the Magic acquired Bayless. We certainly have the ammunition, and we still need a young athletic combo-guard with length and upside.
What do the Magic have that the Blazers would want?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 Mil Trade exception
Old 10-03-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.vimeo.com/6874411

Looks like KG's still limping around. Definitely not good the Celts.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
8 Mil Trade exception
Considering the economy, the Magic's trade exemption may be the most valuable commodity on the market right now.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandan Wright messed up his shoulder.
again.
out the entire season.
again.

former 8 overall pick from the '07 draft was lookin nice, but it sucks this happened to him again.

link: www.goldenstateofmind.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay, i'm going to the Bulls, Jazz exhibition 2mo. First ever NBA game, I know it doesn't count cos it's a nonsense friendly but should be sweet either way.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Yay, i'm going to the Bulls, Jazz exhibition 2mo. First ever NBA game, I know it doesn't count cos it's a nonsense friendly but should be sweet either way.
I suggest imagining which players could have been great soccer players. Like Deron Wiliams as a center back or Derrick Rose as an attacking midfielder. Should be fun. Hopefully Tyrus Thomas plays so you can see some crazy hops and athleticism.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pistons preseason is about to start. Nice to see Ben Wallace back in a Pistons jersey even if he isn't the same as he was when he left.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Brandan Wright messed up his shoulder.
again.
out the entire season.
again.

former 8 overall pick from the '07 draft was lookin nice, but it sucks this happened to him again.

link: www.goldenstateofmind.com
The new Sean May.

Heck, he's even from the same school. There might be a trend here with North Carolina players being fragile.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sucks for Brandon Wright I actually though he could have a break out season this year but instead out the season, but now i got to think of someone else

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Opens the door to more minutes for Anthony Randolph!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis are jealous of Brandan Wright.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Penny Hardaway.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

The Lakers will win 70 games this year. They're going to be great on offense and defense.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
The Lakers will win 70 games this year. They're going to be great on offense and defense.
Laughable. I am not sure Artest makes them better offensively OR defensively.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Laughable. I am not sure Artest makes them better offensively OR defensively.
explain????????
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
explain????????
Artest is not a defensive stopper anymore. He has lost a couple steps and cannot keep up with many premium scorers. This was hidden because the Rockets had several different guys who could take the premium scorer during different points during the games. Because of his decreased athleticism he now takes more chances and that puts the defensive in a bad position.

Trevor Ariza was more active and coming into his own as a defensive stopper and I believe would be a better signing than Artest would have been. Artest takes a lot of shots that are ill advised. He is very decent when left wide open, much like Jason Kidd, however when there is any sort of pressure he is not as good. I think he will mess up with chemistry enough to make them less effective offensively. I do not think it will be a big difference offensively but not make them better in any way.

Artest is a flashy signing, but he still carries a lot of question marks as to his behavior and how much he does have left in the tank. When he was in Houston they did a great job of hiding him and keeping him from becoming a controversial figure. In LA I am not sure he will be able to stay away from the spotlight. I would like the Lakers more if they had Ariza instead of Artest.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet, that was worth the money even without getting to see Rose in action. Johnson and Gibson were very impressive the whole night, nice to see that finish in your first live game :) Now I gots to sleep.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Artest is not a defensive stopper anymore. He has lost a couple steps and cannot keep up with many premium scorers. This was hidden because the Rockets had several different guys who could take the premium scorer during different points during the games. Because of his decreased athleticism he now takes more chances and that puts the defensive in a bad position.

Trevor Ariza was more active and coming into his own as a defensive stopper and I believe would be a better signing than Artest would have been. Artest takes a lot of shots that are ill advised. He is very decent when left wide open, much like Jason Kidd, however when there is any sort of pressure he is not as good. I think he will mess up with chemistry enough to make them less effective offensively. I do not think it will be a big difference offensively but not make them better in any way.

Artest is a flashy signing, but he still carries a lot of question marks as to his behavior and how much he does have left in the tank. When he was in Houston they did a great job of hiding him and keeping him from becoming a controversial figure. In LA I am not sure he will be able to stay away from the spotlight. I would like the Lakers more if they had Ariza instead of Artest.
Smells like wishful thinking. Season isn't too far off, can't wait.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Smells like wishful thinking. Season isn't too far off, can't wait.
I have nothing invested in this season. The Bulls will be a 7 or 8 seed in the East. Artest was not a great defender last year and I see no improvement this year. Offensively it is what I believe, but I think that 70 wins is awful wishful thinking as well. I would say the Lakers will win more than 60 games this year and likely the 1 seed in the West, but I am just saying that I do not think they will get more than 65.

Rchrd, it is too bad you didn't get to see Rose play live. Also, you didn't get to see Tyrus Thomas be crazy athletic (and stupid). I think Tyrus Thomas can make the best highlights and lowlights you could ever see.

Last edited by dabears10 : 10-06-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Artest was never an awesome athlete by any means, even in his prime with the Pacers. But he knew how to position himself on defense and he always had quick hands, those aren't going to change with age. Not to mention he is going to be a load to handle on the block for a lot of SF's, him and Gasol are going to be hell to defend against in the post.

Ariza is definitely more athletic, quicker and may even become a better player then Artest in the future. But for right now, I don't see it as a downgrade at all.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote