Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much for 20-1 Reggie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
My new team, the OKC Thunder, are beasting. Love it.
YES

Glad to have you on board the Thunder Wagon. Next stop...playoffs.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So much for 20-1 Reggie.
It's not over yet.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashty 18 Points, 6 Rebounds, 20 Assists, and Channing Frye was 6-7 from 3

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow at 6'3" shannon browns ups that was SICK
Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
"Lake Show" getting their asses kicked at home right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So much for 20-1 Reggie.
seriously. wtf. we just won the title we didn't reinvent the game of basketball. i hate all these dumb predicitions/unreal expectations...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...few_rap_songs/

Lol JJ Reddick
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Jermaine O'Neal goes for 22/12 again.
Enjoy it while it's there, because in about 2 weeks he'll be on the shelf with an injury. Good to see him playing well again though. O'Neal was good as **** when he was healthy.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Not so much. It's not like I'm switching football allegiance. If I decided that I'm going to support the Cowboys instead of the Saints, a team I've grown up, know the culture, can name the roster of, and have suffered with for a long time then absolutely. Flag on the field. That's a violation of fandome.
But the New Orleans Hornets? Eh. The Hornets haven't been in New Orleans very long, I despise the ownership, and the only player on the team I like is CP3. I went out looking for a team and I settled on the Thunder. Good young team with a player I love (Durant), great FO, good coach, fairly local. I'll keep up with the Hornets but they'll be like my girl on the side. The Thunder will be the girl I come home to at night.

Even if they do suck, I think I'd stick it out rather than having to come home to that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the Wizards give DC area fans something to be proud of this year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
seriously. wtf. we just won the title we didn't reinvent the game of basketball. i hate all these dumb predicitions/unreal expectations...

Not only did I not make a dumb prediction or present any unrealistic expectations I didn't make a prediction or give any expectations. It was a statement of fact. You got your asses kicked. The Lakers can be criticized just like any other team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn the Nets have C Lee playing about 40 minutes per game in the early get go.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andray Blatche has the league's Most Improved Player award locked up.

Averaging 21 ppg on 28-39 shooting.....OFF THE BENCH
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post

Danilo Gallinari disagrees.

He is a beast. Easily a top five three point shooter already in the league. It's too bad the Knicks suck so much and can't take advantage of Gallo keeping the Knicks in games by himself.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post

Gallinari > Blatche!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blatche actually has more than one skill so he should get it if he keeps it up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna disagree on Gallinari as a top 5 three point shooter in the league. He's only played two games this year after having a good, but not top 5 shooting year last year.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm gonna disagree on Gallinari as a top 5 three point shooter in the league. He's only played two games this year after having a good, but not top 5 shooting year last year.
..he was pretty much hurt all last year. Just watch the guy shoot, he has one of the smoothest jump shots in the game.

I mean people know he's going to shoot the three and he's still getting shots in with guys in his face.

He's also not one dimensional, not sure who mentioned that before, but he's really starting to show how well rounded a player he can be. He can dribble really well for a 6'10 guy, block some shots, even create some steals and rebound too.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallinari is averaging 18PPG just from three pointers so far!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
..he was pretty much hurt all last year. Just watch the guy shoot, he has one of the smoothest jump shots in the game.

I mean people know he's going to shoot the three and he's still getting shots in with guys in his face.

He's also not one dimensional, not sure who mentioned that before, but he's really starting to show how well rounded a player he can be. He can dribble really well for a 6'10 guy, block some shots, even create some steals and rebound too.

I understand that he was hurt, but two great shooting games doesn't vault him into top 5 in the entire league status. Maybe eventually, but you can't put him at the same level as a guy like Ray Allen, Steve Nash, or Kevin Durant already.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL ginobili and the bat LOL
Old 10-31-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not only did I not make a dumb prediction or present any unrealistic expectations I didn't make a prediction or give any expectations. It was a statement of fact. You got your asses kicked. The Lakers can be criticized just like any other team.
that wasn't an attack on you. it was an attack on espn and their lousy nba analysts (reggie miller) i was criticizing the fact that they said this years lakers could challenge the bulls for 72 wins...
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

i know its one game but so far apparently, ariza's play on the lakers wasn't a fluke.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

speaking of things that werent a fluke off limited evidence man jennings and the europe experience instead of college looks like he made the right decision this is so intriguing to me and is very interesting to see how it plays out with top prospects in the comings years?! jennings has had two very effective games so far and hes on the sorry @ss bucks this europe thing is gonna make things all wacked up i think, stern thought he was being so smart making the kids going to college and i think its going to backfire in the strongest way with more top talent than ever ending up making big money in europe instead of studying and living the humble college life that stern wanted them too
Old 11-01-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I did a bit of an unprofessional but I like to think unbiased breakdown of the roster value for the Magic/Celtics/Lakers.

Each starting position gets 1-5 points, 1 being a guy who is a sixth man at best and really shouldn't be starting at all and 5 being the cornerstone of your franchise.

Rondo: 4 / Nelson: 3.5 / Fisher: 2
Bryant: 5 / Carter: 4 / Allen: 3
Pierce: 4.5 / Lewis: 3.5 / Artest: 3
Garnett: 4.5 / Gasol: 4 / Anderson: 1
Howard: 5 / Bynum: 3 / Perkins: 2

That adds up to 17 points for the Magic, 18 for the Celtics and 17 for the Lakers.

The key, however, is the bench. The Magic have three key backups (Gortat/Bass/Pietrus) who could be sixth men on any team in the NBA and start for a few as well. Those are all worth 3 points. The Magic have one more good backup, Barnes, who is worth two points, and a pair of solid backups in Redick and Williams, giving the Magic a total of 13 bench points (30 total).

Boston has one key backup (Wallace), three good backups (Williams, House and Daniels) and not much behind them (not counting Davis until his suspension deal is cleared up), giving them 9 bench points (27 total) which isn't bad.

The Lakers lag behind both. They have one key backup (Odom), one solid backup (Walton) and a smattering of guys who are just decent (Vujacic, Brown, Farmar), giving them 8 points (26 total). That's not that far back considering the point system, but there's just two quality guys there, compared to four for both the Magic and Celtics.

In the end it's not about quantity, it's about quality. And the Magic lead the big three in quality depth.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote